5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, no residual taste, 31 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Lifesystems Chlorine Dioxide Water Purification Tablets (Sports)
We used these successfully on a long trek in the Himalayas. These new Chlorine dioxide tablets although expensive have the great advantage of no residual taste in the treated water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 5 Jan. 2013
Chlorine dioxide is simply the best way to chemically purify water quickly. 1 tablet does 1 litre of water unless there are lots of 'bits' in it or its very cold - in which case you will need 2. Using 1 tablet the water is ready in 10 minutes, using 2 tablets that extends to 30 minutes.

30 tablets in a pack so that's 15-30 litres of water per pack. Standard chlorine tablets are cheaper (normally around 70 - 90 tablets for a similar price) but leave an after taste and are not as effective killing certain bugs. These are not the cheapest but do the job well.

Come in a nice hard plastic case for protection as the tablets are in silver foil wrap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked well -better than iodine, 27 Mar. 2013
First time I have used Chlorine Dioxide tablets, having previously used iodine. I used these recently on a two-week trip to Nepal, where local water was unsafe, but necessary to drink at high altitude. The tablets dissolve quickly and are usable in 10 minutes. Little taste (very faint smell of chlorine) and no staining of containers, as iodine does. I'd use these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for any multi-day treks, 9 Aug. 2013
C. N. Dadd (Beaconsfield, UK) - See all my reviews
These tiny tablets are part of my everyday kit when I'm camping or trekking. I'm currently training to climb Aconcagua, the highest mountain outside the Himilayas (see my profile for more info on the expedition) and these tablets mean I'll always have safe water to drink.

They only take minutes to make a litre safe. I fill my platypus or Osprey hydration pack with 3 litres and so use 3 tablets.

My advice is leave a strip in your first aid kit, a strip in your most used rucksack and a strip in your waterproof pocket.

When you're hiking with a 20-30kg pack up hills, particularly in heat, you'll need to drink at least 0.5 litre every hour - I typically drink nearer double this. If you don't want to carry 4-5 litres (ie 4-5kg) of weight from the start, these little tablets will make sure you can top up from streams as you go!

Happy trekking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, extremely fast delivery! 10/10, 23 Feb. 2014
These tablets are much better than other ones i have used, once the water is ready to drink it might still smell a little bit like chlorine but the taste of the water is fine and even my 8 year old nephew was ok to drink it! Highly Reccomend these tablets over the others purely because there is almost no taste of chlorine and other tablets ive used literally tasted like swimming pool water 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Taste great!, 29 Nov. 2014
Just returned from trekking in Nepal and I can't rave about these tablets enough. I used these daily, in my water bladder, and I can honestly say I preferred the taste over the bottles water on sale. Other trekkers were really struggling with their choice of water tablets/drops but I was thrilled with mine. The other reviewers were right!

5.0 out of 5 stars rely on, 30 Dec. 2013
S. neary (Alexandria UK) - See all my reviews
I need purification tabs I can rely on and these fit the bill. Quick delivery a little pricey but somethings are worth paying a little extra for

5.0 out of 5 stars Pallatble, 15 Oct. 2013
Bought as a safety measure just in case when going to Asia. Wanted something that would not taste too terrible. Happy to say that I tried this out on water from my water butt, using a steel 1 ltr bottle and as instructed one tablet. Left for 20 mins although it states 10 on the instructions. I have not had any ill effects and the after taste is acceptable.
The packets of tablets are in sealed foil and all contained in a hard plastic case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying to avoid the chlorine taste., 4 May 2015
Excellent. Barely noticeable chlorine taste. Despite the extra cost I'd buy the same again if I just needed them for a few weeks. Individually wrapped tablets mean that they don't get wet if you do!

5.0 out of 5 stars no after taste and no stomach upsets easy to use and do what they are designed, 14 Aug. 2014
used these to purify water on Mount Kilimanjaro, no after taste and no stomach upsets easy to use and do what they are designed for