4.0 out of 5 stars A very nice piece of kit for iPod users on the go
I found this was a great portable amp for my iPod the kind of thing which allows you to use your iPod in the way that ghetto blasters and portable Hi Fis worked for the beach and festival going public of the past, its also very nice for anyone who is setting off for university or spending longer periods of time away from home but not really wanting to haul their complete...
Published on 25 Feb 2010 by Lark

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, sounds nice but maybe harbours a serious flaw
Look at a couple of 1 star reviews of the Logitech Pure-Fi and MM50 portable speakers and you will find complaints of a problem whereby the speakers automatically turn off for no apparent reason when on battery power, after a few minutes of play. I've had the exact same problem with both models. For whatever reason, whatever iPod I use (perhaps it is instrumental...
Published on 10 Mar 2010 by ipod user

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 26 Aug 2011
This review is from: Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S315i - Black (Electronics)
Great set of speakers: very compact and portable, but stable. Fantastic sound, even on battery, and battery seems to have a long life. A bit fiddly to put the new small Nano in, but you get used to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good sounds, 6 July 2011
This review is from: Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S315i - Black (Electronics)
i use this every day with my ipod touch listening to radio in morn and is great in the garden next to bbq or taken to beach v good sound and quite loud for a small unit

2.0 out of 5 stars This is an inferior product to previous logitech models. ..., 12 Sep 2014
This is an inferior product to previous logitech models. I was looking to update my old logitech dock but was left unimpressed by the S315i. I will look at other brands following this purchase

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 27 Nov 2014
This review is from: Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S315i - Black (Electronics)
Good value for money, decent sound, and you can take it with you once charged up, one thing to note is the sound is not as loud on battery mode...

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't use the iPod app? Forget it, 3 Jan 2011
James Ward "underscore" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for the express use of using my iPhone and being able to take it out with me and play music through spotify and use the airfoil application on my mac to extend my speaker system outside (the app is brilliant - turns your iPhone/iPod touch into a remote iTunes speaker).

Sadly it fails on both these accounts. The automatic power-saving functionality results in the speaker turning off after 15 minutes using ANYTHING other than the built in iPod app. This is meant to save battery power and would be fine (I'm guessing - I don't use the iPod app) but makes this speaker useless to me.

I contacted Logitech about this and their solution is 'plug it in to a wall outlet'. If you buy a speaker with a built in battery it's a fair assumption that from time to time you use it on the battery, I do and with it turning off every 15 minutes it makes it fairly unusable. If I wanted one that I just plug in a leave by me bed I would've bought one at 1/3 the price - as it stands I feel a little like I've been ripped off.

Summary:
If you use it permanently plugged in, it's great - if expensive (I have a mains-powered Sony one that cost less than this and sound far better)
If you use an iPod - it's great
If you use an iPhone and the iPod app then it's probably great too
If you use an iPhone and anything other than the iPod app, then look elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for convenience and portability, 28 Aug 2014
Bought for niece. Good for convenience and portability. Sound is OK but not great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 April 2013
good value for money

1.0 out of 5 stars Heap of cr@p!, 21 Nov 2012
A lot of people seem to like this but I got one and am really sorry I bought it. Sound is fine but shortly after getting it, the "rechargeable" battery stopped charging and the unit only worked when connected to the mains. After another while, it intermittently wouldn't turn on even when plugged in. Doesn't work at all now so I have to go buy another speaker. It won't be a Logitech.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sounds Like a Cat dancing & singing on a biscuit tin!, 28 Dec 2010
I bought one of these after a lot research. I was hopeful that it would meet my requirements for good sound quality, portable and charges my I-pod.

Well it does all but sound like anything worth listening to. My Radio Alarm clock at circa 3w and 20 years old has better sound quality.

Very very disappointing from Logitech. My Lap Top speakers are awesome this is simply orrible!

5.0 out of 5 stars ted, 27 April 2010
P. E. Linsell - See all my reviews
this product is excellent and i am really happy with it - very easy to put ipod in.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›