4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says
Even though its not quite designed for the product it works really well,plenty of room for the sat nav and wires etc.
Helps keep the sat nav safe when not in use preventing screen scratches etc and keeps all the wires together with it;which if you are like me is a bonus as i tend to throw the wires in one part of the car and the sat nav in another.
In...
Published on 2 Oct 2011 by P. Howarth

3.0 out of 5 stars Size does matter
Published on 23 Oct 2010 by JA Foxton

3.0 out of 5 stars Size does matter, 23 Oct 2010
JA Foxton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics Travel Case Electonic Devices (e.g. GPS, MP3 Portables, Nintendo DS) (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As you read through the reviews of this product, a number of criticisms are levelled at it. All these criticisms seem valid. The case is large: much too large to fit in your pocket. If the glove compartment in your car is large enough (and tidy enough!) you may find that it will fit in there. This is not just a case which you can slip your GPS unit into, and then slip into your jacket pocket.

The case has a number of internal mesh dividers. Two of them are zipped and one has velcro to close it. These smaller pockets can usefully accommodate spare memory cards or a camera battery (for example). The larger pockets can be used for cables, GPS units, mobile phones, chargers (provided the plug isn't too bulky) and so on. With the larger pocket, there is nothing to constrain the various items it may contain from moving around and hitting each other. Anything particularly delicate might benefit from a bit of padding around it.

As others have pointed out, there is no substantial internal padding. And, because the case is quite large (and not especially rigid), there is a certain amount of flexion in it. This does raise a bit of a question mark over how much protection it will offer.

When the case arrived I must admit to a certain amount of disappointment with it. However, it was packed with various bits of electronic gadgetry, thrown into a holdall, and survived a trip to Greece. In fact, I was grateful for any level of protection it offered to its contents as the holdall had clearly been handled quite roughly in transit.

If you are considering this product, keep in mind the criticisms which are mentioned. In particular, get a feel for its dimensions because you may otherwise be surprised by its size.

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says, 2 Oct 2011
P. Howarth (Lancashire,UK) - See all my reviews
In summary it does exactly what the description says,Basic Travel Case Frustration free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Got it for free, 18 Sep 2011
I got this multi purpose hard case free with my tom tom. It is quite nice and useful. It can easily accommodate my tom tom plus still has some extra space left for small items like memory cards or extra cables etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars SatNav Carry Case, 3 Feb 2011
I got this as a freebie when I bought my TomTom. I am absolutely delighted with it. It is perfect for the job, with space for all the cords and paperwork I like to keep with my SatNav. It is easy to open and close and stays securely zipped.

I also love the handle which means I can cart it around on my wrist and still have my hands free.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Handy!, 20 Jan 2011
Steven Weitzel (England) - See all my reviews
This is just the right shape, size, colour and stiffness to use as a storage device for Sat nav. Can be easily popped under seat or put in the boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 18 Sep 2011
G. Brunt (Wakefield, UK) - See all my reviews
Having read the reviews, I decided that it was just the protective case I needed for my Sat Nav (Snooper S7000 Truckmate 7'x4'). It fits nice and snug in the in the internal pouch, including the adapter etc. As an added bonus I also carry my WD portable hard drive and Davey driver hour guard in the case at the same time giving me 3 in 1 protection. Well happy with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon basics Travel case, 10 Jan 2011
G. Birch - See all my reviews
Received this free when I purchased a sat nav. Expecting something cheap and nasty I got a big surprise. This is a very well constructed case that will hold any sat nav plus a lot more. Would recommend this without hesitation.AmazonBasics GPS Travel Case for 3.5- and 4.3-ch GPS Navigators [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]

3.0 out of 5 stars Why is it this big?, 1 Sep 2010
M. Williams "Matt Williams" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like other reviewers, because of the product description I thought this would be a useful case for my sat nav, but it turned out to be significantly bigger, and doesn't fit into the limited available space in my glove box.

So, OK, it's not going to fulfil that purpose, but is it any good as a carry case?

Good things:

It's light, spacious, flexible so can contain a wide range of possible devices, well made, attractive.

Bad things:

Although there is a good range of internal compartments, it's likely that if you put a number of things in this case they will bang together - it doesn't go far enough in compartmentalising the things you stick in it. I just don't get why it is as big as it is - make sure you take a good look at the product photos. I'm not convinced it would be big enough to contain many power adaptors that use a standard 3 pin plug.

There is probably a device out there somewhere that is ideal for transporting in this case. I wonder what it is?

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading name for what is a general purpose case, 26 Aug 2010
R. Stevens (Woking) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I should have read the product description regarding this case in more detail before I ordered it. I thought it would be about the same size as my GPS, but in reality it is huge! You could fit 3 or 4 GPS units into it with ease. OK, my bad; the photos make this more evident and the dimensions are listed in the features.

Even so I have to admit that I'm pretty disappointed in the case itself. The description talks of a plastic exterior, but to me it feels a lot more like cardboard. Due to the size of the case this makes the sides very bendy and squashable, which removes some of the potential protection for your gadgets.

The other disappointment is that there is no padding inside, just a lining designed to prevent scratching. If you look at the photos on the product page you'll see one with two gadgets next to each other, there is nothing to prevent them banging into each other or getting scratched by other items in the case, which seems to make the anti-scratch coating a little moot.

What this case does have in its favour is a lot of little pockets and nooks for putting small, easy to lose things like memory cards. In fact, should you want to cart around the manual, CD, memory cards, car charger and USB cable with your GPS then this case would be perfect for you. If, like me, you just want to protect your GPS between drives, thi case is definately not for you.

I'm very disappointed by the flimsy sides and lack of padding, which makes the price seem a little steep given some of the competition. This is a case made for orgainising more than protecting and would be best kept in a glove compartment rather than a suitcase. Seeing as you can't even go into a shop and see before buying I find it hard to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality!, 16 Jun 2014
really good quality hard wearing case does the job and looks good really pleased with my purchase! would recommend no problem.