5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Value For Money
I bought this for my daughters slimline camera, it is very well padded and will protect her camera well. Bigger than I expected but very well pleased with the quality. Even though it looks bigger on the outside than the inside because of the padding, I still feel I got the right size for the camera.

It has a front pocket to store extra cards and batteries I got...
Published on 22 Oct. 2010 by Shaz17

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for small cameras
Published on 13 Nov. 2010 by Tieflyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Value For Money, 22 Oct. 2010
Shaz17 (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: AmazonBasics Universal Soft Camera Case for Digital Cameras (Camera)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

It has a front pocket to store extra cards and batteries I got 4 batteries in there and 2 extra SD cards, with room for more. This is under the flap and has a zip to it, and it also stretches out a little ways to allow for the batteries etc...

The velcro fastening is very strong and secure

The Belt loop fastening is also very strong velcro and felt comfortable on the belt with the camera & accessories nice & secure.

Well worth the money and good quality as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for small cameras, 13 Nov. 2010
I can't really complain too much as the case came free as an offer with my Panasonic Lumix TZ10 but this case is just not suitable for the camera. It's far too big for any camera the size of the TZ10. I couldn't believe how big it was when I took it out of the box and I've now bought a Lowepro Apex 20AW which I saw reviewed on Amazon. The Lowepro is an excellent fit and has just enough room for a spare battery and SD card as well. I'm glad I didn't buy this case as I would have been really disappointed. As it didn't cost me anything it's not so much of a problem.

If you have a camera which it fits the quality looks okay for the price but it doesn't have a strap only a belt loop fixed with velcro. I wouldn't recommend this case as I paid about five pounds more for my Lowepro Apex 20AW and I think its well worth the the extra money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good case but quite large, 31 Dec. 2010
I received this case free when I bought a Panasonic TZ10, and is described as a case for "slim digital cameras". The TZ10 is quite large for a modern digital compact and the case drowns it. The case is far too long for the camera, and as it only has a velcro strip the camera moves around a lot within the case. The quality of the case is good, with a front storage pocket which is useful for spare batteries/memory cards. In summary, this is a well built case, but expect it to be bulky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Free with Lumix camera, 3 Dec. 2010
Received this free with a Panasonic Lumix TZ7 camera so cannot complain about the price. A substantial case with a belt loop (no shoulder strap) which fits the camera perfectly and has a front pocket which takes a spare battery and SD cards. Very satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value but No-Frills, Multi-Purpose Case, 14 Oct. 2010
Robert Groom (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Amazon makes its entry into the camera case market with a new range of cases. This model is quite large but relatively flat, making it suitable for mid-size, or larger, flatter compact cameras. Don't be fooled by its description - it would be perfectly fine to house a sat-nav, personal video player or other similarly proportioned electronic device. My Cowon A3 video player is a perfect fit.

Internal dimensions measure roughly: 28mm (from to back) x 75mm (side to side) x 120mm (bottom to top)

It's made from the same neoprene rubber inner with faux velvet internal covering and rip-stop nylon outer covering as the LowePro cases, and it's not hard to see who they're trying to emulate.

Padding is generally good, although the flap cover isn't padded, so if the case were to fall on its top, your camera wouldn't be afforded as much protection as it would falling at any other angle.

I have to say, at this price point, they've not done a bad job. The memory / battery pocket on the front is secured with a rather cheap style of zipper which won't last as the genuine YKK zippers used in LowePro cases, but that's not a major issue. The main flap is secured with Velcro, and that generally doesn't fail over time. The stitching on all seams looks to me adequate, but only time and extended use will tell how durable it is. I will say that the stitching is well finished, and there are no obvious loose threads which might signal the start of a problem.

There is no weatherproof cover (unlike the LowePro Apex series) and the velcro closing belt-loop isn't as fancy, but it is perfectly serviceable.

This case comes with no lanyard or shoulder strap provided, or indeed any dedicated loop to attach one to.

Overall, a good, solid case which cuts a few corners to provide a more economical alternative to the LowePro equivalent, but without compromising basic functionality. At this price level, I think it should be on your shortlist for consideration.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 12 Nov. 2010
Geoff Brewer - See all my reviews
Ordered this as a collective with a Lumix TZ8 and 8GB memory card. I'm not going to use the case being completely disappointed with it - it might be slim in one dimension - it's thin where it needs to be fat in that the padding around the camera is not substantial and it's bulky, wide and not good looking. Certainly not a case you could easily slip into a coat pocket.

Being used to the quality and style of Lowepro style pouches I'm not even going to use it and have purchased a well padded close fitting Case Logic pouch to replace it already.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well padded protection but very bulky, 4 Sept. 2010
Beansmummy (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a useful case, to fit a wide variety of digital cameras. It is very well padded so it would protect from most bumps and drops, and has useful zipped storage on the front for memory cards etc.

There is a single undivided main compartment, closed with a velcro-fastened flap. The flap stays closed fairly reliably, but leaves gaps at the top so will not protect your gadgets from dirt/ dust/ water ingress.

The belt-loop will fit a variety of belt widths and (contrary to another reviewer's notes) DOES have a velcro fastening so a belt does not have to be threaded through it.

My only gripe with it is that if you have a tiny little slim camera (I have a Canon Ixus) then you could fit 4 of them in this case. For mine, I can fit the camera, the charger and lead and a spare battery in here with room to spare; so it is far bigger than I actually need and consequently is overly cumbersome when really I just want a slim protective case that adds little bulk. But for travel this would be perfect, and for camcorders etc it could also fit the bill nicely.

Overall a well designed no-frills basic at a great price, but in my opinion, it is not the ideal choice for slim cameras, despite its name.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 12 Nov. 2010
A brilliant little camera case. Bigger than I was expecting & the zip pocket at the front is ideal for storing a spare battery and memory cards. Very pleased.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent VFM, with a little "but...." thrown in., 2 Sept. 2013
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
For the current price of 5GBP you wouldn't expect much. However, you do get a well padded bag with a soft interior that is spacious enough to hold most pocket digital cameras.

There is a separate front zip pocket under the flap which can hold some change, spare battery etc - anything likely to scratch your camera.

A few security concerns - the velcro front flap is not the strongest, enough to keep your camera in place, but keep an eye on it as Velcro does weaken over time. The belt loop is also Velcro closed and I am not a fan of this. I always prefer things like this to be stitched. That being said, mine is still fairly good although coming to the end of its serviceable Velcro life.

An excellently priced padded bag, with good internal protection and OK fastenings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for cameras, 15 Dec. 2013
Amazed that people are marking this down considering the price. I have just ordered a second one as for me they are just soooo useful. As a photographer it is great to have what you need quicly available on your belt. The velcro fastener on the back allows you to quickly pop this on your belt without undoing it or to clip it onto the outside of your back pack.

I need to weatherproof my ski jacket so it is my intention to do the two of these at the same time. That will save me having to open my back pack to gain access to things like a cable release, spare batteries or a bite to eat on a long hike to a shoot.

Perhaps it doesn't work well for the smallest of cameras but it is still a versatile belt pouch.