on 19 August 2014
I'm a big fan of Mary's books. She tackles those subjects that you never really realised- or wanted to admit- that you were curious about, and explores them in a funny yet informative way.
on 13 August 2013
A lot of research has been undertaken but the narrative jumps from one situation to another interupting the flow of the story, nevertheless worth reading.
on 31 May 2009
The previous reviewers give a good overview of the book, so I won't repeat that here. But two aspects I liked were that female sexual functioning is given as much prominence as the male and throughout we are guided by a wry female perspective. This subject matter covered by a male author would be much more likely to fall into cliché.
on 30 November 2013
Quite an amusing read (though not as funny as her Gulp). Very female-oriented, as might be expected from the author's gender.
on 17 January 2014
Book arrived safely and quickly. Enjoyed the book, and would look out for this author again. Thank you very much.
on 3 October 2013
I thought, I laughed, then I thought some more. Here's 11 more words else amazon won't save my review, ok?
on 14 December 2014
Nice to have a woman do the writing of such a book for a change! Interesting read
on 2 September 2014
laugh-out-loud review of serious scientific stuff. All men should read it.
on 18 April 2015
Brilliant book! Mary Roach is passionate about everything she writes.
on 30 November 2015
Only enough material to make about a third of the book interesting.