4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but stunning
Published on 13 Jan 2011 by FeltMonkey

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun design but where does it go?
I bought this for the same reason you are reading this....it looks different and fun.
Published 23 months ago by notthedoctor

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but stunning, 13 Jan 2011
This review is from: Suck Uk Wooden Bulb (Misc.)
I was a bit dubious after purchasing this, by initial plan was to buy a floor lamp to light up the corner of my room, being a single chap living alone I couldn't find anything that fitted the bill. My initial impressions upon receiving were that it was a little smaller than I expected, plywood and generally of disappointment, I decided to leave it lying on the floor, the patterns that it casts on the walls and generally the atmosphere that it gives the room have been a talking point for everybody that has visited my house since I've had it, I've never known [...] to generate so much interest !!!

One piece of advice, don't use energy saver light bulbs as the length stops shadows being cast, using low output halogen bulbs increases the shadows and the experiance

5.0 out of 5 stars Casting Shadows., 10 Mar 2012
This review is from: Suck Uk Wooden Bulb (Misc.)
I first saw these giant light bulbs in a bar and I was so impressed I was determined to have them for myself, I thought I'd have to search high and low for them but trusty Amazon comes to the rescue once again. I've displayed this lamp on a side table in my library and the effects is beautiful. The light and patterns it cast are amazing and the atmosphere is great, I often find myself staring at the patterns rather than reading my book. Everyone who has stepped foot in the library since has always complemented the lamp, never mind the books. It's a great feeling though that I found this lamp and all my friends and family are jealous! Always a happy feeling.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun design but where does it go?, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Suck Uk Wooden Bulb (Misc.)
It's a quality product, and on its own it looks great. But when I tried to put in on a table or floor etc. I found it difficult to find a place where it matched in with surroundings. The design and the bright halogen light ensures it shines out "look at me". Interestingly I found the position with it lying on its side (as in the adverts) the least appealing in situ. Just looks naff. Eventually I found the best was standing on its base on a table with plenty space around it. I also replaced the bright halogen with a softer bulb. Unfortunately this loses the dramatic grid like shadows it casts, but then I don't hurt my eyes when looking at it. In summary it is an unusual , interesting design that demands care in where you place it.

4.0 out of 5 stars wooden bulb, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Suck Uk Wooden Bulb (Misc.)
...loved it beautiful in my bedroom, but i think it was little too dear for what it is, but it is a lovley lamp ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic lamp, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Suck Uk Wooden Bulb (Misc.)
I bought the lamp for a friends birthday and we both loved it so much.
The delivery was prompt and it was packaged really well. The lamp had a bulb already attached and I was worried when it was opened that it would not work, I should not have had any worries it worked no problem. I would definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wooden bulp is nice, but light bulp..., 1 Dec 2014
This review is from: Suck Uk Wooden Bulb (Misc.)
Nice lamp with a different look - light bulp could be less shinny though if used where you look straight into the lamp.

4.0 out of 5 stars wooden Bulb, 26 Dec 2012
This review is from: Suck Uk Wooden Bulb (Misc.)
I havent bought this yet but liked the revues. Would anybody recommend this for the bedroom as im redecorating soon.

Suck Uk Wooden Bulb