5.0 out of 5 stars Firm stools = happy owner!
This brand of dog food represents real quality.

Published 11 months ago by JAMK

1.0 out of 5 stars dog hates the lamb. but loves the chicken.
I am only giving this one star only because my dog refuses to eat it. so I can only go buy that.
she loves the chicken and rice which is also smaller in size for eating. for some reason she wont touch the lamb,
Published 11 months ago by steph

5.0 out of 5 stars Firm stools = happy owner!, 25 Aug. 2014
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
This brand of dog food represents real quality.

I must admit to being sceptical when a friend recommended James Wellbeloved as an option for my rescue dog who was suffering from an upset stomach. Only dog owners will understand the horror of trying to be a good citizen and "scoop the poop" when your dog is unwell. I noticed the difference with the first meal. And within a few days the change was phenomenal. Lovely (can you say that about dog poop?), firm stools, reduced smell and a happier dog.

It is true what they say - you are what you eat. And why should we treat our best friends to anything less than a balanced, healthy diet? This product provides true nutrition for your dog instead of just filling him up with bulky but empty calories.

I can't recommend highly enough; it is the only brand I buy

5.0 out of 5 stars A pedigree brand..., 15 April 2013
diywannabe (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
My labrador is now two years old and has been firmly settled on James Wellbeloved Lamb and Rice Adult for over a year and still queues up for it twice a day as his only food.

As a pup the breeder started him on Oscar, but following a visit to Pets at Home and their in store nutrionist we changed him to Wainwrights (Pets at Home own, or in house, brand); he enjoyed it, looked great but my goodness the smells that came out of him - let's just say it was almost enough to strip paint... a change in food was definitely called for...

After the vet recommended - amongst some other premium brands - James Wellbeloved, we bought a series of small bags of different flavour Junior variety small bags. Following a varied Labrador taste testing where we tried a different flavour every few days it was clear that James Wellbeloved Lamb and Rice was the young man's own choice and we have stayed with it since, including transfering to the Adult variety. He constantly receives complements on his condition, health, coat, teeth and sheer bounce, and the smells are, thank goodness, (mostly!) a thing of the past :-) What is not to like? Although a large breed dog, we did try him on the special 'large breed' version which is just larger lumps of the same food, but found he ate his meals more sensibly with the 'standard' variety.

Thoroughly recommended, but of course do remember to offer lots of water if giving only a dry food to your canine family member.

One note on Amazon's service and price for this - the normal price is on a par with the High Street when discounts are offered, and cheaper than the full list price, but the 'subscribe and save' service offers a better price even than my previous internet retailer was offering, even when buying two big bags at a time, so to have the normal high Amazon standards for payment and very prompt delivery is a bonus. Well done Amazon.

REVIEW UPDATE - MAY 2014

Unfortunately we have had an email out of the blue saying the 'subscribe and save' offer on this is no longer available and was automatically cancelled. There was no explanation as to why, and as Amazon are still stocking this it seems rather odd. In price terms, with no subscribe and save discount, this can mean that if you are buying one bag the Amazon price is still competitive, but if you can buy (and store) two bags at a time then it can be cheaper to look elsewhere online...

4.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Food, Happy Dogs, 3 May 2012
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
After switching dog food nearly every month to keep my gorgeous girl happy and eating we have finally found a food that she loves!

Our one dog eats anything, including remnants from the bin - His favourite delicacy! Our girl however, would often graze, not really bothering herself if she ate or not! James Wellbeloved was recommended to us as a great quality food, full of goodness and great for dogs. Our girl has completely changed now - not leaving her bowl till it's all gone, quite often trying to eat our other dogs food too now!

It's great for healthy dogs, Their coats are gleaming and shiny and they can't wait for dinner time!

Really can't recommend this enough, Great nutritional content compared to some big named brands too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Pet Food, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
James Wellbeloved is a pet food giant renowned for its reputation using high quality ingredients to keep your pet happy and healthy. The ingredients used are designed to provide the correct nutrition for all parts of your pet. I believe it is the best dog food you can buy really. Keep your pet happy and healthy, don't buy them cheap cereal based foods (pedigree, bakers), give them quality food. We gave our dog pedigree food and it really upset her tummy, and she had terrible diarrhea every day. After feeding her James Wellbeloved, her stools are perfectly fine. If your dog has a sensitive tummy, this is the best food to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars German Shepherd, 1 April 2014
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
Over my lifetime have owned six German Shepherd's,Any German Shepherd owner knows they are susceptible to bed tummies, in 1993 thanks to a good friend of mine and vet John Recommended James Well Beloved, have fed my faithful friends ever since, particularly James Well Beloved Ocean, my present dog prefers Lamb Rice and Kibble, it provides a substantial meal being perfectly balanced, and you can see the difference after a couple of months as their coat develops a gloss, would never change, it's like everything.A little expensive but there again you only get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nutritious & Easily Digested, 31 Dec. 2014
Sentinel (Essex) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
When we first got our lurcher from a rescue centre, she was unable to tolerate most conventional dog food, and it became dispiriting/worrying as it returned from one end or the other. This dogfood was recommended to us, as a non-allergenic, gentle to digest dry protein biscuit, and we've never looked back. It's packed with good stuff; more importantly she loves it, and can digest it without any problems. Her coat has always been in excellent condition on this diet, and a sack lasts for a good while. Strongly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars dog hates the lamb. but loves the chicken., 31 Aug. 2014
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
the product is a good one but I can only speak for the lamb and rice. also mentioned to two other dog walkers on the rounds and they said the same that theirs doesn't like the lamb either. it is a shame as its a large bag and I should have stuck to what I know the dog likes. sorry..

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good food, 27 Sept. 2013
Sakazoke "Mermaid-Lover" (Monkton UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
I was told to buy this as one of my frenchies got an itchy coat. Then he started to chew his feet. But after 4 weeks it all stopped. The food really did sort my boy out. I wouldnt dream of using anything else for him. A large bag like this i store in a air tight drum to keep it fresh as he only has one full cup a day to eat. The bag will last me a good 6 weeks which is good value. Never had a food that has worked its magic on a very sore dogs skin and paws.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best a Dog can get., 9 Jan. 2012
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
Weimeraner with a very fussy tum has had this for most of his life and never had any problems, good for dogs coat, so must be good for health to compared to other foods used (bakers & wag)

5.0 out of 5 stars quality, 15 Nov. 2011
This review is from: James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg (Misc.)
A good quality food which my older dog has had for 8 years and is thriving on even now at 10 years old. keeps his energy levels up and has noe side effects. No smelly trumps!!

James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Kibble 15 kg