TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 25 September 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This case will fit cameras that are approximately 65mm x 35mm x 100mm. This includes cameras such as the Casio Exilim EX-H10 and the Panasonic TZ7. Because the case is neoprene, it could stretch to fit slightly larger cameras. It's not designed with any particular compact camera in mind, so it's a jack-of-all-trades.

There are three usable spaces inside the case, depending on how snugly your camera fits. The camera goes in the middle space, and there are two smaller pockets front and back that you could keep one or two memory cards or batteries in. With the TZ7 in the pouch, there's not much room left, though.

Outside, there's a webbing belt strap that has a velcro opening, so you don't need to take your belt off to fit the pouch. There's also a detachable wriststrap. It's all black, apart from a tiny "Amazon Basics" tag sewn into one of the seams. The neoprene protects the camera quite well - it would absorb a fair amount of the shock if you ever dropped it. The only very slight design flaw I can see is that the velcro pad on the flap is quite small, so you sometimes need to try once or twice to close the flap so that it sticks.

Because the case is neoprene, this case should protect your camera against light rain showers. The flap has an overhang, and there are no gaps for rais to get through. However, if you're caught out in heavy rain, it's probably better not to rely on that!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 27 August 2013
Excellent soft belt pouch for camera / phone / keys /money etc . The main compartment has an elasticated top edge to keep larger items securely, while there is a smaller rear pocket that will easily accommodate something like a Blackberry Pearl and a little front pocket for smaller items. The cover flips over and attaches via strong velcro to keep everything together. On the back is a broad webbing belt loop, again held securely with a strong velcro pad that is never under particular stress, and a little loop for a wrist strap or other attachment. So light you hardly feel you are wearing it - very pleased with it
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This case fits my Canon Powershot A590 very well: snug without being too tight. It could almost have been designed specifically for that model in fact. Having said that, the Powershot is quite a chunky camera compared to the modern slimline ones and I suspect that smaller cameras would rattle around a bit in this, even though it is slightly elasticated.

I have been using a rigid Canon case which was a lot more expensive. The Canon case has a fixed belt loop so getting it on a belt would be a bit fiddly and involve half-undressing so this Amazon case is much better in that respect, having a Velcro belt loop so it can be more easily attached and unattached. This is irrelevant to me as I wouldn't carry the camera that way but I know some people do.

Unlike the Canon case this Amazon one has its own hand-strap. The one slightly frustrating thing about the rigid case is that when you take the camera out you have to put the case in a pocket or bag: this one can be left hanging from the wrist.

As for storage, this case has lots of it. There is a front pocket large enough to take some spare batteries and memory cards, however it has no zip, button, Velcro or other fastening. I find that if I fill it then I have to be careful not to spill out the contents when removing the camera. There is a narrower, more secure pocket behind the camera, suitable for memory cards, which is much better, though not suitable for spare batteries. There are also a couple of very narrow pockets on each side, but they are only useful for something like a pen.

Personally I prefer the rigid case, even though it is quite bulky, mainly for the extra protection against bumps but also for the zip on the storage pocket, but the Amazon case is very good value for money and great if you don't want to carry spare batteries, don;t have a ridiculously slimline camera and like Neoprene.

That last point is very subjective. I'm sure it is a useful, durable and waterproof material but I just don't like the feel of it.

If I was the sort of person who liked to wear a camera on their belt I would choose this Amazon case for its convenience but as it is I will stick with the old case - but wish it had a handstrap like the Amazon case.
on 12 August 2014
Chose this because neoprene is likely to be water-resistant however I suspect moisture could still get in at the flap fold-over. Stretchy so a snug fit for a range of small cameras. A couple of useful pockets.

A couple of design points I don't like, in fact I'm tempted to return it. The velcro size and/or positioning doesn't allow the flap to be firmly closed with a small small camera and/or a light pocket load. A basic design error IMO which would have cost peanuts to avoid. Also I would have preferred two strap attachment points rather than just one.
on 16 October 2013
Well made neoprene camera case. Much roomier than the description suggests - easily accommodates a 100x80x25mm camera. Bought for a Panasonic Lumix FT25 which readily fits. The stretchy neoprene even makes it possible to use for a much larger Canon Powershot SX240.

There are two additional roomy compartments in front of and behind the main compartment, so there is plenty of room for spare memory cards, batteries etc.

The neoprene is thick enough to give good protection against knocks and even drops.

The thin hand strap and velcro adjustable belt loop make for a variety of carrying options and the verlco closure is both simple and effective. My only small quibble is that I'd like a longer velcro tab so that the top flap can be tightened more if using a smaller camera (a simple bit of DIY with a velcro patch and glue/stitching will fix this).

Overall - simple, effective and excellent value
on 28 January 2013
I bought this for a Vivitar DVR925HD that I recently bought here. The pouch has three sections. The rear section holds my 3 spare batteries. The centre section holds the DVR just snugly enough. I will use the front section for a couple of spare SD cards. There will still be space in both the front and rear pockets to hold a couple more batteries and a few more SD cards. The material is very stretchy so a wide range of compact camers and mini DVRs would fit. There is. Wrist strap fitted, but as I already have one on the DVR I have removed the one from the case for recycling to something else. Just a small criticism and that is that they could have put more velcro on the case so that the flap could be done up tighter for slimmer loads. Not enough of a moan to knock off a star. Brilliant bit of kit for a great price. Very pleased.
on 23 October 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Like at least one of the other reviewers here I was confused by the product description, believing that this is designed for small digital cameras.

The internal dimensions given of 2.2 x 1.24 x 3.70 inches (55.8mm x 3.05mm x 9.40mm) are not correct. My camera (a Fuji AX280) matches those dimensions almost exactly so I expected a perfect fit, however it fills up only about two thirds of this case.

I would put the actual internal dimensions as about 3.5 width x 1.0 depth x 4 - 4.5 inch length. Being stretchy neoprene it could take a device wider or fatter than the width/depth I have given here, and longer if the device does not need to sit right inside the pocket (there is a gap of 0.75 inches between the top of the main pocket and the top of the flap when it is closed, unless a very chunky device is held inside). Closed as pictured, externally it measures 5.5 x 3.75 inches width/length. The velcro closure is in one place, meaning that you can't pull the front flap down lower to get a more snug fit.

The case itself is nice enough for the right size of device. I like the velcro belt hook which seems fairly strong and the bag is nicely padded. I am sure I will find some use for it. My camera actually fits snugly in the front pocket, meaning I can put my phone and wallet in the main pocket making a compact hip bag! There are even narrow spaces at the side due to the way the front pocket is stitched on into which you could fit a pen or two!

So I would summarise that this is a decent case for a chunkier camera or electronic device, but too big for your average slimline compact camera. It is a shame that the description was not more accurate.
on 17 May 2014
Sorry was going to give this item a 4 star but changed my mind , did find that the opening is a little 'tight' to put away camera and to get out ! Av left it as a 5 star rating built like an expensive camera case you could not really tell apart from . Bought as a replacement and works fine , will leave as a '5' for added security (re: above) Thank you.
on 6 August 2013
Useful small case well worth the money. Strong velco belt fastener and detachable carrying handle ir required or could be attached to camera if you prefer. Shame the postage costs more than the case £3.33 v £2.62 excluding vat !!! Could easily have gone into a simple jiffy bag at half the price or less. That's the only thing that lets it down from being a bargain.
on 15 July 2013
I bought this thinking that for the price, if it was no good I would throw it away.
It is an amazing case, a pocket for the camera, one for spare batteries or a hankie or something else, and nice and bouncy so that if you drop it by mistake (though as it has a carrying strap that shouldn't occur) nothing will happen to the camera.