5.0 out of 5 stars quality
A good quality food which my older dog has had for 8 years and is thriving on even now at 10 years old. keeps his energy levels up and has noe side effects. No smelly trumps!!
Published on 15 Nov 2011 by 2 dog pete

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality control not Great.
Published 2 months ago by norobbery

5.0 out of 5 stars quality, 15 Nov 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent easily digested food for our spaniel, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
Our spaniel has been on James Wellbeloved since being a puppy. He is now a healthy dog aged 3. We sometimes supplement his dry food with JW wet packet food, just for a change.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality control not Great., 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
I have been feeding my two dogs James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble since they were puppies,I usually buy from PetsatHome.However due to high price from petsat home I have had to source it from Amazon .It is deliverd on monthly basis.I was happy with this arrangement until I discovered a dead mouse in the food.Normally the bag is packaged inside a grey plastic bag and I would find tears and cuts and put it down to delivery guy's man handling it.But on further investigation discovered a hole near the top.My family was horrified and at night had to go and source the food as kids would not feed them the same food.
Next day spoke to Amazon who refunded the cost of bag but offerred only 5 pound as way of inconivenience but finally managed to get 10 pounds for the two small bags I bought in an emergency from Petsathome .I will stop the order due to this incidence as we are expecting to see a mouse whenever we scoop out a cup full.I have photos if any body interested!!!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Used for a year and now it causes my Goldie to have sickness and diarrhoea, 9 Feb 2014
Peter (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
Recently, Sam has had sickness and acute diarrhoea every other week, so after having seen the Vet and changed temporarily over to a prescription diet, it seems like the problem is JWB. While he's had this food for about a year with not many problems, at a guess, I would suggest that the ingredients or the recipe has been changed as according to the local pet shop, other JWB user's have also experienced similar issues.

So, it seems like the quality may have gone down since being absorbed into the Parent company of Pedigree foods.

Now switching over to Simpsons dog food.

4.0 out of 5 stars James Wellbeloved Adult lamb and rice., 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
Have a Whippet who had an allergy to something in his previous diet of tinned meat. Changed to Wellbeloved on the advice of the vet and immediately saw an improvement. The elderly Jack Russell terriers like it too. Plenty of energy and good coats too.

The only gripe I have concerns the carrier, Yodel. Arrived on the doorstep swathed in Yodel tape, covering the inevitable tear in the bag. Weighed the contents which appeared intact, but more care needed in the way it is packed. At least some form of "Fragile" tape might help on the plastic bag it is shipped in. Or try a large box. After all Amazon, this costs 40 a pop.

4.0 out of 5 stars Used it to prevent itching caused by food allergy, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
I was using James Wellbeloved Turkey and rice for my dog as she has a food allergy, I bought the Lamb and rice,but she started to itch again, so I am thinking it maybe the Lamb and rice. I put her back on Turkey and rice and she is ok again.

5.0 out of 5 stars millie's gluten free food, 20 Nov 2012
our cocker spaniel has recently become sensitive to her food and has developed 'smelly feet' which our vet said was due to an allergy, but so far James Wellbeloved food and treats have helped her enormously. many thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars A pedigree brand..., 15 April 2013
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
My labrador is now two years old and has been firmly settled on James Wellbeloved Lamb and Rice Adult for over a year and still queues up for it twice a day as his only food.

As a pup the breeder started him on Oscar, but following a visit to Pets at Home and their in store nutrionist we changed him to Wainwrights (Pets at Home own, or in house, brand); he enjoyed it, looked great but my goodness the smells that came out of him - let's just say it was almost enough to strip paint... a change in food was definitely called for...

After the vet recommended - amongst some other premium brands - James Wellbeloved, we bought a series of small bags of different flavour Junior variety small bags. Following a varied Labrador taste testing where we tried a different flavour every few days it was clear that James Wellbeloved Lamb and Rice was the young man's own choice and we have stayed with it since, including transfering to the Adult variety. He constantly receives complements on his condition, health, coat, teeth and sheer bounce, and the smells are, thank goodness, (mostly!) a thing of the past :-) What is not to like? Although a large breed dog, we did try him on the special 'large breed' version which is just larger lumps of the same food, but found he ate his meals more sensibly with the 'standard' variety.

Thoroughly recommended, but of course do remember to offer lots of water if giving only a dry food to your canine family member.

One note on Amazon's service and price for this - the normal price is on a par with the High Street when discounts are offered, and cheaper than the full list price, but the 'subscribe and save' service offers a better price even than my previous internet retailer was offering, even when buying two big bags at a time, so to have the normal high Amazon standards for payment and very prompt delivery is a bonus. Well done Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Doggy, 13 Jun 2012
I tried my Cocker Spaniel on several dry foods from the pet shop when he was a puppy, he didn't seem to like any of them.
My vet advised me to try James Wellbeloved. He loved it from day 1 and is a happy contented 4 year old. Best dry dog food ever.

4.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Food, Happy Dogs, 3 May 2012
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
After switching dog food nearly every month to keep my gorgeous girl happy and eating we have finally found a food that she loves!

Our one dog eats anything, including remnants from the bin - His favourite delicacy! Our girl however, would often graze, not really bothering herself if she ate or not! James Wellbeloved was recommended to us as a great quality food, full of goodness and great for dogs. Our girl has completely changed now - not leaving her bowl till it's all gone, quite often trying to eat our other dogs food too now!

It's great for healthy dogs, Their coats are gleaming and shiny and they can't wait for dinner time!

Really can't recommend this enough, Great nutritional content compared to some big named brands too!

ARRAY(0xb60ba534)