5.0 out of 5 stars Mia's review age 9
This is the best book ever because it is all about a little girl who goes on loads
of adventures with the B F G [the big friendly giant], and the adventures are really imaginative.

I am only nine and I read this book when I was about 7 , but even now I could
still read the book over and over again [ thats how good it is].

If I were you I...
Published on 28 Jan 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book; Kindle Edition could be better.
I'll leave comments on Dahl's fantastic story to others, but I will comment on the Kindle edition.

The good: The pictures are well presented and clear.

The bad: There are quite a lot of errors in the text. Pretty much every chapter has a word or two that has been incorrectly entered. It's not enough to spoil one's enjoyment of the book but it is...
Published on 10 May 2011 by T. J. Aidley

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 14 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I think it's the best book ever!, 3 Dec 2000
This review is from: The BFG (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
I like the BFG because it's funny. My favourite part is when the BFG blows the dream to the Fleshlumpeater.

5.0 out of 5 stars a book that warmed my heart through and through, 23 Oct 2000
This review is from: The BFG (Hardcover)
sitting in bed in those cold winter nights i wondered if i would ever find my salvation in a good book? Well , it seems i have , this book is frankly brilliant ,a classic tale, you cannot beat Roald Dahl at his best, and this is it. So i leave you with one last comment. YOU SIMPLY MUST BUY THIS BOOK! Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very humourous and warm read, 17 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The BFG (Hardcover)
The BFG is another of Roald Dahl classic reads. It is enjoyable to a wide range of ages and is a book no-one will want to put down. This book is another great classic to add to the collection and will remain a childrens favourite for years to come. This book is a must for the children of today.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Top Book, 1 Oct 2000
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The BFG (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
I have just rediscovered Roald Dahl at the age of 28 and loved The BFG. The way he talks is so clever and extremely funny and Sophie as his sensible friend is a wonderful foil. I can't wait to read it to my daughter when she gets a bit older. I think the trick is that he writes for children as if they were mini adults, which of course they are. He never patronises and he never fails to show the crueller aspects of life. Wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the very best book I've read, 19 Jan 2000
By A Customer
I chose the BFG because the blurb on the back of the book made me want to read on.My favourite character is BFG he makes me want to read on and had strange food like snozzcumber.The BFG makes me feel as though iam the BFG and as though iam touching things.The book is about a little girl called sophie.When she is sleeping the BFG come and takes her out of her window back to giantland.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book it was great, 19 Jan 2000
This review is from: The BFG (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
My favourite book of the Millennium has to be the BFG by Roald Dahl. Which means the big friendly giant.My favourite character in the story is the big friendly giant because he is very funny. In the story the BFG takes Sophie out of her bed and tries to eat her in his cave.Fortunately he does not eat Sophie,they become friends.I felt very happy when the BFG was kind and gentle, and sad when he was unkind and evil. I have read this story so many times the more I read it the funnier it gets.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the best l have read ln 2000 years, 19 Jan 2000
By A Customer
My favourite book is the BFG by Roald Dahl. lt is so good that l read lt again and again. This is a book about a very nice giant. my favourite character is the BFG. that is my favourite book of the Millennium.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 10 Oct 1999
By A Customer
This is a well constructed thoughtful book. The BFG leaves you with a smile on your face and I would recommend it to anyone from a child or indeed an adult. I remember reading it when I was young and the thoughts have remained with me of what a truly wonderful book it is. One of Roald Dahl's Greats!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book because it helps build up my imagination., 14 May 1999
This review is from: The BFG (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
This is my favourite book and has been since I was tiny, because it builds up pictures in my mind so I can really understand who the characters are and what giant-land looks like.I am quite good at writing stories and I think this is because the BFG helped to build up my imagination.The BFG was ment for children aged from about 6 to 10.I am 11 and I still like this book and I always will.It is a book that is ment for a certian age group and turns out to be for anyone.I think this book is just brill and will forever be a childrens favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Giants eating humans!, 22 April 1999
This review is from: The BFG (Puffin Books) (Paperback)
This story is about an orphan called Sophie and a giant called the BFG.Sophie and the BFG try to make the other human eating giants friendly like the BFG. I think this book is one of the best books I ever read. At first Ididn't want to read it because it didn't look like a good book. But I tried it once and I read it twice. I think it's a great book.

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 14 | Next ›