5.0 out of 5 stars Which languages?
In this box set, the various discs are available with the following language soundtracks:

Dora Catch The Stars: English, Dutch, French
Dora's Dance To The Rescue: English
Dora Saves The Mermaids: English, Irish
Dora Fairytale Adventure: English, Dutch, French, Portuguese
Dora City of Lost Toys: English, French, Spanish (plus, English...
Published on 4 Nov. 2010 by flyinghyphen

Dora Catch The Stars: English, Dutch, French
Dora's Dance To The Rescue: English
Dora Saves The Mermaids: English, Irish
Dora Fairytale Adventure: English, Dutch, French, Portuguese
Dora City of Lost Toys: English, French, Spanish (plus, English subtitles).

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's favourite!, 9 July 2010
This review is from: Dora The Explorer - Ultimate Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
My 2 and a half year old daughter absolutely loves all the episodes in this box. A must have for Dora lovers. However some of the other reviewers must be referring to a different box set as this one only consists of the 5 DVDs no tins or pencil cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dora DVDs, 13 Aug. 2010
S. Jarvis (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dora The Explorer - Ultimate Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
This 5 DVD box set is definitely worth the money. My children (aged just 3 and just 2) loves the characters and are learning many concepts along the way.
Over the years I have never 'taken' to Dora from the odd snippets I may have seen, however I never really appreciated its worth until my own children have started watching it.
Dora goes exploring using a map and solves various puzzles along the way. Each puzzle is explained to the viewer and solved interactively (ie asking the viewer to answer riddles with her, leaving enough time for the child to answer her questions), giving lots of praise along the way.
With the catchy tunes and the second language, these DVD's have been watched over and over.
2 DVD's contain 4 x 20 min episodes and the other 3 DVD's have one longer double episode and 2 shorter ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy with my purchase, 13 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Dora The Explorer - Ultimate Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Great way to keep my 3 year old daughter occupied.
She loves Dora and it was very helpful during our 3 hour plane trip 2 weeks ago.

3.0 out of 5 stars Random audio options, 16 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Dora The Explorer - Ultimate Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
The information on the outside of the Region 2 box set lists English, Dutch, Irish, French, Portuguese, and Spanish language options, but the 5 individual DVDs in the set have completely random audio options. One, "Dance to the Rescue," has only English, while "City of Lost Toys" is the only one with a Spanish option, at least in the set I received. English is the only language that all of the discs have in common.

I was hoping to have the Spanish option for our English-Spanish speaking bilingual daughter, so I will have to rebuy most of the DVDs. Very disappointing.

My nearly 3-year-old girl is enthralled by Dora and her adventures, and Dora is a nice role model. The repetition is useful for a child her age, and the emphasis on problem solving is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 3 May 2014
My son love it. He can't have enough of it. He thinks he is super map following Dora every she goes, brilliant. Very entertaining and educational. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicioso!, 25 Oct. 2006
Naty (Milan,Italy) - See all my reviews
As I'm italian, the only way to have Dora home is to buy it with Amazon, since there is no shop selling it in Italy!!So first of all thanks to Amazon, that with this wonderful DVD has made my 2 years daughter a very happy little person. I''s just a beautiful story, with funny episodes, and my daughter sing and dance to all the songs! Grazie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted Daughter, 23 Aug. 2009
M. Morgan (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
What can I say...if I had bought it on video it would have worn out by now, my daughter loves Dora and this has provided many many hours of entertainment.

4.0 out of 5 stars go dora, 19 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Dora The Explorer - Ultimate Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
After watching this DVD box set from start to finish I find myself questioning the technical criteria which enable us to be called explorers. I feel that on a professional level Dora tends to loiter too much in a safe familiar environment and lack the personal motivation to step into the more dangerous yet more exciting unknown. I believe Dora's social circle may be holding her back and Diego's interest in Dora may have a very dark sinister motive. For the next stage in Dora's exploring career I picture her collaborating with Ray Mears or Bear Grills but should she choose to rise above her friends and peers I would fully support Dora into the role of BBC overseas correspondent. Current evidence shows that Dora Needs work on her confidence. In every episode she will carry out a simple task yet constantly ask the viewers for help, even in simple tasks such as spotting shapes and colours. But keep up the good work Dora as you are defiantly going places xx

5.0 out of 5 stars many peaceful hours, 30 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Dora The Explorer - Ultimate Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this box set as a stocking filler for my 3yr old daughter. Altho it drives me nuts (her voice is very annoying after a while) Its stopped my kids from arguing over toys as they will all sit quietly and watch it. My 3yr old even joins in. Its a lovely little set as each dvd has several episodes on it so u can watch as much or as little as u want. Im really pleased that I bought it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›