5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Light
Published on 21 Feb 2012 by Joann Timuoy

1.0 out of 5 stars Very susceptible to rain
Please dont buy if you cycle in the rain.

It cant cope with the wet. I got mine about 5 weeks ago, I commute to work by bike every day. This morning there were some sleet for about 15 mins and the light stopped working.

Published 22 months ago by patrick 1916

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Light, 21 Feb 2012
I tried these after getting tired of the brackets for other lights, keeping breaking, so just a bit of rubber and a hook seemed a great idea, which it is. They are very bright, even with just one LED and the constant flashing mode is very useful and I think the best for cycling. The only downside is that they seem to use the batteries quite fast. I use the paper found inside, to break the circuit when I'm not using them to try and conserve battery life, oh and the cat likes chewing them as well! But great little lights, love them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very susceptible to rain, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Knog Frog Strobe 1 LED Rear Light (Sports)
Please dont buy if you cycle in the rain.

My trusty "Cat eye" lights are still working despite being exposed to the vagaries of the weather for months but this one does not cut the mustard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brightest rear lights ever!, 10 Jan 2012
Anna Nolan "Blue eyes" (Stansted, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This light is fabulous! I use it on my bike in flashing mode and people have remarked upon how incredibly bright they are. I am extra careful when putting it on and taking it off as I have read reviews about how easily the silicone snaps! The fit is tight (as it should be) and so be gentle to avoid snapping. It is so easy to put on and off and easily transferable from one bike / helmet to another. It is so small, this light, but boy, does it produce a lot of power!!!! Great value for money!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery muncher!!, 5 Feb 2012
J P. McHugh (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
I got this to act as an emergency light in case my main one failed. I have used it as my main light too and it works well. It's pretty bright for it's size (certainly brighter than some of the pathetic lights some cyclists call 'lights'). I feel safe enough using it. It's a very small light so fits very easily into your pocket.
I have had a problem with a previous Knog light (switching on at the slightest touch) but this one doesn't suffer from that problem. I chose a yellow one to make it easier to see (I lost my other black one somewhere). It uses a button battery. I don't know about battery life as I haven't used it long enough to find out. The Frog has various flashing modes and a steady option.
Altogether, it's a nice little light that will fit on seat posts, bicycle racks etc.

UPDATE:
GOES THROUGH BATTERIES LIKE BILLY-O!! Even when not in use it seems. Can't recommend now I'm afraid. Won't be buying a Knog anymore. Too unreliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
Nice and bright

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 5 May 2014
These are rubbish. They are completely unreliable, which in an emergency, just in case light is not very good. I have had 4 of these and without fail they just stop working when left on a bike frame for any length of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars led light, 19 April 2014
these are brilliant on the scooter and the battery last forever. they are very resilient and have been dropped by my kids a lot and still seem to work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket!, 8 April 2014
M (WARRINGTON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I use this with my head torch while running, it provides a fantastic red beam that can be seen for a big distance. Used most days and battery still going strong. Really good, simple design that does just what I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Lights, 1 Mar 2014
I bought these to place on the grandchildren's scooters. At the school they attend, the children are encouraged to scoot to school as exercise. The lights have a flexible fixing and are so easy to remove and pop into a pocket or handbag. It enabled my daughter to keep an eye on her children in the early run and the late afternoon pick-up. Nobody else had them. She pointed the red rear light to the back of the scooter and the front light forward, so she even knew which way the children facing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy cute light, 24 Oct 2013
I'm an all-weather cyclist so accessories have to be light, strong and reliable.

The light from the LEDs is good but the clasp is not as well designed as other Knog lights.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›