4.0 out of 5 stars A Well Padded Camera Case.
I got this for my Cannon PowerShot A590. But noticed it would fit a slightly bigger camera too. Seems well made and padded really well too, which I was glad about when I saw my daughter drop it and the thick padding saved my camera from damage. This kind of material isn't easy to keep dust free like the leather ones, but I feel offer better protection in the long...
Published on 31 Aug. 2010 by shaz17

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic and functional
The internal measurements of this case are 5cm x 8cm x 12cm, so it will accommodate almost all popular compact cameras. The foam padding to all the sides is only just about adequate, and there's one zipped compartment underneath the fold over front flap which is large enough to store a spare battery, memory card etc. There's also a wrist strap and belt loop at the...
Published on 12 Nov. 2010 by Mart

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for protecting expensive camera kit., 18 Oct. 2012
This review is from: AmazonBasics Universal Camera Case FF Black (Camera)
I wanted a larger than average compact camera cases for my Hahnel Inspire live view screen and transmitter. Does the job perfectly in protecting the screen which is all I wanted. Yes it is too big for compacts, but if you are on holiday and want somewhere to put a small wallet or personal items,you have it all in one package. I would fix it to a belt for extra security.

I am going to order one for my new Tamron 18-270 lens that sits on my 650D. No money for protecting £400 of kit!

The product is well made for the price. The zipped pouch at the front could take several memory cards and those of the credit or debit variety if you wanted to travel really light for the day.

The only comment I could make for improvement is to make the flap wide enough to cover the whole case when closed. Rain is able to get down the sides. As I would use these inside a camera bag, this is not an issue for me, but if you were caught out in a Florida downpour...I would keep a plastic bag handy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works really well after a little needlework!, 5 Feb. 2011
This review is from: AmazonBasics Universal Camera Case FF Black (Camera)
I was disappointed when I first received this case, even though it came free with my Lumix Lx5, as it seemed too big. I then purchased the Lowepro Apex 60 AW case which is good for hiking in the rain but bulky and not great at a wedding. I also purchased the BV-Electronics case for smarter occasions but I disliked the imitation leather and found the case a bit tight: removing the camera took a little longer and the case could change the aspect ratio setting on the lens. I am trying to return it. Then I looked again at the Amazon case and (although I can only sew on buttons) I decided to sew the corners to reduce the opening and thus allow the flap to cover it properly. Now the case suits me fine. It offers good protection and looks quite smart. I also got a JJC ALC-5 auto lens cap (demonstrated on YouTube) which is great so I now can remove the camera, point and shoot quickly while still concentrating on my subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect for a Sony NEX 5R with 16-50mm kit lens, 30 July 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics Universal Camera Case FF Black (Camera)
I was looking for the most compact case to just carry my NEX 5 with the powerzoom kit lens and this fits the bill perfectly. There are probably better quality cases out there but for five quid this is a bargain. The camera fits in "sideways" (i.e. with the lens pointing to one side rather than towards the front of the case. In this position it creates a space inside where you could put the flash in its separate box (for example) or something else soft such as a carry strap. You do need to be careful as whatever is there is in contact with both the side of the camera lens and the front of the camera body!

I did try the smaller version of this case but the NEX 5 wouldn't quite fit in it due to the length of the lens. I might keep it anyway as it isn't worth the hassle of returning it and it would probably fit the camera with a smaller lens fitted (such as the 16mm pancake).

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin ....., 31 Aug. 2010
MJ King "MJK" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
......... this is from Amazon's no frills, basic essentials range. Like other products in the range, this is well made, slightly dull but very funtional and useable.

My Canon Power Shot SX120 IS fits in it very well, not too tight but certainly not loose either. Has a small zipped pocket at the front for memory cards or even a couple of batteries.

One thing to note is that although the case does have a loop to attach it to your belt it only has a wrist strap. So you cannot hang this around your neck or over your shoulder.

Personally I don't find a wrist strap on a case to be of any use. My camera has such a strap and I want my case around my shoulders.

However, if this doesn't matter to you then you and your only need a basic case, then this one is good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice chunky case., 23 Nov. 2010
K. Jamison (Co. Down, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I chose this as I needed a camera case for a camera at work.

There are a number of nice features such as the velcro strap at the back which makes it easy to get on and off without having to remove your belt. There's a very nice large zipped pocket at the front to hold spare memory cards and batteries and the pocket itself is ideal for solid compact digital cameras but it will accommodate a slim-line camera as well.

Lovely quality feel to the material and well stitched - it's in use in a school.

The foam padding is a little denser than in lower cost cases and it will take a few knocks whilst protecting your camera.

A solid, large, secure flap that closes and releases with a good tug ensures your camera is unlikely to drop out if you bend over.

Lovely job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, but fit could be better, 16 Oct. 2010
Joanne K. Pilsworth (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is intended, as the name implies, to be a basic case for a Canon Powershot Digital Camera. My camera is a few years old, so I am not sure of the size of the newer Powershot models. This was replacing a much-worn Lowepro case. The fit is OK: a bit big, but not so much as to make you wonder if the camera will be safe. The fastening is Velcro, so it is easy to access the camera, but on the other hand, could risk the camera being pinched when on holiday. The velcro is not attached particularly well, since only half of the tab is sewn on, but it does what it needs to do in holding the case closed.

Overall, I would say that if you want a really secure case, this not the one to go for. If you want a functional and inexpensive case, then this one is fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, cheerful and functional, 16 Dec. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like much of the Amazon basics range, this camera case is well put together and pitched at a certain mid point in the market.

There are no obvious design or production flaws and it is large enough to hold most compact cameras. Perhaps too large for some of the smaller ones.

The materials feel strong and have addressed practical considerations such as the wrist strap and belt loop.

However, I have to say that upgrading to the leather cases in the Amazon Basics range is worthwhile unless you don't mind the slightly cheaper feel of the nylon material.

Don't get me wrong, this is an excellent case which is good value for money, but have a look at their other offerings and you may be tempted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal as an Accessory Case, 5 July 2011
This review is from: AmazonBasics Universal Camera Case FF Black (Camera)
I bought this case not for a compact digital camera but to carry my DSLR camera accessories. It is ideal for carrying accessories such as standard rubber lens hoods, lens caps cleaning cloth etc. It will even fit my Canon 18-55mm kit lens and Canon 24-105mm lens istead.
The case is well made and the belt loop is similar to the "lowepro Sliplock" and "Tamrac MAS System" which allows easy attachment to a waist belt. It even allows you to attach the case for extra storage to a shoulder bag or backpack.
It allows you take an extra small lens with yu if you don't want to cattry a shoulder bag all the time when using a DSLR camera.
Would reccommend this case, good value for money

4.0 out of 5 stars No nonsese camera case, 28 Oct. 2010
metacritic "zshamas" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Another in the range of Amazon value range. The soft material case features a front zip pocket to store any additional memory cards. The belt clip at the back is Velcro fastening enabling you to easily attach to a belt easily without having to go through the embarrassment of actually undoing your belt. The camera can easily and safely accommodate a number of different cameras of similar size so will do very nicely as a generic case. The frustration free packaging is a nice Amazon touch and certainly helps in easily unpacking your item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Sensible Purchase., 16 Dec. 2010
Mr. B. R. Good (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics Universal Camera Case FF Black (Camera)
Here we have a well made, low cost camera case. It will provide a good protective home to virtully all digital camera models (obviously without a large zoom lens) and camcorders.

This is practical without being ovely protective. It's a soft shell, light and comes in Amazon's Frustration Free Packaging.

Amazon have started to provide their own brand budget items and I am yet to find fault with the range. A recent Firewire Cable from Amazon shared the same sentiment. Budget in terms of price, not quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›