4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says
Even though its not quite designed for the product it works really well,plenty of room for the sat nav and wires etc.
Helps keep the sat nav safe when not in use preventing screen scratches etc and keeps all the wires together with it;which if you are like me is a bonus as i tend to throw the wires in one part of the car and the sat nav in another.
In...
Published on 2 Oct. 2011 by P. Howarth

3.0 out of 5 stars Size does matter
Published on 23 Oct. 2010 by JA Foxton

3.0 out of 5 stars Size does matter, 23 Oct. 2010
JA Foxton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics Travel Case Electonic Devices (e.g. GPS, MP3 Portables, Nintendo DS) (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As you read through the reviews of this product, a number of criticisms are levelled at it. All these criticisms seem valid. The case is large: much too large to fit in your pocket. If the glove compartment in your car is large enough (and tidy enough!) you may find that it will fit in there. This is not just a case which you can slip your GPS unit into, and then slip into your jacket pocket.

The case has a number of internal mesh dividers. Two of them are zipped and one has velcro to close it. These smaller pockets can usefully accommodate spare memory cards or a camera battery (for example). The larger pockets can be used for cables, GPS units, mobile phones, chargers (provided the plug isn't too bulky) and so on. With the larger pocket, there is nothing to constrain the various items it may contain from moving around and hitting each other. Anything particularly delicate might benefit from a bit of padding around it.

As others have pointed out, there is no substantial internal padding. And, because the case is quite large (and not especially rigid), there is a certain amount of flexion in it. This does raise a bit of a question mark over how much protection it will offer.

When the case arrived I must admit to a certain amount of disappointment with it. However, it was packed with various bits of electronic gadgetry, thrown into a holdall, and survived a trip to Greece. In fact, I was grateful for any level of protection it offered to its contents as the holdall had clearly been handled quite roughly in transit.

If you are considering this product, keep in mind the criticisms which are mentioned. In particular, get a feel for its dimensions because you may otherwise be surprised by its size.

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says, 2 Oct. 2011
P. Howarth (Lancashire,UK) - See all my reviews
In summary it does exactly what the description says,Basic Travel Case Frustration free.

3.0 out of 5 stars Why is it this big?, 1 Sept. 2010
M. Williams "Matt Williams" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like other reviewers, because of the product description I thought this would be a useful case for my sat nav, but it turned out to be significantly bigger, and doesn't fit into the limited available space in my glove box.

So, OK, it's not going to fulfil that purpose, but is it any good as a carry case?

Good things:

It's light, spacious, flexible so can contain a wide range of possible devices, well made, attractive.

Bad things:

Although there is a good range of internal compartments, it's likely that if you put a number of things in this case they will bang together - it doesn't go far enough in compartmentalising the things you stick in it. I just don't get why it is as big as it is - make sure you take a good look at the product photos. I'm not convinced it would be big enough to contain many power adaptors that use a standard 3 pin plug.

There is probably a device out there somewhere that is ideal for transporting in this case. I wonder what it is?

5.0 out of 5 stars SatNav Carry Case, 3 Feb. 2011
I got this as a freebie when I bought my TomTom. I am absolutely delighted with it. It is perfect for the job, with space for all the cords and paperwork I like to keep with my SatNav. It is easy to open and close and stays securely zipped.

I also love the handle which means I can cart it around on my wrist and still have my hands free.

Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Got it for free, 18 Sept. 2011
I got this multi purpose hard case free with my tom tom. It is quite nice and useful. It can easily accommodate my tom tom plus still has some extra space left for small items like memory cards or extra cables etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Useful On Long Journeys, 18 Aug. 2013
H. Taylor "Kahuna" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I took this wee travel case on my 18 hour journey from Scotland to Las Vegas.

I cannot recommend it highly enough!

It is such a simple little thing, but it organises and holds so many of your gadgets and bits and bobs together in the same place. It gave me peace of mind and stopped me from losing anything (my partner, who didnt have one of these, lost his kindle on the plane as he was too busy fiddling around with all the other things he had to pack back into his carry on!).ylus.

I was able to fit my kindle into this (i have the kindle with the keyboard). I also had my ipod, earphones, two chargers (for my phone and ipod), my mobile phone, a pen, pencil, eraser, stylus and there was still room in there for other little bits n bobs! There is also a handy little outer pocket which can hold a passport and boarding pass perfectly!

I am honestly never going to travel without this again.

This is a god send for anyone who has OCD or loves to be organised!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent travel accessory, 15 Sept. 2013
This is a great case.

I use it to hold all my power cables, USB cables, phone chargers, power adaptors, USB sticks, wires and spare batteries when I travel.

By keeping them all in one place they are easy to find, and by throwing this case into my check-in suitcase rather than my hand baggage, the airport x-ray is so much easier for me.

So good that I purchased two more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 18 Sept. 2011
G. Brunt (Wakefield, UK) - See all my reviews
Having read the reviews, I decided that it was just the protective case I needed for my Sat Nav (Snooper S7000 Truckmate 7'x4'). It fits nice and snug in the in the internal pouch, including the adapter etc. As an added bonus I also carry my WD portable hard drive and Davey driver hour guard in the case at the same time giving me 3 in 1 protection. Well happy with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Handy!, 20 Jan. 2011
Steven Weitzel (England) - See all my reviews
This is just the right shape, size, colour and stiffness to use as a storage device for Sat nav. Can be easily popped under seat or put in the boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon basics Travel case, 10 Jan. 2011
G. Birch - See all my reviews
Received this free when I purchased a sat nav. Expecting something cheap and nasty I got a big surprise. This is a very well constructed case that will hold any sat nav plus a lot more. Would recommend this without hesitation.AmazonBasics GPS Travel Case for 3.5- and 4.3-ch GPS Navigators [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]