4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says
Even though its not quite designed for the product it works really well,plenty of room for the sat nav and wires etc.
Helps keep the sat nav safe when not in use preventing screen scratches etc and keeps all the wires together with it;which if you are like me is a bonus as i tend to throw the wires in one part of the car and the sat nav in another.
In...
Published on 2 Oct. 2011 by P. Howarth

3.0 out of 5 stars Size does matter
As you read through the reviews of this product, a number of criticisms are levelled at it. All these criticisms seem valid. The case is large: much too large to fit in your pocket. If the glove compartment in your car is large enough (and tidy enough!) you may find that it will fit in there. This is not just a case which you can slip your GPS unit into, and then slip...
Published on 23 Oct. 2010 by JA Foxton

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap if bought on the marketplace, but of limited use, 30 May 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics Travel Case Electonic Devices (e.g. GPS, MP3 Portables, Nintendo DS) (Electronics)
I bought this as I was looking for a uniform way of storing the various small gadgets I own, together with the chargers, cables, docks, etc that go with them. The plan was to buy one of these cases for each device and then store them on a bookshelf, with a tag attached to the zip to identify the contents. Sounds a bit OCD I know, but I was fed up of digging through a plastic crate of cables every time I wanted to charge something and figured this would be tidier (and cheaper) than buying a load of different sized and shaped device-specific cases. I did read the other reviews criticising the size and protective capability of these cases, however I figured this wouldnt be such an issue for me as I wanted to use them purely for storage rather than transit protection (most of the devices I travel with already have decent travel cases anyway). The list price seemed a bit high to me, as it wasnt much different to other 'branded' device cases. However a quick scan through the marketplace sellers shows that there are loads of these for sale by the 'Amazon Warehouse' in like-new condition for only £2.40.

When it arrived it was certainly in as-new condition; I presume these are probably unused customer returns that Amazon can no longer sell at full price. Thinking I'd gotten myself a bargain I quickly set about attempting to test my idea. Sadly, it didnt really work out.
The device I chose to test it with was my digital camera, an average sized point and shoot which comes with a small soft camera case, a plastic caddy for the battery charger, a usb cable, spare SD card and a standard 'figure 8' power cable with a UK plug on the end. Try as I might, I could not figure out any way of storing all of these items in an effective way using the case's seemingly random selection of pockets and compartments. They're just all the wrong size (mainly too small), or in totally the wrong position (mainly pressing against each other when you try and close the case). I gave up with the camera and tried my sat nav as this has less accessories, but had pretty much the same problem. It just seems like whoever designed this case spent no time thinking about the things you actually might want to store in it. I could certainly think of plenty of different items you could store together in the pockets of the case, but no idea as to why you would store any of them together!

I did eventually find a use for it, as a way of keeping a few of my small gadgets in their respective travel cases together when slung in a suitcase - but this is really a convenience rather than a neccessity. If you wanted something for the same reason then you could certainly do a lot worse for £2.40, but I wouldnt recommend it for any other use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much bigger than expected, but sturdy and useful, 31 Aug. 2010
S. P. Long "Simon Long" (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First impressions - this case is an awful lot bigger than it needs to be to hold even a 4.3" screen satnav. Internally, it measures around 9" by 5.5" by 1.5", so forget about stuffing it into a pocket or handbag. It will hold a lot of stuff - it's clearly designed to be a case for keeping a gadget together with its cables, charger and so on. It has comfortably swallowed my iPod, dock, charger, remote, UK, European and US plugs, video cable and headphones, and there's still space left over.

The case is hard and holds its shape, and will provide a decent degree of protection to the contents. Inside are various mesh dividers to hold things in place - one side is covered by a single mesh net, and the other has one smaller open mesh pocket and two zipped mesh wallets and one closed with Velcro. It's not a bad design - none of the pockets seem to have a particular purpose in mind, but they all look useful to prevent everything falling out when you open it. There's also a detachable wrist strap on a ring on the outside.

The main zip goes 3/4 of the way around the case, so it can be opened out flat like a book for ease of access.

Overall, a nice way of transporting a small gadget with all its bits and bobs. Even the usually obtrusive Amazon Basics branding is comparably restrained here - a small metal plate with the logo embossed into it on the front, and logos on the two external zip pulls. Recommended for anyone who travels with their gadgets - I can see it getting a lot of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not too big!!, 27 Aug. 2013
If you only want a case for a single gadget this isn't for you as other reviewers have commented. However it's great for storing a variety of electronics. I have only used it for my sat nav up to now, but there is plenty of room for the cables and holder. When I go on holiday it will be very useful for all those cables and chargers you have to carry for your phone, camera, Kindle etc. Great value for money and seems quite sturdy. I agree that you can't keep it in a pocket, but mine is in my car boot where it is large enough to be secured with an elastic restraint.

4.0 out of 5 stars Large case, good for carrying sat nav, radio front, small cables., 23 Sept. 2010
Gortalath "Gortalath" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I received this item on Amazon Vine.

--Look--
The look of the case comprises black nylon with Amazon basics zips and wrist strap. The interior is bright orange with soft netted sectioms, velcrow and zipped pockets. The case is a tough case not soft and is very large at 24 x 14 x 5.5cms.

The large size would suit carrying around your radio front, sat nav, small cables and memory sticks. Just as a satnav case it is too big, you could carry 4 sat navs with this. I actually couldn't get my satnav cable in so I'd say it's just for carrying the satnav for security reasons. The case is pretty durable, I doubt the stiching would come undone or zips break.

--Pockets--
There are so many pockets in this thing you could loose small items, but if you want to carry lots of small items it's probably ideal. There is a back slip pocket for small paper items, netted section (full length), smaller netter section (full width), a velcrow pocket, 2 zipped sections and 1 velcrow section behind the other one.

--Marketing--
I personally think writing "Amazon" would be fine, but writing "Amazon basics" on it makes you feel a bit of a cheap skate. I imagine the next range may alter this when it comes out.

--Conclusion--
Large strong case for carrying lots of items around besides your Satnav.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for me, 25 Jun. 2012
Ordered this travel case for the sole reason that I have many leads and plugs for a wide selection of gadgets(phone,mp3,kindle etc...)and wanted a way to group everything together.I am very happy with the case as it holds all that I wanted it for.Gone is frustration of hunting through many drawers for the lead/plug that is needed.Case is of a sturdy construction and just the right size(for me anyway!).As for price (around £12) this case is good on a budget.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality gadget case, 31 Aug. 2010
Nick Flynn "NickF" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I think the GPS Travel Case is mis-named, because in reality it is a well made, near rigid and very light gadget case.

I do a lot of traveling and always have phones, ipods, gps, chargers and various leads and camera bits and pieces ... and everything was swallowed up in this protective little case, and I would be happy to have this stuffed into my hand luggage.

As to the case itself, in old money it is 9 x 6 x 2 inches and has a full length mesh compartment on one side (I will use it for leads etc) and a smaller mesh section on the other side ... (this is the perfect size for my gps). There is another 'floating' section that is stitched into the middle/hinge of the case and held in place by a small tab of velcro, this has a couple of small zipped compartments which are suitable for batteries, memory cards etc and there is another mesh compartment with a velcro tab on the back too.

It is difficult to get too excited about a gadget case, but this one is well thought out and seems to be up-to-the-job ... very minor criticism would be that the velcro tabs are a wee bit small. There is also a detachable wrist strap ... I can't think that I would use it, but good that it was thought of

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading name for what is a general purpose case, 26 Aug. 2010
R. Stevens (Woking) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I should have read the product description regarding this case in more detail before I ordered it. I thought it would be about the same size as my GPS, but in reality it is huge! You could fit 3 or 4 GPS units into it with ease. OK, my bad; the photos make this more evident and the dimensions are listed in the features.

Even so I have to admit that I'm pretty disappointed in the case itself. The description talks of a plastic exterior, but to me it feels a lot more like cardboard. Due to the size of the case this makes the sides very bendy and squashable, which removes some of the potential protection for your gadgets.

The other disappointment is that there is no padding inside, just a lining designed to prevent scratching. If you look at the photos on the product page you'll see one with two gadgets next to each other, there is nothing to prevent them banging into each other or getting scratched by other items in the case, which seems to make the anti-scratch coating a little moot.

What this case does have in its favour is a lot of little pockets and nooks for putting small, easy to lose things like memory cards. In fact, should you want to cart around the manual, CD, memory cards, car charger and USB cable with your GPS then this case would be perfect for you. If, like me, you just want to protect your GPS between drives, thi case is definately not for you.

I'm very disappointed by the flimsy sides and lack of padding, which makes the price seem a little steep given some of the competition. This is a case made for orgainising more than protecting and would be best kept in a glove compartment rather than a suitcase. Seeing as you can't even go into a shop and see before buying I find it hard to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I bargained for, 12 Jun. 2012
I took a risk buying this item hoping it would fit my kindle in it, well it was worth it. My kindle easily fits inside even with its cover on, I can also store my IPod and IPhone in all at the same time inc headphones and kindle light. It will be so much easier when I go on holiday as his travel case is very sturdy and will protect what's in side as it is very robust.

A must buy for any gadget freak going on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb case!bigger than it looks!Well made & cheap!, 10 Sept. 2013
Well start with price!cheap which is good on the things we need to keep our expensive toys in good nick,hate having to pay £20+ for iPhone case alone then mini hdd & MacBook yada yada it all adds up!iphone cases are hit & miss on the build quality but cheap!this is made very well-as well as case logic who's cases i usually get! Hold my Asus 7"AT&T Belkin flip blade stand & all the leads-then folds over the neat cover with all manor of handy slots in mesh so u can see whats what,adaptors for sd cards & leads!magic monkey & plugs,stylus iPod yada yada-loads!!then the top side is one big compartment that I fold my leads into as I've loads in pockets so its not flat & being a hard case the zip needs it to be packed flat!u could even get another 7" tab in if less in pockets!basically it's a bit bigger than a nexus but wide enough to squeeze loads in & at its price very well made-orange guts help see whats what thru mesh too...buy u wont be disappointed & great gift for dads!super speedy delivery too!best £3:99 spent!

4.0 out of 5 stars How many cables, battery chargers, memory cards etc do we have to take with us nowadays?, 22 Oct. 2010
Marco Rossini "Marco" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As others say, I thought this was a GPS case, but when it arrived I realised this was not just for a GPS but for anything that can go in, really. If I use this solely for my GPS, I think this is slightly too big for it even if I also put the cigar lighter power cable & the sucker but there still is a plenty of room for other things, such as an iPod, a kindle or a mobile. So, this is what I would do. Every time I go on holiday, I will put my GPS, and all other electric cables, SD Cards, battery chargers and so on. I'm surprised to realise how many cables, battery chargers, memory cards etc we have to take with us nowadays if you want to use your everyday gadgets to go on holiday?

Maybe female uses could use it to put their cosmetic items too. Children could use it to pack all their game consoles and cartridges, or any kind of their 'treasure'. So, it really doesn't matter how you use it, and it's definitely not just for a GPS.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›