5.0 out of 5 stars Best so far - by far!
This is a VERY good solar battery charger. I've bought several of these over the years to keep the family's cars charged up and this one is definitely the best so far - by far
Unlike many other similar products this one supplies both a cigarette lighter socket plug AND crocodile clips for direct connection to the battery (which is necessary if your cigarette lighter...
Published 23 months ago by A. Conroy

3.0 out of 5 stars 1.8w is more suited for vehicle batteries which are 30ah or less.
The reviews about the Visua Solar Powered Battery Chargers have been combined with the sellers other listings for the various wattage being sold. It certainly misled me into thinking that the 1.8w is a worthy product for any battery. It's not. You'll need at least a 4w solar powered charger to trickle charge and prevent power drain to a 12v vehicle battery which is above...
Published 3 months ago by C. Hanson

‹ Previous | 1 2 333 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved me from getting a flat battery., 31 July 2010
This review is from: SOLAR POWER CAR PANEL BATTERY TRICKLE CHARGER 12V 1.5W (Electronics)
My battery kept going flat due to lack of use. Without removing the battery from my car, I Connected the Solar Trickle Charger to the battery, via a Two Pole Relay, so that it switches off the solar charger when I start. This is because my cigarette lighter socket is not energised when the ignition is off. Excellent and quick servive by Nikka will use them again. Dave

5.0 out of 5 stars Visua 1.8W solar powered, photovoltaic battery charger., 8 Aug. 2011
S.Paull (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
My son's Renault Clio has an immobilizer which runs the battery flat if it's not driven for any length of time. I ordered this from Amazon and as a "Prime" customer it arrived very quickly as usual. When I actually fitted it, the Renault's battery was so flat it barely showed an ignition light. Unfortunately I could not use the cigarette lighter plug as the socket is only live when the ignition is on. No problem I simply fitted the alternative crocodile clip cable supplied and connected straight to the battery terminals. Within two hours of bright sunshine the battery was charged and easily started the car. I've left it connected now for over a month while the car is not on the road but found it always keeps the battery charged so the engine starts effortlessly.
It's a brilliant bit of kit, cheap as chips and it gives free power. In fact I'm so impressed I'm having photovoltaic cells installed on my house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent trickle charger and easy to use., 8 Sept. 2014
This charger is ideal as although only a low wattage it is enough to keep the battery topped up if you are using the radio, interior lights etc. I use it in my 1970s VW camper as there is no leisure battery. As I have a newer radio / CD player in there it is 'always on' so is drawing a trickle of power all of the time. Without this battery trickle charger I'd be charging the battery every week as I don't use the old bus every day.
Also when out camping in the middle of nowhere I can use the radio, interior light without fear of being stranded next morning.
Sure; I could invest in a leisure battery but I'm too bone idle so this is perfect.
Really simple to use - can be placed directly onto the battery terminals or will charge the battery by simply plugging it into the cigarette lighter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Problem solved, 6 Aug. 2012
I had a problem recently with starting my car. I don't use it too often and when it was standing all the items still needing power were draining the battery. I was caught out several times but was fortunate enough to have help on hand each time. I realised, however, that my luck would run out one day so I had to do something about it.

I heard about the solar panels, checked them out, and purchsed this product. No problems since. I did have to pay for the cigarette lighter to be converted, but now ....everything is free.

This purchase was in the summer months, have yet to see if the product is as good during the winter.

An excellent buy from Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for small batteries, 4 Aug. 2014
J. E. (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This is the second of these panels I have bought and they work fine keeping small 12 volt 7Ah. sealed batteries topped up. When pointed at the sun they deliver around 70mA of charge, but this drops right off in poorer light. I doubt if they would keep a car battery topped up if it was left connected to the car as I suspect the residual drain on a modern car battery is greater than 70mA even with the ignition switched off. I have checked both my panels and there is no measurable back leakage current from the battery if the panel is in darkness. Both my panels are mounted behind glass, one in a greenhouse and the other indoors in a window.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsure if it works or not, 27 Aug. 2010
K. Gunn (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my car as I rarely drive it and the battery often gets too low that it needs to be jumped, after charging the battery up again I attached this device to it but after a week or so of not using the car I went to start and it was DEAD flat, no lights or anything, I understand that this product does not charge the battery but i assumed it would keep what charge is in there but my battery still managed to leak all its charge out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 27 Sept. 2011
The design of this product is fantastic. Rather large, but the fact that it folds down more or less makes up for that.

Other than that, it only leaves me to re-iterate the points already made by others really; this charger will actually top-up your battery, not just maintain it!

One small negative, which I believe someone's already raised- some cars (mine included) will only allow you to use the cigarette lighter with the keys in the ignition (and turned to notch 1), which means anyone can come along and drive off with your car. However the crocodile clips provide the perfect alternative solution, so it's not a major issue.

Overall, a great product which provides good power. Worth the price for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Visua Solar Powered Battery Charger, 18 Jun. 2014
It is ideal my car battery is now in its 8th year and I only do short runs. So there it sits on my parcel shelf chugging away, and I
know that the electronics will automatically control the charge input, therefore there will be no cooked battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked well so far, 22 Jun. 2014
R. Andritter - See all my reviews
Bought these to keep stored batteries charged up.
Always had problems with my electric fencer batteries to keep them ready as they are rotated and sometimes stored for a few months.
The panels are mounted on the outside of my field shelter and seem weatherproof.
They have performed well in preventing the batteries frim discharging voldage remains at top charge for weeks.
I also left one in the dashboard connected to the cigarete lighter
when parked at the airport to avoid battery going flat.
Seems to have worked as voltage shows12.6 still after standing for 2 wks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, provided you read the instructions., 29 April 2013
T. J. Skingle (Jersey) - See all my reviews
I bought this trickle charger a couple of weeks ago, before going on holiday for 2 weeks. As I only make occasional use of my car, the battery is prone to going flat when I am away for any length of time and it is annoying to have to call someone out from my local garage to get the car started.

First thing to note is that this device is NOT designed to resurrect a battery that is already flat, the idea is that you start with a healthy battery and the solar panel keeps it from discharging over time while not in use.

In my case, I found that I needed to connect the panel direct to the car battery using the crocodile clips provided. This is because the cigarette lighter does not function when the ignition is off, so there is no connection to the car's electrical system available.

The panel didn't start charging straight away when attached. I can think of a couple of reasons for this - first I had previously taken the car in to the garage to have the battery recharged so the battery was probably already healthy, second it was late on in the day and the sky was overcast so maybe not enough juice being produced.

I kept an eye on the charger and was pleased to see that charging had started the next day (as indicated by the flashing LED on the solar panel).

After two weeks (17 days) away, I came back to my car today. After I disconnected the crocodile clips, I was pleased to find that the car started first time, so the solar panel has saved me at least one call out to the local garage, which means it has paid for itself in one go. :-)

‹ Previous | 1 2 333 | Next ›