5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toy
Quite big size. My 4 month baby likes to hold him in her arms! Nice vibrant colors. Different textures. Sophisticated details, such as the small mirror, very nice surprise :-) Bought it at half price sale so love it even more! Would vote 6 stars if possible.
Published on 12 Sept. 2010 by Ha

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok
very good quality and I guess a good toy to widen baby's imagination. Havent been able to see much of the attraction to my baby as I think he was too little when I bought it (little bit over 1 month). I think it may interest him more now when he is getting older. Its quite big, bigger than I expected so it takes lots of space when hanging in the pram. It will be a good...
Published 15 months ago by D

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toy, 12 Sept. 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 28 Dec. 2013
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Lamaze Captain Calamari the Octopus Pirate (Baby Product)
As with all Lamaze toys, this is tough and baby proof. It has a large plastic ring for it to be suspended or secured to prevent loss and it clips in well on a baby nest (eg B004T19AZC )

I think this is a great toy with each leg having a different look or feel, a plastic mirror on the belly and a big soft head to cuddle. Unfortunately, my baby disagrees with me and is completely uninterested in it. He has other Lamaze toys in his little clique of toys, but Captain Calamari did not make the final cut and he is an outsider. Maybe in time Cap'n Calamari might warm the cockles of the baby's heart and he might be allowed into the inner sanctum of toys, but at this time he is a castaway.

Despite my baby's disinterest, I would still recommend this as a toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Captain Calamari, 15 Sept. 2010
Ms. V. Bethell "Victoria Bethell" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Captain Calamari the Octopus Pirate (Baby Product)
My grandson, Arthur (eight months when I bought it for him, now nine months) and I love this toy. He squeaks with excitement when he sees it. Apart from the crinkly hat, he loves the rattling ball on the end of one of the tentacles, and the two rings on the end of another. I don't think he's paid much attention to the mirror yet. I love him because he just looks so funny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute & very good quality, 13 July 2010
This review is from: Lamaze Captain Calamari the Octopus Pirate (Baby Product)
Very cute toy and excellent quality. The colours are great. Delivery was as promised and the toys all arrived well packaged

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by all., 7 Oct. 2013
Mrs. C Nejedly "Caz" (Bristol England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Captain Calamari the Octopus Pirate (Baby Product)
I bought this for a present for a new born. Its 5 months on and its his favorite present. As I would expect with this make its great quality and provides hours of fun for children. Would def recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver!, 30 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Lamaze Captain Calamari the Octopus Pirate (Baby Product)
I was given this toy by a friend for my baby & we could not live without it. My son just seems to turn off the crying and calm down when you show him Captain Calamari. We love it as it has so many colours, textures & noises. Thanks Captain Calamari!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Lamaze Captain Calamari the Octopus Pirate (Baby Product)
My little boy loves this, it's become his new best friend that goes everywhere with us :-) would recommend anyone to get these toys

5.0 out of 5 stars shazza, 17 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Lamaze Captain Calamari the Octopus Pirate (Baby Product)
I already had freddie the firefly when my daughter was a baby so when my son arrived I decided to get some more as these lamaze toys are such good quality and full of developmental opportunities. I ordered captain calamari along with sir prancealot and the knot. Of the three this appears to be the one my boy favours- his face lights up when he sees it- though at 4 months his main interest is sucking the knotty legs! I find this toy unusual from the other lamaze toys in that it has a plain plastic rattle attached to one leg- the other toys of this range that I own have rattles but covered in fabric. I like this one- so does my son, he likes to watch the little balls jiggling around inside the ball. the mirror is perfect for peekaboo games and can always elicit as giggle! It is a nice size- though my sons hands are only able to grasp the legs at the moment as he cannot co-ordinate his arms to grab the head yet!

A brilliant toy- highly recommended to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Captain Calamari obsession, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Lamaze Captain Calamari the Octopus Pirate (Baby Product)
My son loves his Captain Calamari! First he loved looking at it, then he loved the rattle, when he was teething he started biting it's tentacles and the rings attached and now he is just over 6 months he loves looking at the mirror underneath and just playing with it. It's definitely one of the best toys I have bought for him!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great entertainment aid, 14 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Lamaze Captain Calamari the Octopus Pirate (Baby Product)
My son received this as a christmas gift when he was just a few weeks old, it is suitable from birth and can be hung on the pram, car seat or a headrest in the car.

Our son only started to take real interest when he was about 9 weeks old and was interested in the bright colours but now at 14 weeks he loves grabbing the different textured tentacles and rattling the small ball and clacking rings.
Underneath the tentacles is a mirror so it is great for hanging above baby so they can see their reflection. Wee hang it from his play gym and also from the hood of his pram and it keeps him entertained for a good while especially as he now enjoys holding onto things and he seems to like the soft velour and silky satin fabricss that cover some of the tentacles.

An ideal gift for new parents or ideal if your baby is just getting into exploring a great priced item that will last!

Lamaze Captain Calamari the Octopus Pirate