5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny tiny!
Published on 30 July 2011 by Davethedog

1.0 out of 5 stars Yet another one that snapped!!
Published on 23 Dec 2011 by WARM FEET

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny tiny!, 30 July 2011
These are tiny but work really well. Was a little unsure but ventured out in the dark the other night and they seem to do the trick. And they do look very very cool. Not sure on battery life etc but bought 20 spares on Amazon for a few quid. Because they are watch type batteries, it means you can carry a few spares around with you without adding bulk or weight. So far, highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yet another one that snapped!!, 23 Dec 2011
As previous reviews have stated, great little bright lights for the size......but, i haven't actually used them yet although they have been fitted to the bike for 2 months!! I was very annoyed to find the rear light on the floor with the strap snapped. Light was fitted to the seat post like a lot of other reviewers. Now i have a great red pocket flashing device but thats it!! Such a shame as they really are great little things!! Now need to see if amazon will refund out of the 30 day period, technically they are unused!! You'd think amazon would take a good look into these things if there's so many complaints about them snapping

4.0 out of 5 stars Another bright idea, 1 July 2011
G. Ward "Sotto Voce" (You are here ->) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I have to admit that having seen Knog products before, but never having a really good excuse to own any. I've lusted a little for something (anything!) from their collection of cool and deliciously different designs.

With the bike being pressed into action for the summer and my old lights well passed their best, it was the only excuse that I needed to dip my toe into the Knog range and see if they would delight as much as I hoped.

The Knog 'Frog' lights are a bit of a 'design classic' in the Knog range. Neat, ultra-compact and simple. The simplicity of this sort of design is often copied now (you can buy a budget alternative in the supermarket), but I was hoping that the original would be best.

What you got was exactly what I was hoping for, with clever packaging, design and a product that's a breeze to use. These are popped out of the packaging (something that's also very back to basics) and wrapped around your bars and seat-post in just a matter of moments (although, you don't want to go getting the front and rears all mixed up in the rush!) Nice and functional, there's nothing complicated and no fussing about with brackets. The material also means that you've no worries about marking that highly polished set of bars or scratching your carbon post.

To the important stuff... The light pattern is impressive, for such tiny lil' LED lights, but it'll remain to be seen how well the battery life will hold up (it's a slight concern, as the batteries are more expensive, per unit, than traditional 'AA' batteries) I'd say that the beam (a little tricky to compare coverage with a `strobe' light) is comparable with my larger, traditional, single beam lamp, with perhaps a slightly `whiter' light from the LED.

My only real concern is the lil' loop that wraps around the bar or seat post tube. I've got pretty narrow gauge bars; so I've no worries there, but the seat post is a little fatter in diameter and a bit of a stretch. Also considering that the Knog 'Frogs' are so easy to install, it goes hand in hand that they're also pretty easy to remove (and therefore a prime target for getting pinched, by the `light of finger'). They are easy to whip off and pop into your pocket. I'm not sure how long the rear light will hold up to being fitted and removed, a couple of times a day (I've knocked off one star for that).

All in, considering that there's aren't an expensive purchase, are entirely functional and look great, I can't find fault with them at the moment. They seem like pretty good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap and easy to use, easy to carry around!, 3 Oct 2010
I think knogs design is perfect if you want some bike lights thats easy to take on&off ur bike and that you can carry around while u lock your bike..!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lights, 11 Nov 2010
This review is from: Knog Frog Strobe 2 LED Front & Rear Light Set (Sports)
I'll start off to says these lights are fantastic and would recommend to everyone - I have shown to people at work who are now going to purchase them.

First off when I turned the lights on for the first time I was amazed at the brightness of the lights. These are great to put on your bike to ensure that drivers can see you - I would recommend a high visabilty vest as well - but that because I do not want to be knocked off my bike!

These lights are the easiet light to put on I have ever used as there are no brackets takes 2 seconds to install. This is as the lights are in a rubber casing which wraps around the handles bars which again make it so easy to remove your lights when you lock your bike up.

These light can also be fitted onto helmets, bags and clothing and I would not buy style of lights that I have used the Knog lights.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun and useful, 12 Oct 2011
I haven't actually got my own but have used friends. They are a very cool clever little design. Very bright light for their size. The only hesitation I have before buying my own is that I am not sure how long the battery can last, however I imagine that is the same with most LEDs. Also take care when not using them. The lights can come on again very easily in your bag so could lead to battery dying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice1, 11 Nov 2010
This review is from: Knog Frog Strobe 2 LED Front & Rear Light Set (Sports)
Have been using Knog Frogs MK1 for two winters & love them.....this new models even brighter & hugs the bars like the others.....they can glitch but a pullapart & refit batteries sorts them out....nice products.

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap but lasted 10 days, 1 Nov 2010
This review is from: Knog Frog Strobe 2 LED Front & Rear Light Set (Sports)
Sorry knog. The actual LEDs are nice and bright but after putting the product on a standard seat post it spontaneously snapped after 10 days of use. Bikes4life promptly refunded me the cost and return postage. The rear lights are meant to go on a seat post so the latex or other product they are made of clearly isn't strong or stretchy enough for this purpose. It's a shame, because the basic design is actually quite good and they are small enough to be used as emergency lighting should your main unit fail.

2.0 out of 5 stars Look elsewhere, 30 Aug 2012
M. Westlake "Limey" (UK) - See all my reviews
Yes they're bright, yes they flash in different ways.

However, they have an irritating habit of turning themselves off and on, whether in your bag and pocket, or (even worse) when they're on your bike and you go over a slight bump. Needless to say, this is both irritating and potentially dangerous.

Also, they eat batteries like nobody's business, even if they are turned off. Again, annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knog frog strobe twin pack LED light set !, 22 July 2012
Anthony Boreham "Top tosh" (HULL,ENGLAND.) - See all my reviews
I bought these 5 weeks ago ,and are a great product! You'll be spotted as the LEDs are great in the dark.Ive been using them for night riding with my dogs.They strap on,and are tight on bars.Also I left them when cleaning the bike,they still work after a hosepipe on them.I A tip is to open the back and just flip the battery ,the clip the back on,this stops the light going off accedently in your bag/pocket ,it only takes a sec.