5.0 out of 5 stars What a film!
Published on 8 Jun 2010 by UK Filmbuff

2.0 out of 5 stars Too simple
Without Robert Newton I never would have ordered this DVD but the wonderful actor cannot help preventing the Night Boat from virtually going down to the bottom of the Irish sea where it should be left forever.
Published on 3 Jan 2011 by WolfThieme

5.0 out of 5 stars What a film!, 8 Jun 2010
UK Filmbuff "filmbuff1382" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Night Boat To Dublin [DVD] (DVD)
From the outset, I was "on the edge of my chair", with this amazing and gripping film. I wasn't prepared for the gripping story of espionage, detection and courage that this film portrayed. By today's standards, of course, it is dated. However, the cast, as one would expect, is superb and the settings are very believable. I would highly recommend this film to anyone who wants suspense and surprise almost all through the film. It isn't one of those "and they all lived happily ever after" type of films, though; in real life people are caught and die. So it is with this film. A must see!

5.0 out of 5 stars Evocative; interesting plot, 8 Jun 2010
Mr. Gavin Boughton (Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night Boat To Dublin [DVD] (DVD)
Didn't know what to expect with this; I must say I was very pleasantly surprised. Complex, but easy to follow espionage plot. The boat scenes reminded me of my travels to/from Dublin as a child - happy days. The film, cast and story line were all easy on the eye and on the old grey matter. Just the kind of film I'd recommend for a Winter's evening. Congratulations to Studio Canal for releasing it.

4.0 out of 5 stars night boat to dublin, 7 July 2010
A. W. Wilson - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Night Boat To Dublin [DVD] (DVD)
I just like Robert Newton spy films. I don't know why! This is great fun and I recomend it to anyone who a) likes Newton b) likes British b/w films of the 40's c) likes Spy films. I will watch this again in 18 months or so, always a good test. My wife won't. Ah well. Go for it

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden gem, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Night Boat To Dublin [DVD] (DVD)
I've become fascinated with WWII over the past couple of years and love all the old movies and documentaries so I decided to have a look at this old 'B' movie. I am delighted with my purchase and even though the production standards are low I felt genuine excitement and tension as the secret service try to track down the Nazi spies!
The finale at the lonely castle on the cliff was fantastic. Well worth a look if you are into old spy film noir.

4.0 out of 5 stars B & W Film Fan, 31 Aug 2010
Ms. Nicola J. Booth "Nicola" (Guildford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night Boat To Dublin [DVD] (DVD)
Good film, good print and sound on this DVD. Never saw this film before and wasn't sure what to expect. Its enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Sep 2014
V. streymoy (The Faroe Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Night Boat To Dublin [DVD] (DVD)
Awesome film, I really enjoyed it. Quick delivery and the item was in perfect condition.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too simple, 3 Jan 2011

Night Boat To Dublin [DVD]
Night Boat To Dublin [DVD] by Lawrence Huntington (DVD - 2010)