on 13 October 2010
I bought Scene It? BOS a year ago and tough is was great game, well designed and great fun, recently bought Scene it? LCA which was out before Scene It? BOS, it too was great installment to the franchise.

However Scene It? Bright Lights Big Screen was a disgrace to the franchise, no avatar support, poorly designed screen layouts, its like as if they took one of the other installments of the game and stripped down the layouts, took out avatar support and changed a few questions around i.e. they milked what was left of the franchise. What a waste of money, if you're looking for an installment of the Scene It? franchise pick BOS or LCA in that order as they where great games.
on 19 September 2010
Its a no-frills buttoneer. All the questions you might expect are in there, along with the answers. Not much of a review eh? Well you see - its not that much of a product.

This versions predecessors Box Office Smash and Lights Camera Action were both much more fun generally. There was an atmosphere, backgrounds, a voice-over - you could play as your own Xbox avatar and you could play on Xbox Live.

This one - no atmosphere, no backgrounds, no avatar (you have to chose one of a dozen or so pre-loaded characters), no Xbox Live but wait! There is a voice over! Its called 'The Host'! All is not lost! Oh hang on - damn it, it is. The Host is crudely drawn (think Spectrum 48k and you're not far off) with a rubbish voice-over and absolutely no attempt to sync the animation with the voice track. However, you can turn The Host off and it is an option you will be exploring quite quickly I am certain.

You get your questions and you answer them - what more could you want? The answer - fun. Its missing here. This would have been much better as downloadable content for Box Office Smash to update the questions.
on 3 January 2014
Never got a chance to play the game as it came in French, everything on the box and disk was English however the language was French and there is no way to change this. Very disappointed.
A Fantastic game for playing with family and friends, I've played so far with family at home and also with friends at a party we had a few weeks ago, I've purchased the previous Scene It! games for the xbox 360 and I think this one has been a huge improvement from other titles. This title does not contain many cut scenes in comparison to the previous title (sofa flying around, award ceremony etc.) however the puzzles are a lot more enjoyable and it also has far more video clips and questions! Well worth the money, already had hours of use and will no doubt continue to be used in the future!
on 11 March 2012
I love the board game and I thought giving the Xbox version ago, I know there are many variants, this is the first one I had played. So you pick your own "genre" avatar which soon become very irritating and repetitive. I liked the catagories, which are much more varied than the board game, however, after a few games, the questions are the same, particularly with the movie clips. It's not even the same clip different questions but the same questions!

Overall, it's ok for a few games, but then becomes a little boring and repetitive!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2014
I wish i could give this a lower rating.

I loved the other Scene-It Games, however this one sent to me by "The Game Store" is in French and is completely useless to me.
Game has been sent back last week and i am still awaiting my refund.

Shame, as i really wanted to play this, but because of this it has put me off buying it.
on 13 December 2009
After arranging to play this online with a few mates last night, we were very disappointed to discover that the xbox live features that were present in the previous two scene it games for Xbox are no longer included in this game.
on 4 February 2013
Having played the first and second versions previously we knew what to expect. This was fine, but you do suspect that they put little effort in on version 3 and are just milking the franchise.
on 13 January 2014
I was so excited to play this game and was very annoyed when i came to play it as it was in french. Very miss leading seller. Keep clear!
on 8 January 2014
This was sold ulk but it was the French version avoid this supplier, this is a well known issue and should have been sorted

See one answered question