on 23 July 2010
I am very impressed with this product in a number of areas. It has very good DAB reception - much better than the Pure Elan digital radio I owned previously. Its usability is first class. The features work pretty much as expected without much need to refer to the manual.

Connecting to our wireless network was easy. I just selected the SSID, entered the WEP key and the radio connected without fuss. Using Internet radio on the Stream 83i is straightforward as well. Having only tried to access Internet radio on a PC before, I was very impressed by the quality of reception.

My only reservation about the radio, is that sometimes it is reluctant to start properly when switching it on from the mains. When it powers up, the display illuminates and then dims again. When I press the on-off button, the display illuminates again and the radio normally tunes into the last station listened to. Sometimes, however, the display dims again without the radio tuning in. I think that this may be caused by the radio trying to connect to the wireless router when it is switched off. I am surprised, however, that it doesn't automatically default to DAB in this situation.

In general, this is an excellent product that does everything that I expected of it.
11 comment1 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2011
Love this product. Not only DAB and internet but can play music from my pc. Good sound, easy to set up and looks good too
on 10 October 2015
great sound, poor quality of software. tend to freeze any time and have to disconnected from the mains and rebooted. :(
on 1 February 2013
I purchased this item as a gift and as fa. r as i am aware the person iis very. pleased with item. Delivered in good tme
on 9 December 2012
Radio is very nice, Frontier Silicon is very basic, and does not have a lot of stations. iPhone App is basic, but works.
on 14 February 2014
What a great little device, easy to use and such GREAT sound quality. I cannot recommend this highly enough. GET ONE!!
on 30 October 2013
Everything Ok. The only negative in my mind are too less station keys. Or a direct button to favorites would be nice.
on 19 April 2013
einfache Bedienung - genial viele Sender - perfekt :)
und dazu ein toller Sound - sogar draußen auf der terasse
on 19 January 2014
This is my second Roberts in this case. Was a Christmas present for my. Daughter is fantastic she enjoy every day
on 9 August 2012
This radio is feature packed and if what you want is on the list you should be happy with it except for the points I made. The WiFi was easy to setup without the manual and everything seemed very well thought out and easy to use.

I had to return mine as my top priority is still a decent FM reception and sound, and it was terrible for FM and the sound was disappointing for a 3 speaker unit. Roberts technical support did say that aerial was removable (2 screws) and there was an F connector underneath, but compared to all my other radios in my house it had the worst FM reception out of the box. To be fair I was comparing it to older Roberts and Tivoli radios and this item is a digital radio with little thought for FM. As for sound, if you never heard a Tivoli radio you would probably find this one acceptable.

Amazon's return was very good and straight forward.

For comparison I also tried the Pure Evoke 2S (from John Lewis) though the sound was better the buttons fiddily and the FM even worst to the extent that the display was causing interference to all my other radios.