5.0 out of 5 stars No foul ups, 8 sheets at a time and at least 15 mins continuous use!
Upgrading from a typical consumer shredder to this bad boy is like upgrading from a 20 year old Ford Fiesta to a 2011 Aston Martin. The difference is indescribable.

Before, with our consumer shredder, we could maybe shred 3 sheets at a time for about 1 minute before encountering the usual clog ups and over heats. This shredder can HAPPILY take 8 sheets at a...
Published on 8 Sept. 2011 by The Archer

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Does the Job, fast and efficient, no clogging or jamming. But a lot noisier than rated
Published 6 months ago by sultan

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-designed and well-built, 10 Feb. 2013
Paul Stanyer (Milton Keynes United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swordfish 800XXC 8 Sheet Micro Cut Paper/Document Shredder ref: 40158 (Office Product)
I line the box with pedal-bin liners, and it is easy to brush up stray bits of shredding. By never feeding more than four sheets of paper in at once, the motor never sounds strained. The hopper window is useful to prevent over-filling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value - works well, 16 Mar. 2013
Bean15 (Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
Reviewed a number of reviews before purchasing this one. Smooth to use, doesn't make too much noise and doesn't heat up as quickly as my old model. I have made the effort to but some oil and keep it regularly serviced.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Thing Had Me In Bits !!, 29 May 2013
Martyn J Cox (Brierley Hill, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
OK sorry for the corny title, but this shredded is superb. The micro-cuts are about 12mm by 2mm and it makes plenty of them. It is whisper quiet and very portable thanks to the castors.

Only issue is the bin, unless you are very lucky / careful you WILL drop some bits, and at the small size they come out at, can get a bit messy.

But......if you want a good shredded, highly secure.....THIS is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Shredder, 26 Jun. 2013
Mark C (East Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Ordered yesterday and arrived today!

We are delighted with the shredder, worth the money and the 'micro' crosscut shredding ensures there is little or nothing that can be seen on the paper that has been shredded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 11 Sept. 2014
S. J. Slocombe (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
Have had this for two years now, in my home, so it's not high use, but it's done brilliantly so far. The shredding is wonderful - I feel so much better with everything being shredded that small.

When I've tried to put too much through, it stops, I switch it to reverse, and unlike other shredders I've used, it doesn't then spray a load of shredded bits out into the open - it's all neat and tidy. I separate the stack, put some through, then the rest, and in the whole process, have not managed to get more than perhaps three or four pieces of shredded paper out into the open, at most.

I've not (and I won't) put thick plastics through it, like CDs and credit cards, but it's managed shipping labels and the like just fine. Thin card is also fine.

I wouldn't call it whisper quiet, but it is quiet, which suits us well.

It fits nicely under my desk currently, but before our latest furniture arrangement, it was in the open, and it looks nice enough to hold its own out there. You can have the castors on or not (I don't), as suits you.

All in all, well worth the money. Truly happy I splurged and went to the next level for a shredder that shreds small enough to be worth bothering.

The shreds can be used as pet bedding, too, since they're small enough - you might put an ad on your local freegle/freecycle offering it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal shredder for home office use, 29 Oct. 2014
Excellent shredder!

Had two shredders from Rymans die on me the same week. One was a £20 machine that was 5 or 6 years old and the other was a £40 machine that was 2 years old. They were also very noisy and messy.

Fed up with buying cheap and getting the lower end of the quality scale, I did some extensive research online (Wired had a good review of shredders) and I chose this model as it cuts paper (and credit cards) into impressively small sizes (a lot smaller than the shredders I had before) and is really quiet. It is also ok to leave staples although I remove them as a precaution. I'm amazed by how quiet it is - I can actually use it at night without worrying about the neighbours. The removable container makes transferring cuttings a much cleaner and controlled process and the wheels are a bonus for moving it out away from a wall or corner for heavy use. It is much better to have a closed container (as opposed to see-thru mesh) as it keeps the noise down and the paper dust in.

I am delighted with it and recommend it without hesitation. I think for the quality it is great value for money. I have only had it a few weeks so don't know how long it will last but I am very happy with it so far. I also bought some oil for lubrication which I will do periodically.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 11 May 2013
Very good piece of equipment. Works very well and it is very quiet compared to other shredders that I have had.
I would recommend this to other people.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real quality super smooth & Queit machine does exactly what it says on the box., 11 Oct. 2014
A real quality machine super smooth and quiet and well built, and shreds you documents into the smallest of pieces there is no chance of anybody piecing this back together I know it makes it sound that you are being very "anal" about things but even the bottle of shredder oil by Swordfish is a quality thick plastic bottle that does not squirt everywhere as you try and pick it up and has a proper screw on cap, everything spells quality. This is my third shredder my two previous ones were made by Fellows and not a patch on this machine the second Fellows machine would only shred for about one and a half minutes or 10-12 sheets then would over heat and stop for ten minutes, screws fell out of the machine body so the draw would jam and you could not remove it. Trust me on this it does exactly what it says on the box and is quality do not buy a Fellows machine. I am self employed have a small office at home and look after my belongings and DO NOT abuse them so the previous machines were not abused they were just poor quality and not cheap. The Swordfish machine is truly a pleasure to own and use. Phil from Manchester.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much quieter than previous models, 28 Oct. 2013
I had an earlier model that developed a fault that, from reading other reviews, was not unusual. I had used it for a few years so decided to replace. This was an obvious upgrade judging by the price but having decided to shell out for it, can't say I have regretted it.

It is amazingly quiet compared to the last model - we are talking the difference between – ‘oi you’ and ‘ahem my lady’. Also, having watched Argo recently, it was reassuring to see that it cuts into seriously teeny tiny pieces and would hopefully give me enough time to escape the Canadian Embassy before my mug shot was glued back together.

I like the fact that the trash bin section is on a raised platform that itself is on wheels. It makes it so much easier if you keep the shredder under a desk as I do. It is a better design too and looks more stylish than the previous one I had. So kudos to you Swordfish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shredder and very quiet!, 17 Oct. 2011
Have used a number of small home/office shredders in recent years. Whilst most were ok they were all very noisy and prone to jamming.
Although the stated capacity of this shredder (8 sheets max.) is not as high as some others it is realistic and copes without appearing to strugge too hard. It suits the low use requirement of our small office (3 intermittent users) and the best feature is it's quiet operation. It can easily be used without disturbing other people, even when they are on the phone!
The micro cut feature means that the waste compacts more easily reducing the frequency of emptying. It also increases the security when shredding personal documents, credit card details etc.
Overall very pleased with this item and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.