Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 January 2010
There is always a concern when buying a new album from an artist who has consistently produced fantastic albums. Is the new album going to be a dissapointment? Not quite achieving previous musical brilliance or just too similar to the last CD to be worthwhile. No worries in this instance. A fantastic collection of songs yet again by the superb Alicia Keys.
on 2 February 2010
First listening I thought it a bit samey, piano heavy (I know, she's a pianist) and anodyne. It is a grower though and has some stand-out emotionally depthy songs.
on 18 December 2009
Fantastic Album, heard the 14 Track Album on Spotify loved it, so im giving it 5 Stars because I love the Album. I have just orderd the Cd and waiting for Amazon delivery for it. I've orderd the Deluxe Version as there is 2 Extra songs on this Version and a Dvd. I wanted to hear the other 2 songs. So this is why I orderd this one.

Alicia keys is a great Vocalist, Song writer and Composer.

If you like Alicia and her stuff then you will like this, its very Different and the lyrics mean something. Really good Album.

Can't wait to get my Hands on the Cd!
on 21 January 2010
Bought as a xmas present, just what they wanted and more with the additional disc
on 21 June 2010
I very much liked this Alicia Keys' album. There are some really good songs (like 'Un-thinkable - I'm ready')and some 'ok' ones but overall it has the Alicia sound (which may be a bit monotonous for those who are not AK fans).
A few songs contained the word 'love' in the title which I found a bit repetitive but hey, if she's talking about love then she might as well put it in the title :P
There are 2 songs which are more high tempo and you feel like dancing to them, and that was a surprise because with albums like The Diary of Alicia Keys (my favourite) that didn't happen. I consider myself a big AK fan and her work is always good to me.
on 13 July 2010
The Element of Freedom

If you only want an opinion on whether to choice this cd or not you have come to the right reviewer. You will never be disappointed in any of the works of Alicia. It could be the first album or the Platinum (since been brought out after TEOF with first 3 albums on) and it will always keep a dedicated place in your music collection. This is fantastic and when you buy it you will wonder why you ever hesitated.
on 14 December 2012
my daughter has let me know alicia keys and now i listen to her everywhere i am and everytime i can
on 8 March 2010
Ordered this as a suprise gift for my wife. Arrived nice and quickly and my Wife rates the album highly.

Not heard much of it myself yet though as it has lived in the CD player in her car since it arrived.

I have seen the Bonus DVD which was great.
on 11 April 2013
Great artist with songs of R & B, for my taste the best album of Alicia Keys performed so far, is one of those albums that are for listening many times and enjoyed getting better.
on 27 March 2010
Bought for the "empire state of mind" track, but there are many good ones and her voice is unique and very enjoyable. The DVD is a bonus and makes for some entertaining viewing.