5.0 out of 5 stars He best, truly 'silent' whistle
Published on 6 Jan. 2013 by A. Wilcher

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
Almost silent as a silent whistle is pretty much impossible, but its great at parks especially with the recall, i love that its adjustable and easy to put on a keychain, chain or necklace etc
Good all round whistle and a must have for training along with the clicker
Published 22 months ago by Tallyg

5.0 out of 5 stars He best, truly 'silent' whistle, 6 Jan. 2013
A. Wilcher (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acme Original and Genuine Silent Dog Whistle (Misc.)
Very well made - quite superior to all others (and I've purchased one of every brand available). Pitch adjustment is positive and ultra-high frequency render this whistle virtually silent (unless one has very young and sensitive ears) and at position 2, is silent to most humans. but carries very well far beyond Acme's specs. and gets instant response every time. The only dog whistle I will recommend. Worth nevery extra penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars acme silent dog whistle, 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Acme Original and Genuine Silent Dog Whistle (Misc.)
I read lots of different reviews before purchasing this whistle, not all of them favourable but I decided to get it anyway. I love it. True, when it's on the loudest setting it is possible to hear a high pitched noise but on lower settings it can't be heard. It's impossible to lose the top off the whistle because it's attached by a chain. It's well made, compact and it works. My dog hears it from a long way away and comes running. More to the point, even though you can hear it slightly when on full setting no one else can - except the dog. The last whistle I had everyone could hear. I would recommend this product most definitely.

5.0 out of 5 stars IS ACTUALLY SILENT. Just what I wanted., 30 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Acme Original and Genuine Silent Dog Whistle (Misc.)
One of life's annoyances is when sellers imagine that the rest of us are au fait with their jargon, such as, "Silent Dog Whistle" that it turns out is not silent, and then you see the small print something like "Please note that these whistles are called "Silent" as a generic term and are still audible to the human ear" - i.e. we're using a perfectly normal word to sell something that's in fact the opposite, but "in common with" etc etc. How many returns non-silent "Silent whistle" sellers have to deal with is beyond me.

However, CONGRATS to this seller - this is actually inaudible to me and shuts the neighbour's dog up a treat. Thanks for selling something with an accurate description! 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars This whistle works!, 29 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Acme Original and Genuine Silent Dog Whistle (Misc.)
Update on this whistle. Now the dogs have returned to my neighbours house with their incessant barking I find, up to now, this is the answer. It is virtually silent on very high but it stops the barking. So I don't think they like it at all. Doesn't harm them so I'm very happy with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty pretty good, 21 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Acme Original and Genuine Silent Dog Whistle (Misc.)
The best dog whistle yet. Seems to be of solid construction and the whistle which comes closest to being truly silent. Not completely silent to relatively young human ears though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 16 Mar. 2013
M. H. Little "Rachel" (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acme Original and Genuine Silent Dog Whistle (Misc.)
Although this whistle is more expensive than other 'silent' whistles on the market, this one really is worth the extra.
It's very substantial and won't unscrew or come apart, like some others I've tried.
More importantly, it is actually SILENT - unlike many others on the market today which are sold as 'silent', but are not. This is the 6th one I've bought so far and I was beginning to think I'd never be able to find a proper silent one, so it's a relief to find that this whistle IS genuinely silent and - in my opinion - worth every penny.

I'm now able to call my dogs in at night without upsetting the neighbours - what a relief!

4.0 out of 5 stars I was beyond delighted by the results, 6 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Acme Original and Genuine Silent Dog Whistle (Misc.)
Worked wonders for my neighbourhood dogs. They were driving everyone insane with their constant barking, especially in the late evenings, and the owners were ignoring them. So I turned to this as a last desperate resort, not really expecting any miracles.
I was beyond delighted by the results!
Everytime they start barking I stand by the window and gave it a few blasts. it took a few weeks but the dogs learnt and they stop almost instantly when they hear it. They key is consistancy, you must use it every time you hear the barking and cover all the required frequencies for the different sized dogs.
The higher frequences are truly silent and work brilliantly for the small dogs, the larger dogs tended to need the lower frequencies, which are audiable.
Great range, easy to adjust, very effective.

My one complaint is that the whistle cover tends to get stuck and needs some force to remove sometimes. Not really a major problem and it doesn't hinder the efficiency of the product, but it can be a slight annoyance.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality - plain and simple, 27 Dec. 2013
Cdr Geoffrey Coles "Geoff" (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acme Original and Genuine Silent Dog Whistle (Misc.)
bought for my son for his new puppy (gundog) -- same model as I bought for myself 8 years ago. Side by side difficult to tell apart but one has been worn and used every day. My dog responds instantly even in high winds and at 200 to 300 yds. Much better than plastic whistles for £4 ish. One case of getting what you pay for

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent dog whistle, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Acme Original and Genuine Silent Dog Whistle (Misc.)
At last a silent dog whistle that actually works...well almost. I cant hear, but my two dogs and my partner can! My dogs ears prick up instantly... my partner said he can just hear hear it, but only just, he has got excellent hearing though! I'm actually training my dogs successfully without making any noise, it's really satisfying... love it...They are already fairly well trained so it's pretty easy, but the whistle makes it effertless. Great whistle, finally!

5.0 out of 5 stars great whistle, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Acme Original and Genuine Silent Dog Whistle (Misc.)
With a short trial and error, I found the right sound that the dogs respond to. Works a treat! Bit stiff taking the cover off, but at least it won't come off unless I want it to.

Acme Original and Genuine Silent Dog Whistle