5.0 out of 5 stars ideal lens for landscape
If your after a wide-angle lens for your nikon, you can't go wrong with this for the price. The one thing which I will say is set your lens to 20mm otherwise you'll lose the picture in each corner at 18mm not by much but you can see it.
Published on 10 Feb 2010 by N. Sellen

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to rate
Published on 27 July 2011 by Tonski

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to rate, 27 July 2011
This review is from: Neewer 52Mm Wide-Angle Lens ~Including Bag~ For Nikon D40 D50 D60 D70 D80 D40X (Electronics)
I've have had this lens for about 6 months now and taken a fair few photos with it. I bought it because i wanted a wide angle lens but didn't want to pay 400 for one. Initially i was extremely pleased with it. I think this was because i was very new to SLR cameras and the images look ok to me. If you have it at the wide side of your lens (18mm for me on my d3100) then the edges are cut off but this can be corrected by going to around 22mm. As i learnt more about photography i realised that all pictures taken with this lens are badly distorted and not very sharp. This is hardly surprising considering the price but now every picture i take with this lens has to be corrected in photoshop. Even after they have been corrected they aren't the sharpest but it has allowed me to get some images of things i wouldn't have been able to get otherwise. I have posted 3 images at the top of horseshoe bend in the grand canyon. This is an amazing place and 1 picture shows how i can't fit in the bend and the sky with the standard 18-55mm lens. The next picture shows everything fitting in with this wide angle lens but with the black edges and awful distortion. This final picture is the same as the second but photoshopped for distortion and cropped at the edges. Its not the greatest picture ever but its not too bad and i certainly wouldn't have been able to get it without this lens. Overall i would say it is worth buying this lens as a stop gap to getting a proper wide angle or if you only use wide angle lens every now and again. Don't expect the images to be outstanding though and be prepared to correct these for distortion in photoshop. Shooting raw rather than jpeg is also a good idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal lens for landscape, 10 Feb 2010
N. Sellen (Kent, U.K) - See all my reviews
This lens accessory will compliment your kit lens, if your into landscapes it's perfect for the price. I've even tried a 52mm cir-polarising filter between the wide-angle and kit lens and it works a treat, as you can get a frim grip on the lens to turn the filter. If you just want the wide-angle lens on with out the marco filter you will need to but a ring converter with male threads on both ends as it won't screw into the kit lens as they are both female threads.
I would recomend this to any budding photographer if they are just starting out.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok it wont break the bank but dont expect it to deliver miracles, 28 Aug 2011
I am new to the DSLR world and this lens didnt really come with decent instructions so there is a possibility I have done something wrong(someone please help me if i am!), but on trying out the wideangle lens after a visit to a castle which provided plenty of amazing shots I have been let down by the quality of the images. Ok I got a cool fisheye effect with distortion at the perimeter and dark corners if you use it at 18mm and got that little bit extra in the shot, but the overall picture clarity &detailed was reduced significantly even at the very centre of the image. I will keep trying with this piece of kit in different light conditions and i still havnt played with the macro lens but if thats all it does its not going to be staying in my camera bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Used it on a Nikon D3100, 8 Mar 2012
Pretty quick delivery and the product is as described.

For the price you can't really go wrong with this lens and it does what it's supposed to.

Used it with a Nikon D3100 with the 18-55mm, the wide angle looks pretty decent at 18-25 anything past that is a bit meh and the macro part works well at 55 not fantastic but works if you are patient and have a tripod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and cost effective, 16 Sep 2010
Colin "(52)" (UK and Azerbaijan) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought this lens for my Panasonic camcorder (NV-GS330). It works really well, and does what I wanted.

The macro lens is quite a novelty also.

For what I wanted, this does the job perfectly, and for a great price.

Just one thing to remember, you may need an adaptor ring to fit your camera - eg i needed a 37mm-52mm step-up ring - found cheap enough also on Amazon KOOD 37mm TO 52mm STEP UP RING

5.0 out of 5 stars 52mm Lens converter for Nikon DSLR, 1 Feb 2011
First time I saw similar product in HK. It was appealing but the price tag, even there, was way out (+50 gbp).
When I found it on Amazon I just bought it outright. And I never looked back.
This neat piece of technology converts normal lens into wide-angle or macro lens. All the auto functions are intact.
And in manual mode you can go ballistic with this. Price is a laugh as it virtualy is going to save anyone anything
between 250-1500 pounds in lenses - no more dedicated lenses just attach the converter and you are flying.

In my DSLR kit all the time so I do not miss great shots when out :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Humpo, 11 Jan 2011
For someone who uses a wide angle lens once in a blue moon then this little product is ideal. It simply screws on to your normal lens and coverts to a wide angle. That is it! For the price it is well worth having in your kit!

1.0 out of 5 stars next to useless, 21 Aug 2011
I really don't understand the great reviews for this. I got one to try out wide-angle photography before plumping for a hideously expensive lens. This thing could put someone off the idea. I'm using a nikon d3100. the point of this, is to get a wide angle, but the distortion is nasty. even with correction it's too blurry at the edges, and when you frame/crop it to remove the vignette, it's just the same as the 18mm, albeit lower quality.
the macro works ok, but you only get a couple of millimeters to work within before the blur begins. I'd only recommend this for cheap experimental shots, which isn't what I want to be doing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth bothering with, 21 Nov 2010
P. Johnson (Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these same lens attachments. I'm very surprised there are so many good reviews!! It hardly gives you any extra field of view. Nothing like 0.45x. Its probably 5-10% extra in the photo. The only significant thing it seems to achieve is adding about 5-6 px of chromatic aberrations and lots of barrel distortion. I could understand the barrel distortion if it was significantly increasing the FOV but it doesn't.

I think you have to try these unbranded cheapy attachments. I though I could trust the writes ups left and hey its only 20 odd which is why I purchase one of these but it seem you can't.

1.0 out of 5 stars Low Price, but pointless, 17 Aug 2010
Don't be tempted - yes it'll give a slightly wider angle to your standard lens but even at this price it really isn't worth bothering with. And if you open it up fully you get shading at the extreme.

ARRAY(0xa8f865d0)