on 30 January 2010
I was quite astounded by the low price and really, the quality is there. The cable is very stiff so you'll need extra room to allow it to bend properly. But I guess this is a side effect of quality making.

Shipping was fast and efficient.
on 4 June 2010
These cables look a little flash, but the gold colouring has no beneficial or detrimental impact on the performance of the optical cable. The gold bits are hidden behind my TV set-up, because I find them a little bright.

The plug ends are sized perfectly, so that the "slipping" I have previously experienced with some (more expensive) cables is not an issue. The sound transfer is perfect for my set-up, which is probably considered mid-range (Sony BDP S760 Blu ray, Panasonic 42" G20 Plasma, Samsung HT-TZ325R Home Cinema, Virgin (Samsung) Cable box). Certainly, most home viewing will not benefit from buying cables that cost a great deal more. At the current Amazon price, they are a sound (!) decision for audio connectors.
on 21 January 2010
Good heavy duty construction with high quality connectors (don't forget to remove the end caps before fitting!). Great price and does the job.

Construction is heavy duty, so it's not suitable if you're looking for a lightweight installation.
on 1 September 2011
Obviously, gold here has no impact at all on sound quality, because it's an optical cable. But the cable is very sturdy, and build quality seems very good. I A/B'd with a good audio RCA cable (i.e., not a 75 ohm digital cable) and the optical cable sounded better - albeit a subtle improvement (tighter bass, clearer highs... yes, I know this sounds like rubbish, but that's what I heard!). So, using the right kind of cable makes a difference and I'd rather have the RF-electrical interference immunity that optical offers. Maybe it was this immunity, or maybe it was the cable? Give the dodgy electrical systems in Victorian houses, I'm make your own mind up.
on 24 January 2011
I purchased this to connect my new HD TV to my blu ray surround sound system, cant fault it and a great price to, i dont see the need to pay a lot when this cable does what the expensive ones do, it arrived early to even with the weather problems that we had!!!!
on 9 January 2010
I purchased 2 of these as I have just bought a new DVD+HD player and a Blu Ray player, the cables arrived this morning so well done for fast delivery in the snow. I have just connected them up to my Amp system, the sound is amazing, best my Yamaha Amp has ever sounded, so much better than the connectivity I had before. Optical is the way to go and these are real quality cables, I work in the Telecoms industry so know all about optics and I can't believe they can sell them at this price, buy now before they are gone.
on 13 April 2011
Bought to connect my Panasonic surround sound system to the tv, easy to connect and sounds better than with standard audio cables. I would have preferred the cable to be coloured black but at this price it could have been any colour of the rainbow. Product delivery was very quick, highly recommended.
on 21 May 2010
I linked a few of this make of cable up through a switchable optical unit 2mtr cable and 1mtr cables.. every thing works fine they do not feel quite as good as some of the cables I have used on other equipment but they do the job just fine. Although, I would not choose this make if I had to plug and unplug them very often as the shrouding around the fibre optic does not feel very strong.
At the price of these cables I think they are just fine and do the job well,its a shame they do not come in black though because white cables with an all black system looks a little odd.
All in all worth the money.
on 13 April 2011
This product is fantastic, I was just about to purchase one from a high street electrical store (that are "always cutting prices") for £30.00 when somebody advised i should check Amazon. sure enough they were correct the cable is fantastic it is a rope style material rather than rubber so very flexible and hard wearing. I have it connected between my SKY HD and Samsung Surround sound system and it is true when they say you get HD sound! I am so impressed with this product and would urge you to purchase. I did receive a 1m cable with my surround sound system which was a common plastic one and the difference is unbelievable. good luck purchasing i promise you that you will not be disappointed!

cbuffins :)
on 5 July 2011
i bought this optical cable because of its gold plated plugs and woven cable sleeve, thinking that it would be of good quality and these are more than that. the plugs take a bit force to plug in and remove from devices and don't move around in the socket, so you know they wont fall out unexpectedly, unlike the over priced belkin brand optical cable:- which moves around in the socket and can be easily pulled out. the cable itself is really thick and cannot bend sharply easily. this is important because any sharp kinks in optical cables can cause loss of sound. again unlike the belkin:- the cable is really thin and i can see it breaking quite soon. overall its a fantastic product and i would definitely buy another.