4.0 out of 5 stars Take a good look
I read this book when I was about 10. I think it is a very good book BUT from the cover it looks like it is for younger children and I wouldnt say it was.
Published on 8 May 2005 by Kathy, 13

1.0 out of 5 stars Take a Good Look
Published on 8 Aug 2007 by A reader

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Take a Good Look, 8 Aug 2007
This review is from: Take a Good Look (Paperback)
Jacqueline Wilson is recognised as tackling tough issues head-on, for children of different ages, with books that are gripping, touching and very perceptive. However, in Take a Good Look she has written what would seem to be an easy pot boiler for her - the combination of a violent kidnap and the vulnerability of a child with partial sight. My seven year old grand daughter read this book and was worried and disturbed by it for some time, and with good reason. The cover and print size are misleading -it is not for younger readers. I would not recommend it for children under ten years old.

4.0 out of 5 stars Take a good look, 8 May 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 10 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Take a Good Look (Paperback)
A brilliant book for younger readers of Jacqueline wilson books! You really feel that you are the girl and that the nightmre that she is having is happening to you. It's funny when the burglars realise that she can't see proparly!

4.0 out of 5 stars An another great book, 8 Nov 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Take a Good Look (Paperback)
i thought this book was great and once again Jacqueline has made me cry and laugh. this is a heart warming tale about a determined little girl who is very short sighted and wants to do things for herself until it all goes wrong...

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly scary for younger children, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Take a Good Look (Paperback)
My 8 year old daughter read this book, she was really scared and said she never wants to read such book again, I think like many people said, it's a good book but not for under 10!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: Take a Good Look (Kindle Edition)
This book is really good however it says it is for young children whereas it isn't. It is quite a grown up story. I'd say 10+ other than that it is absolutely amazing!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Far too scary for under 10's!, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Take a Good Look (Paperback)
I mistakenly thought my seven year old daughter would enjoy this as she has read several other Jacqueline WIlson books. Whilst the ones she has read have been quite 'old' with their themes, I haven't been too worried so far. BEWARE this story! I read the first chapter to my daughter, then left her to carry on with the story - when I came back 15 minutes later she was sobbing; it terrified her! With a violent knife-wielding kidnapper as a character, this really isn't suitable for younger readers. However, my 10 year old son is keen to read it after I explained the plot.

5.0 out of 5 stars take a good look, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Take a Good Look (Kindle Edition)
the book was awesome i really liked it would read and reccomend so much well done jacqueline wow soo good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Take a Good Look (Kindle Edition)
It was quite a good book but also rather scary at parts. I thought it sounded so realistic it made me feel like the girl.

4.0 out of 5 stars take a good look, 19 Jan 2014
by charlotte
really good and funny but strange about a girl that does not like her grandmas wooly thing that she made!!!!!!!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›