4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price
Published 14 months ago by KamikazeKat452

3.0 out of 5 stars Boom Stand
Well made and good quality but it is too unstable with the boom fully extended and fitted with a quality microphone.
Published 20 months ago by Clive

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Stagg MIS-0822 BK Microphone Boom Stand - Black (Electronics)
This may be a case of you get what you pay for. The stand is exceptional for the price. I only have one small niggle in that it doesn't always stay exactly where I want it. Sometimes it will sink when mounted with a large diaphragm condenser mic no matter how much i adjust it. However, after messing with it's several adjustable fixtures, I can make it work. Perfect budget item but if you're looking for high spec this obviously isn't the product for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really well done!!, 4 Sept. 2013
To be honest I wasn't expecting so high quality, for this price. I'm really happy to own 2 of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars not the last word in engineering precision, but..., 5 April 2014
I bought a pair of these mci stands so that I could have a acoustic recording set-up in my bedroom: an existing chord mic stand supporting my SE Electronics SE2200a mk2, one of these stands supporting a Rode NT-1A and the other supporting an SE Electronics SE-X1. It is by no means a fancy outfit but these two stands do the job admirably.

As a designer, I appreciate the truly well-made things in life but I can be a tight-fisted a*se and it is fair to say that these are not particularly well-made. These are cheap, cheerful and useful in the studio when you just set it up and leave them alone. They even come with a cable clip each! For stage use, you're better off looking elsewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Boom Stand, 29 Nov. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, studio mic stand., 21 Oct. 2014
I like it. I really do. Very much though, this is a studio piece of equipment. Set it up, leave it alone, and it will do its job admirably. Take it on stage with you, and it will fall over like a drunk at last orders. This is because the legs don't fold out flat enough.
It looks very good too - far better than the price tag would suggest. To be honest, I'm glad it wasn't any cheaper. This is just on the correct side of being as cheap as it can whilst still performing its "job" - much further the wrong way down the scale, and it wouldn't.
I'd recommend this stand for anyone working with polite, studio musicians.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery, 12 Jan. 2014
Came way before expected and value for money. This microphone stand does not come with microphone clips that wasn't a problem for me I already had them with a previously purchased microphone kit. Would recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars good soild stand, 11 Feb. 2014
good strong stand im very happy with it, i use it for micing my amp to the pa system and it works a treat

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful. Too lightweight for serious use., 10 Jun. 2015
My old mic stand had reached the end of it's working life i.e. it's broken, so I had to buy a new mic stand.

Well I wasn't expecting much as this is probably one of the cheapest stands on Amazon. As expected the quality is poor, but then you get what you pay for. It's very light weight and poorly made. I really can't see it lasting very long but who knows. One problem is because it is so light it's not very stable especially with a relatively heavy mic attached. You don't get the mic clip/holder by the way in case you have studied the advert closely.

I only have myself to blame on this one. I really should have spent more. Doh!

5.0 out of 5 stars Raygar -great company, great products, great prices and great delivery., 13 May 2015
As I said in the review that's disappeared, very good value and quality is better than many stands costing a lot more. Once more, RayGar come up with the goods. Great company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont hesitate, these are really worth the money and will hold a condenser mic cradle and pop shield with ease. Really Sturdy!!, 21 Jan. 2015
I was skeptical from the low price, but when they arrived I had two chunky sturdy mic stands. Not the sort of thin metal ones we have broken so often in the rehearsal room that are £20 plus from a shop. I got my girlfriend a rode NT1 mic kit for christmas and this stand holds it perfectly. I like the metal bar adjustment in the middle, really tight. If you are in need of mic stands, why pay more. These fit the bill perfectly and are made to last. Nice details like the cable holder and tight adjusters.