4.0 out of 5 stars o.k does the job
I bought 2 of these ,one for my car and one for my ladies car, both of the cars are not used much due to us both driving company vehicles all the week, on my car the charger works just fine and I have not had a flat battery again despite the car not being used for weeks at a time .On my ladies car it is a different story she has an all singing and dancing security system...
Published on 21 May 2010 by Mr. R. Collings

2.0 out of 5 stars 7W Version, I bought because...
Published 9 months ago by AmazeOn

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars 7W Version, I bought because..., 25 Oct 2013
I now live in the big City, use public transport and my car is rarely used (but when I do use it, I would like it to work). I own a small Fiesta that needed help. I chose the 7W version because I not only wanted to maintain the battery but wanted to generate some charge too. My car is not a van/largeboat diesel truck/boat etc. so this sounded possible to do in my case. My cigarette lighter does remain on also (tested with a sat nav that has a mains LED indicator built into the power lead) which meant that I didn't have to run a lead direct to the battery.

THE TEST:
My car got to the stage whereby turning the ignition produced a slow whinning noise followed by nothing. Failiure to turn over; not enough electricity! I tried again a coupe of times, still same result.
INSTALLED 7w Solar trickle charger (Stood it up on passenger seat because I didn't want it displayed in my window for all the youths to see)

UPDATE: (3 Days later, winter conditions)
After 3 days of scattered shower conditions, I retested the battery in the same way I initially did. I turned the ignition and it gave a slightly faster whine (still a little slow though) and after a couple of seconds, the engine fired up! I restested this a couple more times and the engine fired up every time in the same mannor (again, still way below perfect standards).

I'm convinced that the 7w solar trickle charger is giving my battery a slow charge and after a couple of weeks or a month, hopefully my battery will be up to par inwhich i will give this the fully 5* rating. So far so good

UPDATE: (9 Days Later)
Tried to start the engine, battery completely dead now. Engine gave one single whine before giving up. Before, the battery must of been a little warmer and so started. This trickle charger has not maintained the battery nor provided any charge. Some might say that this charger is not doing it's intended job. Dropping to 2* now. Have decided to recharge battery through a mains plug.

If I can remember, I'll update with progress...

5.0 out of 5 stars Visua 1.8W solar powered, photovoltaic battery charger., 8 Aug 2011
Paullus (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
My son's Renault Clio has an immobilizer which runs the battery flat if it's not driven for any length of time. I ordered this from Amazon and as a "Prime" customer it arrived very quickly as usual. When I actually fitted it, the Renault's battery was so flat it barely showed an ignition light. Unfortunately I could not use the cigarette lighter plug as the socket is only live when the ignition is on. No problem I simply fitted the alternative crocodile clip cable supplied and connected straight to the battery terminals. Within two hours of bright sunshine the battery was charged and easily started the car. I've left it connected now for over a month while the car is not on the road but found it always keeps the battery charged so the engine starts effortlessly.
It's a brilliant bit of kit, cheap as chips and it gives free power. In fact I'm so impressed I'm having photovoltaic cells installed on my house.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsure if it works or not, 27 Aug 2010
K. Gunn (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SOLAR POWER CAR PANEL BATTERY TRICKLE CHARGER 12V 1.5W (Electronics)
I bought this for my car as I rarely drive it and the battery often gets too low that it needs to be jumped, after charging the battery up again I attached this device to it but after a week or so of not using the car I went to start and it was DEAD flat, no lights or anything, I understand that this product does not charge the battery but i assumed it would keep what charge is in there but my battery still managed to leak all its charge out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of the 12V 1.5W (small one)., 16 July 2013
I bought a larger one of these (different make) for my car and was so impressed I decided to get one for my motorcycle.

I use the 1.5W device on 650cc motorcycle plugged into an after market 12V (cigarette lighter) socket. The battery on the bike is brand new and is running an alarm/immobiliser. I have not had a single problem with the unit or any problems starting the bike in the three months I have been using it.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Feb 2012
R. Jamison (UK) - See all my reviews
The unit has charged an almost dead caravan battery back up to full power over a period of 4 weeks while inside the caravan (ie through perspex window) and always in the shade (ie. never any direct sunlight). This is better than I had expected.

Since then it has maintained a full charge on the battery.

As we do not generally use caravan sites I can expect this unit to keep the battery fully charged each day in the summer - especially with direct sunlight.

Its physical design features have been well described in other reviews - the dimensions are correctly described and it folds away very neatly.

I am impressed with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked well so far, 22 Jun 2014
R. Andritter - See all my reviews
Bought these to keep stored batteries charged up.
Always had problems with my electric fencer batteries to keep them ready as they are rotated and sometimes stored for a few months.
The panels are mounted on the outside of my field shelter and seem weatherproof.
They have performed well in preventing the batteries frim discharging voldage remains at top charge for weeks.
I also left one in the dashboard connected to the cigarete lighter
when parked at the airport to avoid battery going flat.
Seems to have worked as voltage shows12.6 still after standing for 2 wks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Visua Solar Powered Battery Charger, 18 Jun 2014
It is ideal my car battery is now in its 8th year and I only do short runs. So there it sits on my parcel shelf chugging away, and I
know that the electronics will automatically control the charge input, therefore there will be no cooked battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 18 Jun 2014
Bought this to Stop my van battery from going flat when it's not being driven for a few months. Haven't had a flat battery since so can't complain!

5.0 out of 5 stars permanently charged up, 15 Jun 2014
Excellent product and service at a very good price. Keeps my old bus (21-year-old VW camper) ticking over very nicely even if we don't go out on a jaunt in weeks (starts first time after a winter of not).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., 3 Jun 2014
We bought this to leave on the dashboard of our Motorhome while standing for some time. Excellent. Wouldn't be without it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›