5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Optical Cables
Published on 9 Jan 2010 by C. Brooks

3.0 out of 5 stars bling bling
Well these cables sure look nice, but once you get over that, they offer nothing over cheaper looking optical cables.

They are very stiff, not very pliable at all, and very thick, and they come coiled up in a bag and retain the coiled shape, no amount of trying to straighten them has worked, they look a complete eyesore with white loops sticking up...
Published on 3 Nov 2011 by rockdiva

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Optical Cables, 9 Jan 2010
C. Brooks (SUFFOLK United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I purchased 2 of these as I have just bought a new DVD+HD player and a Blu Ray player, the cables arrived this morning so well done for fast delivery in the snow. I have just connected them up to my Amp system, the sound is amazing, best my Yamaha Amp has ever sounded, so much better than the connectivity I had before. Optical is the way to go and these are real quality cables, I work in the Telecoms industry so know all about optics and I can't believe they can sell them at this price, buy now before they are gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, great cable., 30 Jan 2010
I was quite astounded by the low price and really, the quality is there. The cable is very stiff so you'll need extra room to allow it to bend properly. But I guess this is a side effect of quality making.

Shipping was fast and efficient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Constructed Cable, 21 Jan 2010
M. V. Swain (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Duronic 3M Goldspec High Resolution Digital Optical TOSlink Cable - 24K Gold Casing (This cable can be used for the likes of DVD, PC, and games consoles such as the Sony PS3) (Electronics)
Good heavy duty construction with high quality connectors (don't forget to remove the end caps before fitting!). Great price and does the job.

Construction is heavy duty, so it's not suitable if you're looking for a lightweight installation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says, 4 Jun 2010
These cables look a little flash, but the gold colouring has no beneficial or detrimental impact on the performance of the optical cable. The gold bits are hidden behind my TV set-up, because I find them a little bright.

The plug ends are sized perfectly, so that the "slipping" I have previously experienced with some (more expensive) cables is not an issue. The sound transfer is perfect for my set-up, which is probably considered mid-range (Sony BDP S760 Blu ray, Panasonic 42" G20 Plasma, Samsung HT-TZ325R Home Cinema, Virgin (Samsung) Cable box). Certainly, most home viewing will not benefit from buying cables that cost a great deal more. At the current Amazon price, they are a sound (!) decision for audio connectors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 13 April 2011
This product is fantastic, I was just about to purchase one from a high street electrical store (that are "always cutting prices") for 30.00 when somebody advised i should check Amazon. sure enough they were correct the cable is fantastic it is a rope style material rather than rubber so very flexible and hard wearing. I have it connected between my SKY HD and Samsung Surround sound system and it is true when they say you get HD sound! I am so impressed with this product and would urge you to purchase. I did receive a 1m cable with my surround sound system which was a common plastic one and the difference is unbelievable. good luck purchasing i promise you that you will not be disappointed!

cbuffins :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 10 Jan 2010
I bought this digital optical cable as an upgrade to replace an old phono to phono cable which connects my Sky+ box to my amp. You instantly notice the difference in sound quality. I would recommend this to anyone and its alot cheaper than the ones for sale on the high street (20+)!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 24 Jan 2011
I purchased this to connect my new HD TV to my blu ray surround sound system, cant fault it and a great price to, i dont see the need to pay a lot when this cable does what the expensive ones do, it arrived early to even with the weather problems that we had!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC Value, Great quality!, 21 Jan 2011
Initially I ordered one of these cables to connect a friends Digital TV to an amplifier, and was impressed with the materials and quality.
Actually the sound and build quality are great considering the price!
Over the following weeks, I started to wonder if my system didn't perhaps sound as good as it should, and tried this cable on one DVD player, and could certainly hear an improvement.
I've subsequently purchased 6 more, mostly 1 metre cables but also two 2 metre cables, and swapped out ALL my old fibre optic cables, with the exception of 2 Monster cables, but to be honest, I can't really hear any difference in comparative A/B testing between these and the Monster cables, and the Monsters remain in my system, simply as they cost me about 10 times as much!
I'd certainly recommend these cables, and Duronic seem to have a good product range that includes video and analogue audio interconnects, so at this price point, there really is no excuse to be using the cheap ones shipped with so many components.
I also ordered one set of Duronic component video cables, which I'll install and evaluate over the coming weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 14 Feb 2010
William Robb "Willie" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
I got this product and was very pleased with th quality of the product and service

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value for money, 8 Feb 2010
Mrs. Miriam Palmer "50 something lady" (Norfolk, england) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my stepson, and he has been very impressed with the quality of the item. The price was cheaper than expected. I would recommend this to anyone considering buying this type of lead for PS3.