4.0 out of 5 stars A very smart, expensive-looking case
This is a sturdy, classy, soft-leather case with soft grey suede inside. The exterior shell is rigid and affords good protection to my Canon Ixus camera. The case is very small and it fits my (very small) camera like a glove.

Published on 29 Sep 2010 by JM

1.0 out of 5 stars leatherbasics camera case
The basics leather case was recommended for and supplied with Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ10 but is too small and therefore unsuitable
Published on 1 Dec 2010 by johnc

4.0 out of 5 stars A very smart, expensive-looking case, 29 Sep 2010
JM (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The design is top-notch. There is a magnetic clasp underneath the (tastefully understated) silver(ish) "AmazonBasics" logo on the front of the case. The magnet is not so strong as to be annoyingly hard to pull apart, but it's strong enough to do the job without slipping. The circular magnetic piece in the clasp has a small center button, that fits into a recession in the other part of the clasp; when closing the cover, you hear a satisfying little click when you slide it into place, so you know it's snugly closed.

The only downside I can think of is that it may be attractive to thieves!

Before purchasing, be absolutely sure that this case is not too small for your camera

1.0 out of 5 stars leatherbasics camera case, 1 Dec 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective protection for your camera, 28 Aug 2010
R. F. Stevens "richard23491" (Ickenham UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The case matches the Amazon product description reasonably well. The internal measurements on my sample are actually slightly more than the 56mm x 19.4mm x 89mm listed, and it will exactly accommodate a block 60mm x 20mm x 95mm.

It is a comfortable snug fit for my Kodak M530 Camera which is 57mm x 22mm x 94mm but with rounded corners. The exposed end of the camera allows it to be easily removed from the case, but this also means that it is not protected from inclement weather or dust.

The belt loop is well made and robust with lots of tough Velcro securely stitched on.

The magnetic catch on the cover flap is effective, but locating the centre pip for best grip is not brilliant. It could be better. I would have preferred Velcro.

There is also a tight little pocket inside to store a single spare SD card. However, I don't expect to use it because I always keep spare cards separate to the camera - eggs in multiple baskets philosophy. Also the pocket surface and its stitching, both in contact with the camera, are not the nice soft brushed leather like the rest of the case lining, and I worry about scratching the LCD if I put the camera in the wrong way round.

As a simple generic case it fits my M530 camera reasonably well, but it could be improved. See another example in the similar style Fuji F30 leather case which is better made of softer leather, yet offers much more protection for the F30 camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Camera Case, 8 Oct 2010
MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fantastic case, it's really good quality, has a nice feel to it and it looks smart.

My Panasonic Lumix FS30 Digital Camera - Black (14.1MP, 8x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD fits in rather snug and the case also has a little slot inside which fits one SD card in for storage (wont fit if you have the SD card in a protective case though). I did have to knock one star off however as the case did mark my cameras LCD screen, it was easy to clear off with a smooth cloth with a slight bit of water on it, however I think this is due to it being new and needs to stretch a bit & because my camera is probably slightly a tad big compared to it.

The case has a slot at the top so you can put your cameras wrist strap through which is handy, it features a quality Velcro belt strap and the main flap closes with a rather strong magnet, so it's not likely to accidentally open unless you really catch it on something.

Overall I will still recommend this product although it marked my camera as I should of measured my camera before choosing the case, generally because it's comfortable to carry around and it IS generally good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for Canon S series cameras, 11 Mar 2014
A. Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: AmazonBasics Digital Camera Case Leather (Camera)
When I bought the Canon S110 camera I was presented with an add on item, which was this protective case. I did buy it along with the camera, yet it did not fit !

I do have other smaller cameras like the IXUS which fit perfectly.

For the price you get a premium quality leather case.

High recommended

1.0 out of 5 stars AmazonBasics Digital Camera Case Leather, 23 May 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics Digital Camera Case Leather (Camera)
A very good, well made product and excellent value. Unfortunately it did not fit my camera althought Amazon claimed that it would.
Amazon dealt swiftly with the problem and gave me a full refund. Excellent service

3.0 out of 5 stars Practical and yes, basic, 1 Oct 2010
Fantasy Lore - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unlike some previous reviewers of this product, having used this case for a couple of weeks I haven't found any evidence to object to the description of it as `basic', because it's exactly that.

The faux-leather exterior and the felt-lining interior of the case resemble in both touch and appearance very much any other branded case for any other pocket-sized electronic device (i.e. camera, mobile phone or mp3 player) you might purchase for around 10 on a well-known online auction site.

The case came very well packed in a rigid cardboard box, complete with a somewhat superfluous manual, either of which could be retained or discarded. I would predict this case to have the same shelf-life as any other cheap case on the market, probably about a year or so with daily use, before it starts to show signs of general wear.

In terms of practicality the product serves its purpose- it has a hole at the top for the cord of your camera to loop through, the camera fits snugly (An ES67 Samsung, in my case) and slides out with relative ease. The clasp is also slightly magnetic, so that it clips nicely into place with little effort.

All in all it does what it says on the tin. Nothing special, but then what would you expect for a price-tag of around 10.00. I'd rate it 6/10.

While I might expect you to be able to get another case of equal quality from another source for the same price, or slightly less, you're unlikely to get the same high level of service as I've always found that you do with Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: AmazonBasics Digital Camera Case Leather (Camera)
It fits. Fits a small camera is what it does. So cheap, so easy. Any concerns about the tax position of the seller went out the window when I saw how few pounds this baby costs. After all, I pay the UK government tens of thousands each year in taxes, and the way they spend it is completely outrageous. But if I didn't, they would put me in prison. Wtf.

4.0 out of 5 stars camera case, 22 April 2014
This review is from: AmazonBasics Digital Camera Case Leather (Camera)
it looks ok and is much better looking and compact than the one that came with camera, but have no as yet used it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for my camera, 26 Feb 2014
CDD93 (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics Digital Camera Case Leather (Camera)
Only buy if you have a really small camera, even the small standard sizes don't fit. Cheap so didn't return wasn't worth the hassall.

AmazonBasics Digital Camera Case Leather