5.0 out of 5 stars High power charger; perfect for car sat nav use.
To understand the significance of this device over other chargers you need to understand power output from typical USB ports. The USB standard provides up to 0.5 Amps at 5V. The HTC Desire (and some other phones) can take 1.0 Amps at 5V - this basically means it charges quicker.

Published on 20 April 2011 by fswings

2.0 out of 5 stars On Off
Published on 4 July 2010 by nomad_z

5.0 out of 5 stars High power charger; perfect for car sat nav use., 20 April 2011
This review is from: HTC Micro USB Car Charger for Google Nexus One/HD Mini/HD2/Incredible/Legend/Snap/Wildfire (Accessory)

To prevent the HTC Desire from damaging USB ports by asking for 1A of current when they can only supply 0.5A, the phone "recognises" typical USB ports found in computers, laptops etc. This means that if you connect the HTC Desire using a standard USB cable to any other car charger (even if they can supply 1A) the HTC Desire plays it safe and only asks for 0.5A. This means, there is insufficient power to sustain sat nav use AND charge the phone.

The HTC CC C200 is designed that the HTC Desire (or any other compatible phone) does not mistake it for typical USB port. This charger (and cable) can supply the full power the HTC Desire needs to run as a sat nav AND for the phone to be charged.

In summary, this is a high power charger for the HTC Desire and other compatible phones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to do, 8 April 2011
I bought this because I wanted an extra cable to charge my htc at work, from my pc. It also came with the (for me) added feature of the car charger. The cable is indeed very short as other reviews say, but this doesn't bother me as I never use the phone as a satnav in the car.
So if you need an extra cable to charge your phone and eventually charge it in the car then this is the product for you. If you need a car charger with a cable long enough to fix your phone on the satnav holder on the windscreen of your car then you should look around for a car charger with a longer cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars As great as a charger gets !!, 28 Mar. 2010
S. Crowder (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This car charger is well worth the money to buy a genuine HTC product. It looks and seems solid. I just like the little touch that te letters HTC light up when charging instead of a red/green light, for me its less annoying when driving in the dark. its also great because it comes in 2 parts, the main cigi charger adapter and the usb charging lead. this means i can change the lead to charge my archos unit my wifes ipod or the phone simply be changing the lead, less bulky than 3 different chargers!! probably not their intention but great anyway. and if my phone starts to run out i cn use the chargers usb lead from my laptop to charge it, i always leave me main charger at home so i dont loose it. finally it looks good and its not needlessly big like every other car chargers i've had before. Great !!!

2.0 out of 5 stars On Off, 4 July 2010
This product from outside is well made, no problem with the quality. However, the technical design is where it fails. It fits into the cigarette lighter and it lights up to indicate that the phone is charging, but a slight knock and it goes off. I compared the design that inserts into the lighter with my GPS and Nokia charger and the bottoms are different. The HTC is more rounded and for some reason, this does not sit well in the cigarette lighter. I liked the whole design with the HTC light and the modular ability to detach the cable. Unfortunately, it doesn't work well.

4.0 out of 5 stars HTC HD2 In Car Charger, 23 Jun. 2010
A. Pine (London, England) - See all my reviews
Purchased this charger as I liked the way the cable can be separated from the socket and used as a USB cable.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA, 26 Sept. 2011
D. Nelson (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
Sticks out a long way from the socket so have to be careful not to knock it. But that's a moot point with mine because it was dead on the first try, didn't use within first 30 days so good for the bin, waste of money.

3.0 out of 5 stars This charges my phone in the car, 3 April 2014
I bought this cable to charge my phone in the car and have used it to charge my phone in the car. It mostly works, but doesn't supply enough power to keep the phone charged when you run the SatNav app, even though it is expressly supposed to. I wanted to use the SatNav app to drive all the way to Weymouth (I don't live anywhere near Weymouth) but the phone only lasted long enough to navigate me along the bits I could already do easily but then it ran out when I got to the confusing bit at the end. Pointless!

So this is a nice cable, but it doesn't do what I really wanted it for.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing - but at the price?, 5 Oct. 2011
I was suspicious with this being such a low price, but as I have had incredible value for money through Amazon in the past I took a chance and ordered 2 of this item. As another purchaser had commented the plug is a poor fit in most lighter sockets and the first one lasted as hour before failing to be able to provde a charge even with an adapter to make it fit the socket and the second one managed a three quarter charge of my phone. I have now purchased separate USB lighter plugs to use with the coiled cables and they work fine, so for the money it was worth it to obtain 2 coiled cables.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good HTC Product, 13 April 2010
This is a quality item. It is a few pounds more than generic ones, but feels and looks as good as the HD2.
Worth the extra in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real 'Genuine' HTC charger, 10 Sept. 2012
Mr. L. Wright - See all my reviews
My wife and I both have HTC phones and have found the sat nav gobbles the battery power quicker than the charger can deliver, not so this unit, it keeps up with the drain and charges the battery, excellent! It does appear to be the real thing, labelled, boxed and presented as you'd expect, still working as well! The (several) other ones I have previously purchased had failed prematurely and with hindsight were not HTC units but clones.