4.0 out of 5 stars A Well Padded Camera Case.
Published on 31 Aug. 2010 by Shaz17

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic and functional
Published on 12 Nov. 2010 by Mart

4.0 out of 5 stars A Well Padded Camera Case., 31 Aug. 2010
Shaz17 (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my Cannon PowerShot A590. But noticed it would fit a slightly bigger camera too. Seems well made and padded really well too, which I was glad about when I saw my daughter drop it and the thick padding saved my camera from damage. This kind of material isn't easy to keep dust free like the leather ones, but I feel offer better protection in the long run.

The little zip pocket at the front held my spare cards and 4 spare batteries. I was well pleased with that idea.

There is a gap at the top but this didn't bother me as it might some. The belt loop or the hand cord is a great idea so you can place the camera bag where you feel you want it most. The Velcro fastening are really strong.

I felt the price was reasonable, for a quality item for under a tenner.

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic and functional, 12 Nov. 2010
Mart (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The internal measurements of this case are 5cm x 8cm x 12cm, so it will accommodate almost all popular compact cameras. The foam padding to all the sides is only just about adequate, and there's one zipped compartment underneath the fold over front flap which is large enough to store a spare battery, memory card etc. There's also a wrist strap and belt loop at the back.

The finish is basic, and it's really a bigger case that it needs to be considering the size of most compacts. The minimal outer foam padding prevents it from being entrusted with any larger more expensive cameras.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Case in Point (and Shoot), 25 Aug. 2010
Quiverbow (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First, whilst the box was `frustration-free' in regards opening it, it still arrived inside a superfluous outer box. I realise that some items may need extra packaging but something as light and unbreakable as a soft camera case hardly warrants this.

To the case itself. Although this may be tailored for the Canon Powershot A650IS or A720IS, the internal dimensions suggests it will take any compact camera, though some of the smaller makes might move around slightly once inside. The case is well cushioned on both sides as well as front and back. The large velcroed front flap will keep your camera from jumping out and the small zip compartment can hold a couple of extra memory cards. One thing I do like about this compartment is the nice large rubber `pull', complete with `Amazon basics' logo; much better than some of the tiddly things usually found on items such as this. A carrying strap joins the belt loop on the reverse but the attachment of this strap to the ring did seem a bit flimsy.

There's not much more to be said other than at the time of writing, it does seem a bit pricey. You also get a 12-month European warranty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Fancy, but Will Do The Job, 14 Oct. 2010
Robert Groom (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Amazon makes its entry into the camera case market with a new range of cases. This model is suitable for larger compacts - my Canon G9 is a good fit, and not too tight.

Internal dimensions measure roughly: 45mm (from to back) x 75mm (side to side) x 120mm (bottom to top)

It's made from the same neoprene rubber inner with faux velvet internal covering and rip-stop nylon outer covering as the LowePro cases, and it's not hard to see who they're trying to emulate.

Padding is generally good, although the flap cover isn't padded, so if the case were to fall on its top, your camera wouldn;t be afforded as much protection as it would falling at any other angle.

I have to say, at this price point, they've not done a bad job. The memory / battery pocket on the front is secured with a rather cheap style of zipper which won't last as the genuine YKK zippers used in LowePro cases, but that's not a major issue. The main flap is secured with Velcro, and that generally doesn't fail over time. The stitching on all seams looks to me adequate, but only time and extended use will tell how durable it is. I will say that the stitching is well finished, and there are no obvious loose threads which might signal the start of a problem.

There is no weatherproof cover (unlike the LowePro Apex series) and the velcro closing belt-loop isn't as fancy, but it is perfectly serviceable.

It comes with a small lanyard, but it has no 'tightening' slider, so not really suitable for secure wrist attachment, and it's not long enough to go round the neck. No shoulder strap is provided.

Overall, a good, solid case which cuts a few corners to provide a more economical alternative to the LowePro equivalent, but without compromising basic functionality. At this price level, I think it should be on your shortlist for consideration.

4.0 out of 5 stars Say "cheese"!, 28 Aug. 2010
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So far I've been impressed with Amazon's own 'basic' range, and this is no exception.

Although this is designed for specific canon models, it should really fit any super compact camera. I have a Canon PowerShot G10 which is a large camera and I have struggled to find case which fits. most cases tend to be too small and I'm too tight to pay for the official Canon G10 case. Up until yesterday I was using a case which I had doctored and with clever use of gaffer tape I had managed to expand a cheaper case to house my G10.

This case however gives a snug fit for the G10, the flash hotshoe snags ever so slightly but not enough for it to matter. The flap closes and his held by velcro - it doesn't completely close the gap at the top however and those worried about dust may wince at the small openings but it isn't something which bothers me. The zipped compartment at the front does not jut out like many others, instead it is a neat secured pocket which will house several memory cards and is also large enough to contain my Manfrotto Modopod.

In a nutshell: This product is almost underselling itself by specifically naming Canon models when it will clearly accommodate a massive range of cameras, including the larger compacts which often struggle with the 'one size fits all' cases out there. This will provide protection for your camera and provide a home for your spare memory cards. Your camera is easy to access and can be quickly returned to the case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to use, no fuss, but care, the image is misleading, so are the quoted dimensions!! 4.5*, 7 Oct. 2010
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was a 'choose to choose something' from amazon vine, as my first choice of books wasn't happening this month for me, so I thought I'd get something for my hubby.

This pouch is made of an extremely light black water-resistant type synthetic material, and comes with a wrist strap, and on the back is a generous and strong velcro strap that opens so that you could slip it over a bag handle or over a belt. It has a very sturdy velcro fastening, and a small inner zip pocket where you could easily store e.g. 8-10 AA batteries easily, or an MP3 player, or even a pocket pack of tissues/wipes, etc. The inner lining is generously padded and the finish is a soft material that will ensure that your camera is both held fairly snugly and wrapped in a finish that will not scratch or damage it.

The only reason that it loses a 0.5* is that nowadays with the majority of cameras being digital and seeming to compete for which is the thinnest/smallest/most flat, your average camera will move around a little in the pouch, though as mentioned the cushioning will prevent damage. To pretty accurate dimensions, it is about 2.5 inches deep, about 4 inches wide and about 7 inches tall.

Overall, a very good product, and I am a touch puzzled as to why it's in the AmazonBasics range, as this does not seem like a value/basics range item when I think of some of the value/basics lines that several major supermarkets carry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well padded, 19 Nov. 2010
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My camera in its current bag fits nicely into my pocket. When I put it in this bag I would need the pockets of a clown, but that is the trade off for the increased protection from the padding.

The padding is sufficient to protect the camera from most knocks and maybe a few falls, but I am not going to test that theory!

The closure is a fold over flap which then adds a further layer of protection to the front and if worn on a belt is the place most likely to get knocked. The flap is secured by a strip of velcro, this does the job, but I am not so sure this will stand the test of time as the quality doesn't feel good. The main failing of the flap is that it does leave an open space in the sides at the top. So if worn on a belt it will have to be protected from damp and dusty conditions.

There is a zip pocket built into the front which can hold a spare battery and cards etc and this is further secured under the flap closure.

In all a good padded bag which I can trust my camera too when being transported in my rucksack, but I would then leave it when at my destination and switch to my pocketable case. I only remove stars for the weak closure and that the compartment is not closed off completely.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but definitely not Lowepro!, 15 Sept. 2010
Peter R (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to admit that I got this to use as a storage pouch rather than a camera case. I like to take my DSLR out and about but not with its over-sized bag. Instead, this one sits neatly on my belt with a velcro strap.

It has plenty of space for spare batteries for my flash, enough space for my SB-400 flash unit, a spare camera battery and of course memory cards, and some mints!

The quality of the product is strictly okay. Having used it just once, I noticed that the stitching on the the velcro seemed to be coming lose. Hmmmm....

If you are looking for a camera case then this one is decent but i would probably pay a little extra and get better quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product, Great material and Quality, 30 Oct. 2010
David Calcano (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As I said in a previews review Amazon Basics products worked out really well for me, I used got another cover for my Canon G7 and I started to use it for my external hard-drive too. I liked it so much that bought another one just to keep my camera safe, and left my other one for the external hard drive. They are great for general use not just the models they put on in the description. I use this one for my Canon G7 and it fits perfectly well. It protects my beloved camera and the material on the inside is soft and smooth which avoids your camera screen getting scratched.

Excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's from Amazon and it's basic - and it's quite large, 10 April 2012
D. Storey - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics Universal Camera Case FF Black (Camera)
I got this case from Amazon for free because I ordered a Sony Cybershot DSC-HX9V and they are/were doing a promotion. I've received the case but the camera has gone out of stock for now :(

Anyhow, the case is basic and simple but is of seemingly decent quality. It's made from a nylon webbing-type fabric and has an Amazon Basics rubberized "toggle" on the zip fastener which I think is quite nice. The dimensions of the case are quite big, so much so that I will be using the case to house our Panasonic HDC-SD60 camcorder, which easily fits into the case and has a little room to spare around it as well, rather than the Sony Cybershot camera when or rather IF it ever arrives. The padding seems to be fairly adequate

All in all a nice case for free, if you want something closer to the size of your specific camera and of better quality then the answer will be to spend four times the rrp of this one.

I've given it 5 stars because it does what it's supposed to do and I can see nothing wrong with it, but remember that this is a very basic case.

AmazonBasics Universal Camera Case FF Black