5.0 out of 5 stars No foul ups, 8 sheets at a time and at least 15 mins continuous use!
Upgrading from a typical consumer shredder to this bad boy is like upgrading from a 20 year old Ford Fiesta to a 2011 Aston Martin. The difference is indescribable.

Before, with our consumer shredder, we could maybe shred 3 sheets at a time for about 1 minute before encountering the usual clog ups and over heats. This shredder can HAPPILY take 8 sheets at a...
Published on 8 Sep 2011 by The Archer

I bought this shredder for home use, very little load, mainly to destroy mail with my details in it.

I used it very lightly, always well within the recommended limits.

In spite of that, the shredder started to struggle with a couple of sheets of glossy or heavy weight paper, or 3-4 sheets of normal paper.

I thought oiling the blades could...
Published 3 months ago by Diego Olerni

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars This shredder is certainly the quietest I have ever used, I am very happy with its capabilities and would recommend it., 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Swordfish 800XXC 8 Sheet Micro Cut Paper/Document Shredder ref: 40158 (Office Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real step up, 3 Nov 2013
R.E. Viewer (Scotland, UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I was, as most people are, used to many of those "standard" home shredders that can be bought everywhere for between 30 - 60. Compared to that standard of shredder this beauty is:

- Far quieter
- Shreds into far smaller pieces (A4 sheet becomes 2500 bits)
- Can handle more paper (up to 8 sheets of 80 gsm paper at once)

The top shredding section cannot be lifted off like most cheaper ones and it is much more secure. It sits atop four caster wheels and can be moved easily. Bin pulls out like a drawer and is simply tipped out. The motor does not make that sound of struggling when loaded up, it just chews through paper with ease.

This machine actually draws the paper through ever so slightly slower than some cheaper models, but this is a small price to pay for the superior quality and security that it brings. I was never overly concerned about the noise of my shredder before, but after hearing just how quiet this one is in comparison it highlights how loud the other ones really are. This just emits a low hum.

Can shred paper, most cardboard, even handles staples well (although not recommended) and can also shred credit cards. It cannot shred CDs or DVDs. Get yourself a bottle of shredder oil also and run a sheet of paper through it once a month laced with some of it for continued smooth shredding.

Seems expensive but as the other reviewers have said it is a real step up in quality, and well worth it in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much quieter than previous models, 28 Oct 2013
I had an earlier model that developed a fault that, from reading other reviews, was not unusual. I had used it for a few years so decided to replace. This was an obvious upgrade judging by the price but having decided to shell out for it, can't say I have regretted it.

It is amazingly quiet compared to the last model - we are talking the difference between – ‘oi you’ and ‘ahem my lady’. Also, having watched Argo recently, it was reassuring to see that it cuts into seriously teeny tiny pieces and would hopefully give me enough time to escape the Canadian Embassy before my mug shot was glued back together.

I like the fact that the trash bin section is on a raised platform that itself is on wheels. It makes it so much easier if you keep the shredder under a desk as I do. It is a better design too and looks more stylish than the previous one I had. So kudos to you Swordfish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Shredder, 16 Oct 2013
I bought this shredder to replace a total of two other cheaper shredders which had been purchased from a supermarket. The quality is clearly better at first sight, and I really love the way it very quietly shreds several sheets into micro pieces which drop into the very large capacity storage bin. In the end - you get what you pay for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased customer, 29 May 2012
Upon inspection the box and the product itself looked in immaculate condition. However, removing the waste bin upon inspection, I soon discovered a few shards of shredded paper left around the base of the unit. Cue a disappointed look on my face. This immediately indicated to me that the product was not brand new and nor was I the first owner of it. That being said, everything else about the shredder was highly satisfactory.

It is quiet, has a see-through window so you know when the waste bin is filling up, and it sits on castor wheels. I am slightly disappointed that it needs oiling as my previous one of 6 years never never needed it. Having said that, though, if oiling it means a longer life then so be it. Sadly it doesn't shred CDs but that's not important.

Overall it is a shredder I would recommend highly.Swordfish 800XXC Micro Cut Shredder - 8 Sheet Capacity

1.0 out of 5 stars Gets stuck with 1 sheet of paper, and the "REV" switch broke too, 12 April 2014

I used it very lightly, always well within the recommended limits.

I thought oiling the blades could help (even though I really had used the shredder very little and thought it would be a bit too soon for that) so I fed it a pre-oiled sheet I had bought on purpose.
No luck, now the shredder gets stuck with one single paper sheet, and the "REV" switch (to invert the direction of the blades) broke too, so if anything gets stuck there is no way of getting it out.

I paid in excess of 150 GBP for something that broke within 2 months, and now I cannot even find how to contact Amazon to have it replaced or repaired.

Don't buy it!