on 24 January 2014
The SLT-A58 does not support the use of a wireless remote control so not sure why the seller sells it a comparable ??? . Unfortunately I only found this out after receiving the cheap and nasty remote. Another selling wasting our time and money , be aware it costs more to ship back than you paid, so you end up just throwing it.
on 10 February 2013
This product arrived without an instructions but having had a remote which I used with my Canon Camera I thought I would give it a go anyway. I took out the slip of plastic to engage the battery and changed the Drive Mode on my Sony Nex 7 to Remote Cdr. I put the camera on a tripod and sat in front to test it out. Firstly sometimes the switch failed it make contact with the camera and nothing happened but more importantly it didn't activate the autofocus mechanism in the camera and took out of focus photos. I then replaced my face with a broom head, focussed manually and took the photo. I don't want to use it for macro type photography but for spontaneous group portraits so it no use for me. I tried to get it to work in 'intelligent auto' Manual and Programme Auto modes. I might be doing something wrong but the absence of an instruction book (or instructions on the manufacturer's website or a U Tube tutorial) makes me conclude this is not the remote for me. My final frustration was that I couldn't get the battery shelf out of the remote to see if this was the problem and I have damaged the plastic casing attempting to do this so I feel I can't return it to the seller. I won't buy cheap and cheerful again - in the end this has been a complete waste of time and money. Another point about the product that I have noticed is that recently more people have given it a low star rating - have they slightly changed the specifications I wonder.
on 20 December 2010
Works well straight from the box with my Sony Alpha 230. Remote must be in the line of sight of the camera sensor, so you can't use it from behind the camera (although maybe if you had a reflective surface strategically positoned you could). It works up to about 70 degrees from the sensor though. Also, in addition to almost instant (0.5 second delay) firing, a great feature is that the remote has a 2 second button, so that camera fires 2 seconds after pressing. For the price (£8 incl p&p from this seller) I would recommend, esp as the Sony version is a uch larger and more complex and functionally redundant item (it has buttons for remote slideshows for example). This one is a Chinese import and compatible, and is smll enough to carry around in my camera bag. Cheap, chearful but functional and value for money in my oninion.
on 5 March 2010
Received the unit set the camera to remote function, removed the 'battery tag'... camera on tripod and tested ...worked first time ... what more can one want....WORKED FIRST TIME! Great little piece of kit!
on 29 January 2011
Arrived next day.. worked first time and even had the battery fitted...HELLO..! its only [...]..Superb.! Perfect for my needs as I use a tripod and have big hands that knock things over so really needed a remote. It just shows that it is worthwhile shopping around and not just buying all the brand stuff (sony). As other people have said at only [...] its worth trying out..
on 25 March 2010
I was a bit dubious about this before I got it, the Sony part is very expensive compared to this one, I set the camera to "Remote commander" and it worked great, I am really pleased with it, the furthest I have been from the camera is about 3 meters and it worked perfectly.
on 10 July 2010
Having just purchased a Nex 5 I wondered if this would work for my new camera as it isn't in the listed models.

Jolly pleased to report that it does the job. You do have to be fairly near (<3m) the camera, but in most instances this isn't a problem for me. I'm not sure if that is the remote or the Nex, as I haven't compared it to the Sony one. It is an utter bargain compared to what Sony are charging for their one, so I'm a happy bunny.

Note if you have an Nex 3 that this won't work - as the Nex 3 doesn't have remote capability (Sony kept this very quiet, but it's true.)
on 28 February 2010
I bought this for my Sony Alpha 330 DSLR. It is amazing value for money and works very well with the camera. It arrived promptly, well packaged.
on 13 April 2010
Quick delivery after good comms with this company. Just put my a230 on the tripod and tried a few shots. Works perfectly.
Received this through the post and was very dissapointed. I'm not sure if it was so cheap because this was a job lot of dodgy handsets but when I received mine the first thing I noticed is it didn't work. I checked the battery (CR2025) and it was badly marked and looked like it had been well used already. I got a new battery and put that in but it still didn't work. I noticed it seemed to wobble around in the holder. Then I squeezed the control and found it started to work with my NEX-5. However in order to ensure it continued working I had to put a bit of cardboard into the holder on top of the battery. It fixed the problem but it's a shoddy handset. I have to say I am deeply suspicious of this as Sony wouldn't let anything so tacky leave their factory and their QA process is normally great. The whole thing makes me think this is a copy or it's second hand. Either way for a couple of quid I'll make do but I'm not impressed and would advise anyone considering buying this handset to maybe look elsewhere or go to a shop to make sure you get a genuine and working part.