5.0 out of 5 stars Firm stools = happy owner!
This brand of dog food represents real quality.

Published 9 months ago by JAMK

2.0 out of 5 stars Used for a year and now it causes my Goldie to have sickness and diarrhoea
Recently, Sam has had sickness and acute diarrhoea every other week, so after having seen the Vet and changed temporarily over to a prescription diet, it seems like the problem is JWB. While he's had this food for about a year with not many problems, at a guess, I would suggest that the ingredients or the recipe has been changed as according to the local pet shop, other...
Published 15 months ago by Peter

5.0 out of 5 stars Firm stools = happy owner!, 25 Aug. 2014
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
This brand of dog food represents real quality.

I must admit to being sceptical when a friend recommended James Wellbeloved as an option for my rescue dog who was suffering from an upset stomach. Only dog owners will understand the horror of trying to be a good citizen and "scoop the poop" when your dog is unwell. I noticed the difference with the first meal. And within a few days the change was phenomenal. Lovely (can you say that about dog poop?), firm stools, reduced smell and a happier dog.

It is true what they say - you are what you eat. And why should we treat our best friends to anything less than a balanced, healthy diet? This product provides true nutrition for your dog instead of just filling him up with bulky but empty calories.

I can't recommend highly enough; it is the only brand I buy

5.0 out of 5 stars A pedigree brand..., 15 April 2013
diywannabe (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
My labrador is now two years old and has been firmly settled on James Wellbeloved Lamb and Rice Adult for over a year and still queues up for it twice a day as his only food.

As a pup the breeder started him on Oscar, but following a visit to Pets at Home and their in store nutrionist we changed him to Wainwrights (Pets at Home own, or in house, brand); he enjoyed it, looked great but my goodness the smells that came out of him - let's just say it was almost enough to strip paint... a change in food was definitely called for...

After the vet recommended - amongst some other premium brands - James Wellbeloved, we bought a series of small bags of different flavour Junior variety small bags. Following a varied Labrador taste testing where we tried a different flavour every few days it was clear that James Wellbeloved Lamb and Rice was the young man's own choice and we have stayed with it since, including transfering to the Adult variety. He constantly receives complements on his condition, health, coat, teeth and sheer bounce, and the smells are, thank goodness, (mostly!) a thing of the past :-) What is not to like? Although a large breed dog, we did try him on the special 'large breed' version which is just larger lumps of the same food, but found he ate his meals more sensibly with the 'standard' variety.

Thoroughly recommended, but of course do remember to offer lots of water if giving only a dry food to your canine family member.

One note on Amazon's service and price for this - the normal price is on a par with the High Street when discounts are offered, and cheaper than the full list price, but the 'subscribe and save' service offers a better price even than my previous internet retailer was offering, even when buying two big bags at a time, so to have the normal high Amazon standards for payment and very prompt delivery is a bonus. Well done Amazon.

REVIEW UPDATE - MAY 2014

Unfortunately we have had an email out of the blue saying the 'subscribe and save' offer on this is no longer available and was automatically cancelled. There was no explanation as to why, and as Amazon are still stocking this it seems rather odd. In price terms, with no subscribe and save discount, this can mean that if you are buying one bag the Amazon price is still competitive, but if you can buy (and store) two bags at a time then it can be cheaper to look elsewhere online...

4.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Food, Happy Dogs, 3 May 2012
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
After switching dog food nearly every month to keep my gorgeous girl happy and eating we have finally found a food that she loves!

Our one dog eats anything, including remnants from the bin - His favourite delicacy! Our girl however, would often graze, not really bothering herself if she ate or not! James Wellbeloved was recommended to us as a great quality food, full of goodness and great for dogs. Our girl has completely changed now - not leaving her bowl till it's all gone, quite often trying to eat our other dogs food too now!

It's great for healthy dogs, Their coats are gleaming and shiny and they can't wait for dinner time!

Really can't recommend this enough, Great nutritional content compared to some big named brands too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nutritious & Easily Digested, 31 Dec. 2014
Sentinel (Essex) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
When we first got our lurcher from a rescue centre, she was unable to tolerate most conventional dog food, and it became dispiriting/worrying as it returned from one end or the other. This dogfood was recommended to us, as a non-allergenic, gentle to digest dry protein biscuit, and we've never looked back. It's packed with good stuff; more importantly she loves it, and can digest it without any problems. Her coat has always been in excellent condition on this diet, and a sack lasts for a good while. Strongly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best a Dog can get., 9 Jan. 2012
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
Weimeraner with a very fussy tum has had this for most of his life and never had any problems, good for dogs coat, so must be good for health to compared to other foods used (bakers & wag)

5.0 out of 5 stars quality, 15 Nov. 2011
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
A good quality food which my older dog has had for 8 years and is thriving on even now at 10 years old. keeps his energy levels up and has noe side effects. No smelly trumps!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What can you say but perfect food for a healthy dog, 4 Mar. 2013
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
I had given my staffys pedigree chum for a few years and then somebody recommended James Wellbeloved food to me
The person said that their dog's health and appearence improved quite alot so i thought why not and THANK GOD i did.
After giving them this food for about 1 week the shine on their coat had come back and they wanted to eat there food without any delays everyday.
Another thing i noticed is the poo was much better in consistancy and also they seemed much happier when doing it which i know sounds strange to some but dog owners know what i mean.
The price is very good if you sign up to subscribe and save which makes it the cheapest around the whole web and including the shops.
My babies have got that spring in their step back which is down to James Wellbeloved quality food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, 20 July 2012
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
We have three elderly dogs ranging from 8 to 15 years. All three are fussy eaters and we have used a variety of products over the years with mixed success. Earlier this year one of our dogs suffered a stroke, which caused us to look again at his diet and how we could avoid, as much as anyone can avoid, a reaccurance. We changed his food to james well beloved. All three of our dogs seem to enjoy the change if the empty bowls are to be believed and our eldest has now made a full recovery and looks very bouncy. Whether it can all be put down to the change on food, who knows, but it has certainly helped. We have also noticed a real chnage in our dogs coat which is less greasy and softer since the change in diet. We have no doubts about recommending this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite dog food, 16 Sept. 2011
Whippet Girl (Pymouth, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
Great dog food that all my dogs have loved and benefitted from. One of my dogs when she came to me from the rescue kennels had terrible chewed skin from a skin allergy. She had practically eaten herself raw. Working with my vet,we managed to get the alergy under control and a lot of that was down to removing any irritants from her food and so I put her on James Wellbeloved Lamb and Rice. Great quality ingredients and no things like wheat, etc. that might cause allergic reactions. It is also relatively cheap to feed as you don;t need to give much as it is quality food. I now use it for all my dogs and they all love it and thrive on it. Would recommend to anyone.
Shame that someone chose to giv 1 star due to delivery problems. Not the fault of the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic but expensive, 12 April 2012
H. White (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
We have sensitive tummies in our house and both my leonberger and GSD love this and it sorted them both out. It is imperitive when you have a leonberger that their poo is solid, trust me! We are currently trying other makes but nothing is working at the moment. We're only looking at alternatives because of cost. This seller is particularly expensive at £51, I can buy from my local shop at £40. It is expensive and if we can't find anything else that suits I will go back to it as I can't deal any longer with my giant leonbergers flatulance and runny poo. I did thank JWB when we were in a dog friendly shop and our leonberger needed to poo, I was horrified but at least it was solid! So thanks jwb!

James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg