5.0 out of 5 stars Finally...
I would reccommend this to anyone who, like me, has been waiting for EVER for a UK release of Season 2. Apart from a little bit of writing on the box, the disks are just the same as if it had been a UK release. The default on the disks is for English with no subtitles, and they contain all the extras of the US release. In fact, I prefer this to the Region 1 as the box art...
Published on 17 Sept. 2007 by Henry Dalton

3.0 out of 5 stars A bridge too far...
Published 2 months ago by Naomi_B

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A bridge too far..., 5 Nov. 2014
Naomi_B (southport,england) - See all my reviews
The second season starts off well with supernatural elements being thrown into the mystery and humour we enjoyed from the first season. Upon a major story arc reveal and around episode 10 the series starts to faulter as some main characters disappear for obvious reasons. Guest stars keep the series fresh such as Miguel as Agent Albert, David Duchovny as Denise and Lynch as the lovable hard of hearing Gordon who is so sweet. However for me the show did not pick up again from 10 until the episode ' variations on relations' ( episode 19 on Amazon instant video) when we learn more of the lodges and the role they have been playing throughout the entire series. The supernatural plots really intrigue whereas the mystery we loved in season 1 and until the killer is revealed is sadly lacking in later episodes of season 2 and the side mystery plots of the mill and James involved in a film noir style murder plot just don't intrigue enough to keep the story going through 21 episodes (Amazon instant video). To be honest for me episodes 11-19 could have been condensed into one or two. Twin peaks suited being a mini series length rather than the longer second series. The ending isn't to everyone's taste but I like it and it certainly intrigues for the third season which has been announced.

5.0 out of 5 stars DELICIOUSLY WEIRD!, 27 Sept. 2007
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Sure, everyone has his/hers favorite TV shows, and preferences shift with seasonal mood, age and experiences. However, THIS IS TELEVISION AT HER BEST!

Atmospheric, mysterious, intriguing, smart,...Words are just not capable to describe this prematurely terminated series! Every time I watch it I discover another moment, another gem I treasure. Too bad it got treated as filler material resulting in its eventual cancellation.

The quality of the second season set is not exactly at par with the first: much less extra material (I was hoping for the spin-off commercials, especially the Japanese ones!). Yet the episodes are beautifully treated: image and sound do them justice.
After all, it is the episodes we bought it for.

Luckily, there is an Ultimate GOLD BOX available that includes both seasons and has everything a true fan would want (save a true sequel...).
My advice, opt for that one.

Buy it and make weekends out of it. Once in a blue moon a certain magic manifests amongst us. One that never fades.
And there is always music in the air.

How do I know? A gentle giant told me.

5.0 out of 5 stars DELICIOUSLY WEIRD!, 17 Mar. 2008
NeuroSplicer (Freeside, in geosynchronous orbit) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

After all, it is the episodes we bought it for.

And there is always music in the air.

How do I know? A gentle giant told me.

=======================================
UPDATE: There is now a GOLD EDITION release of both seasons - with all the extras one could desire! My advice: opt for that one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry, you're all right, 31 Dec. 2009
PD Waite "pauldwaite" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Plays just fine on English DVD players (or at least it does on my Mac), even in English by default.

As for the show, great stuff. Would have been better with fewer episodes, but it's still miles ahead of most things on TV nowadays, let alone back in 1991.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless Classic, 4 Oct. 2007
David Lynch was always a favourite of ours, but this DVD set is just out of this world. Thought provoking, multi-layered, genius TV. This one's in a league of its own. Unmissable. Sure, it's wierd at times and totally leftfield, but it is also touching, creepy, hilariously funny and an unadulterated feast of eye candy. Few series have such a variety of characterisation - some are soap-opera shallow, some are psychotically deep. Lynch's willingness to let go of the director's reins and let a bunch of other talents in on the action just adds to the texture in this dstunning tapestry. And David Lynch's own appearances are quite wonderful.

Waited a long time for this, as I was abroad when it was first shown on telly. It's priceless.

THANKS MR LYNCH!! LOVE YA!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Twin Peaks Complete Season 2, 6 April 2009
Melvin Witt (Canterbury, UK) - See all my reviews
4 stars - I too was eager to get twin peaks series 2 on DVD and took heart from other reviews saying that this it is much better to get this one than wait for any possible British release. As commented other than some dutch writing on the box, theres nothing to distinguish this from a regular UK release. No extras for the first 3 discs, but there are on the last 3. Very glad I made this purchase. Required purchase if you have the first box set. I think I purchased this through Amazon and best_of_dvd and it arrived comfortably under a week from purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fabulous, 5 Sept. 2009
A. Freegard (England) - See all my reviews
I waited and waited for Season 2 to come out in England, years and years!!!! I was always a bit scared of buying the Dutch import....how silly was I? Finally fed up with the waiting I did it. Watching the season through was really good. You would not know it was a foreign import, apart from the back of the box, which is in Dutch, all the rest is English and the discs are default English too. So you just pop them in and play, simple.
Fabulous, if you enjoyed Twin Peaks and are fed up waiting...wait no more.....enjoy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Twin Peaks revisited, 31 Oct. 2009
M. Smith (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent quality and fast delivery with no problems. Highly recommended for all Twin Peaks fans and those who have yet to enjoy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars brings back memories, 15 Aug. 2009
Really enjoyed the dvd,brought back memories of when I first watched Twin Peaks on tv all those years ago! But importantly I had forgotten who killed Laura Palmer so really enjoyed that storyline! Once that is revealed the story brings in more characters and side stories.Its a shame the series was axed cause there was alot of those side stories left unfinished.Ive just started to watch the Fire Walk with me movie, so looking forward to see what thats like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth waiting for, 1 Dec. 2009
C. Burton (Scotland) - See all my reviews
The original series was fantastic. Been waiting a long time for this second season boxed set. It has been well worth it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

Twin Peaks: Season 2 (UK Version) [DVD]
Twin Peaks: Season 2 (UK Version) [DVD] by Kyle MacLachlan (DVD - 2010)