Price:£20.29+ Free shipping

on 12 February 2014
First time I have used something like this, always thought of it as a bit of a gimmick, but saw it recommended by Big Brandon Carter on Youtube and decided to give it a shot.

Construction is very durable, elbow pads are extremely comfortable. Neck strap/pad looks a tad flimsy but the whole thing is lightweight enough that I don't see it being a problem.

So I have been using this for a few weeks now and my bicep workout has massively improved. I always had good form but the great benefit of using the Bicep Isolator is twofold. Firstly, I can now go even heavier and still maintain (even stricter) form and secondly, I have found it really helpful when controlling the 'negatives' of the curl.

Overall I am very happy with the purchase. That said, I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for complete beginners.(to weight training). People are always looking for 'quick fixes' and the bottom line is that you still need to put the time and effort into training. But for those who already spend the time working out, but have maybe plateau'd in their bicep development, I think this would be a worthwhile purchase.
on 14 January 2011
You can really feel the difference performing barbell curls with this isolator.
You have to spend a bit of time getting the length of the strap right, otherwise I found it dug into my ribcage or chest, but it's worth it.

It gives maximum return for your hard work, and I noticed a difference after just a couple of weeks of use.
on 13 January 2014
I read Arnold's book that's why I got this. For such a simple bit of kit every gym should have one, you will feel it after two sets which a much lower weight. It stops you cheating on the curls. You can rock forward still obviously but because the elbows are fixed the only way the weight will move is by using the biceps so none of this roll the shoulders or chest into it to help you out. Helps on tricep pull downs on cable machines as well. once again just stops your elbows moving and bringing any other muscles into play. The only downer is the strap is a bit naff. It's a bit flimsy and the padded portion for the neck is wafer thin. But doesn't affect you using it. I'm glad I got it. No problems with the seller got it quick enough
on 17 August 2013
The neck padding can only be described as at best laughable and at worst woefully inadequate. It is the flimsiest of padding, a really, really, REALLY thin piece of neoprene that can easily tear and you end of using a small towel instead. I accidentally found that when I forgot to use it and was using the barbell AND dumbbells that, if I kept my elbows tight against my side I got the SAME effect as the isolator which made me question why i bought it the first place.

Once you get the length of the straps sorted out correctly feel free to enjoy the detangling toe nylon straps from the buckle as they too are super thin. Was it a decent buy... not really, would I recommend... not at all...
on 13 March 2014
I needed a bicep isolator for standing curls at the home gym and golds was the only way to go. Arnie must be responsible for selling millions of these things as he certainly was an influence! The metal part is thick and sturdy and the elbow pads are a good dense foam. The quality ends there though. The strap and neck pad are pretty rubbish. Neck pad is so thin that it really doesn't achieve much other than to stop the itchy strap touching your skin. The strap feels cheap. It does the job, and it isn't like it needs to hold much weight, but it takes away from the otherwise quality feeling product.
on 24 January 2015
'Padding' is a very thin, low quality neoprene-type material- not really worth having it there as it's more of an annoyance and has no benefit and with the strap, as others have mentioned is a joke- it does the job, that's it.

The Isolator itself is solid, the Golds Gym branding is only a sticker, I'm sure the Bicep isolators available for far cheaper are exactly the same product only with a less reputable name on the sticker, seems a bit like a joke for them to be palming this off at a 'premium'.
on 26 November 2015
I got the Bicep Isolator last week. It's solid with a simple neck support and has padded elbow supports. Gold's Gym have a good rep and this certainly lives up to that. But.....on with the review...

It's pretty amazing really how simple this product is and what it can actually achieve....

I have read various reviews and some people have mentioned that you can do the same thing just by doing Concentration Curls.

Really? Well, propping your arm up against your knee, bent over, isn't really a very natural position and also the body is quite pliable; you'll be very surprised how much it can 'give'. Meanwhile, pop on the Bicep Isolator and fix it in the right position, for you the user, and you'll have something really solid to push against. Standing up or sitting down on a bench your body's in a better position.....

I've used it on 3 workouts now and I must say that the lengthening of the bicep muscle, in extension, is so much better. You feel it more. You get a better range of motion with PERFECT technique.......and that's just going to mean better results at the end of the day....

But listen, it's up to you really. I tend to think that if it's good enough for Arnold it's certainly good enough for me!

:-)
on 26 August 2014
Well I brought this product after reading the reviews and approached this item with a open mind and thought it might have been a gimmick.

After using this for a few weeks, it lived up to the hype. It has helped me improve my form greatly and is a great purchase, having lent to a friend who works out at home. He has now bought one.
on 25 November 2011
This item really helps isolate your biceps and keep good form, great for increasing the loading on the muscle.
Its easy to let your arms move to much and throw you body into freestanding curls, this simple bit of kit holds your arms in a locked position so all the force needs to come from your biceps.
Straight away me and my friends noticed the difference and it becomes harder to complete a full workout with the same weight/reps/sets.
The only small downside is you have to work bilateral so both arms at the same time otherwise the bar moves across your chest.
on 28 October 2013
As a training aid, it will improve technique if your tendency is to swing the bar. The tough plastic, or maybe fiberglass, isolator is substantial and attractively logo-ed, making the main body of the isolator reassuring in appearance.

However, I'm with other reviewers in criticizing the quality of the strap. The strap is made from the same cheap nylon used for budget guitar straps. It cannot be adjusted in use and is fixed to the body of the isolator in a way that causes it to twist like the DNA helix. The pad that is supposed to cushion the neck is inadequate and uncomfortable in use. You might need to use a towel under the pad to avoid it pressing into your flesh.

theloxleycountryclub will recommend this product because it achieves it's designed purpose. Just be aware that the quality of the strap and neck pad WILL disappoint.