5.0 out of 5 stars A Diet of Fruits, Vegetable and Grains or Grains Only
Published on 16 Mar 2010 by Old movie fan

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for people interested in Bees
The message of this video is important for all the understand how the macro and micro environments effect one another. Like Al Gores video 'An Inconvenient Truth', the end message is "better watch out"

Published on 11 Jun 2011 by @madesign54

5.0 out of 5 stars A Diet of Fruits, Vegetable and Grains or Grains Only, 16 Mar 2010
This review is from: Vanishing of the Bees [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
This is a wonderful, insightful documentary into the disappearance of the bees around the world. As an American citizen I was particularly interested in the workings of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and its responsibility for the present and future crises. Although no one seems to know exactly the reason for CCD(Colony Collapse Disorder) there are some definite indications of at least some of the blame. Single crop farming and the use of chemical pesticides seem to be at least partially culpable. In modern society we have forgotten where our food comes from. Apples, peaches, cherries, almonds, strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes and onions are just a few of the crops dependent on the lowly honey bee for pollination. How different our tables would be without them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Offers awareness needed today - made me want to keep bees!, 14 May 2010
This review is from: Vanishing of the Bees [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
This film was not exactly what I expected. Most of the film was based in the USA, for some odd reason i wasn't expecting that.

A very informative video on the events currently taking place (when the film was shot). It might have lacked "epic" moments and cliff hangers like The Cove, or Sharkwater has, but none the less the facts are there, and they're frightening indeed.

A good film for grown ups as well as kids, although the kids might have to be explained a thing or two when it comes to the technical aspects.

I recommend buying it, if you're even just a little concerned for our environment and for the survival of these lovely creatures who we owe so much to.

5.0 out of 5 stars enpowering information, 4 Sep 2010
This review is from: Vanishing of the Bees [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
this movie gives in depth an idea of the world of bees, the complexity of their work and the tremendous importance it has for maintaining human existence on the planet. It clarifies the role of organic growing and is subtle to put that as a solution. It evokes warm feelings towards the delicate creatures that compose the great symbiotic environment we live.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good dvd, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Vanishing of the Bees [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
this dvd was brill it opened my mind to new things that I previously did not think about or know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring back the buzz, 15 Sep 2012
This review is from: Vanishing of the Bees [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
"The most fast moving, productive era, when mankind has surpassed all previous expectations and surged forward to achieve seemingly near total control over the world and its resources" could well be the ironic epitaph placed on grave of the last bee.

This film chronicles the path that has led to a situation where I could even imagine bee extinction as a possibility whilst there's still life on this planet. It makes a sobering viewing talking of inexplicable colony loss on the back of modern industrial agriculture and industrialised bee-keeping.

All is not yet lost but it's noy yet resolved, either. Watch this for an update and to point your thinking in a bee friendly way (if it ain't already!)

4.0 out of 5 stars I was disapointed it was the incorrect region to show on our DVD player,however I watched it on my laptop and enjoyed it., 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Vanishing of the Bees [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I thought the program was well put together and informative, this DVD would appeal to anyone interested in protecting wildlife bees in particular.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wake up call, 29 July 2011
This review is from: Vanishing of the Bees [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
It just goes to show how important bees are to life itself. In mans quest to solve the food problems/environmental we seem to do more damage otherwise; solving one so called environmental problem we create a bigger one. bees are necessary for pollination of crops as are other insects therefore, should be protected at all costs. We need more DVD evidence like this regarding other man made catastrophies and maybe one day society may just wake up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, 26 Feb 2011
This review is from: Vanishing of the Bees [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
It's a really interesting movie to watch. My only concern is that it wouldn't hurt to have a selection of subtitles on the dvd (there is not even an english version).Not complicated and really important for document movies like this one. Definitelly recomend to watch.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for people interested in Bees, 11 Jun 2011
This review is from: Vanishing of the Bees [DVD] [2009] (DVD)

But the documentary is soooo sloooow, that after the first 20 minutes you get the plot, that you then have another hour to watch through it waiting for something else to happen - sorry to say I fell asleep, whereas the rest of my family disappeared to watch something else.
May bee this is why the Bees where disappearing with CCD.
joking apart - I had heard good reviews about this documentary but alas sad to say its not on my top list.

Sad to be negative, perhaps I was expecting too much, waiting for a sensational outcome that never came. Or have I watched to many X-Files in the past?

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed., 6 Feb 2011
A. Paterson (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vanishing of the Bees [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I had to buy this DVD title as I couldn't find it for free on the internet. I've found that a lot of other year-old documentaries are free to watch online, especially if they are promoting a cause of some nature....the makers generally want more people to see it.

I was quite disapointed...There was not a lot of fancy imagery, footage or anything like that. I was expecting some nice close ups of the bees going about their business. I know this seems shallow, but after documentaries like The Cove or Blue Planet, our expectations of films like this has been raised quite a bit.

It was informative, but I found that the plot seemed a bit thin, maybe it was just a bit slow. I did learn some interesting and scary facts from the film, but it could have been a lot better. I have to agree with what another reviewer said earlier about it running like those factual films we were made to watch in school. For some reason a lot of the footage and audio seemed old and grainy, but based on the nature of what they were talking about it can't have been more than a couple of years old. Maybe they were on a low budget or something.

I recommend looking around for other films/tv shows about the bee crises if you're interested.

Vanishing of the Bees [DVD] [2009]
Vanishing of the Bees [DVD] [2009] by George Langworthy (DVD - 2010)
8.99