5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Album
I had never heard of the black keys before but was in the record shop at lunch time and heard the album being played. When I heard the powerful opening riff of "Just Got To Be", I thought Paul Rodgers had brought out a new album and had brought Paul Kossoff back from the grave to play guitar, it sounded so like that raw feeling that early Free had (and I'm still convinced...
Published on 2 Oct 2006 by Mr. Douglas Clark

3.0 out of 5 stars No rubber Factory
Just got this album today, and my initial reaction is that its not so strong as the last keys album I bought, rubber factory.

The music is still high quality, with some beautiful lingering slow guitar sounds, but overall I would say this has much less impact that songs like keep me, girl is on my mind and just couldnt tie me down had.
Published on 13 Sep 2006 by Alex Perry

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Slower and more plodding than previous albums, 15 July 2007
This review is from: Magic Potion (Audio CD)
It appears that the BKs have been listening to quite a bit of Led Zep before recording this album, but forgot that they also did quicker songs too! Overall, there are some ok tunes, but there is less of a funky blues edge, and more plodding, dirge like blues rock. There's still stuff on here for BK fans, but I no longer listen to it, while I constantly listen to all their other albums.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›