5.0 out of 5 stars A Terrific Read
Having just finished Steve Berry's The Third Secret and being really impressed with it I decided to read this one straight away. It is a thing I normally never do, read two books by the same author straight after one another, because I am constantly comparing the two books in my mind and it takes away some of the freshness of the novel.

The Templar Legacy is in...
Published on 1 Sep 2006 by J. Chippindale

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but nothing special
I've been intrigued by the Rennes-le-Chateau story ever since I saw Henry Lincoln's Chronicle programme on the subject so I'm always interested to see what new insights/twists writers can add to an already twisted story.

This is the first Steve Berry book I've read and it turns out to be a pretty straightforward thriller, not quite so hectically paced as Dan...
Published on 30 Nov 2012 by Carol Evelin

5.0 out of 5 stars A Terrific Read, 1 Sep 2006
This review is from: The Templar Legacy (Paperback)

The Templar Legacy is in the same mould as The Third Secret, but there the comparison ends. The book is a gutsy suspense story and makes no apologies for being so. The writing is I feel better than Dan Brown's, although that is not a criticism of Mr. Brown. I enjoyed the Da Vinci Code and Digital Fortress enormously.

Whenever a book is said to contain mysterious codes or people having to trace back to ancient cults and religions, as with the Templars, readers tend to lump them with the Da Vinci Code, but this book stands tall on its own plot and the writing expertise of Steve Berry. I can only recommend it. I am sure you will enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars a page turner - the very best I read for a long time, 23 July 2006
Amelrode (Vilvoorde) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Templar Legacy (Paperback)
I had already read and enjoyed two of Steve Berry's thrillers but the Templar Legacy really outshines them. Steven Berry had become better and better with each of his novels. From page one the reader gets hooked and swept into the story. There is not a single moment of boredom waiting for you, the story develops sytematically and the surprises are not coming out of the blue. The personalities are well descripted and one feels very comfortable with them. One can understand. The message is powerful too. Till the very last the tension is kept.

While reading I was reading this book I was always annoyed when I had to stop... It is a real page turner and the best book I have read for a long time. My only regret: it had to cme to an end! Thanks very much Mr Berry for the thrilling time yu gave me.

I would love to have given it more than 5 stars....

You will enjoy this book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A RIVETING THRILLER..., 25 Aug 2007
Lawyeraau (Balmoral Castle) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Templar Legacy (Paperback)
Once again, this author had me enthralled with his mélange of historical fiction, adventure, and suspense. As I have long had an interest in the Knights Templar, this book had me from the beginning, hook, line, and sinker. I was riveted. The plot is centered on the search for the reputed missing treasury of the Knights Templar, as well as an ancient Templar archive known as the Great Devise, which may conflict with accepted Christian dogma. While, as with others of the author's books, the plot may seem a bit far-fetched, it does not diminish the entertainment value of this work of fiction.

The book's central character, Cotton Malone, is a former operative for the United States government, now retired and living in Copenhagen, Denmark, where he operates a rare book store. When he is visited by his former boss, Stephanie Nelle, Cotton finds himself embroiled in the middle of a mystery that has lain dormant for centuries. It appears that the Knights Templar, long thought to have ceased to exist after they were exterminated in the fourteenth century, are alive and well and headed by a fanatic in pursuit of those clues that will lead them to the Great Devise, as well as the lost treasury of the Knights Templar of old. Ms. Nelle is believed by them to have some of the clues that will lead to that which is being sought.

Intermixed with the action and adventure is a good amount of information on the history of the Knights Templar, as well as the contradictions amongst the various Gospels in terms of the Resurrection. As with the author's other books, there are many twists and turns in the tale, which makes for a fast-paced, exciting story that is sure to grip the reader. Although the book is wholly plot driven, the short shrift given to character development does not diminish the capacity of this book to entertain the reader, so strong is the story line, which is quite complex and downright ingenious. I found myself compulsively turning the pages of this book, until the very last one was turned. Those readers who enjoyed Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code", as well as "Angels and Demons", will enjoy this intricately plotted thriller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly Recommended, 8 Jun 2006
Amazon Customer "Sue K" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Templar Legacy (Paperback)
I came across this book by accident and I'm glad I did. This isn't another so-so conspiracy story written in the Da Vinci Code vein. This is an intelligent, well researched book with strong characterisations and is actually centred on the enigma surrounding Berenger Sauniere. The story takes place in and around Rennes le Chateau. It's a good yarn that won't disappoint and in my opinion outshines Dan Brown's book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your average da Vinci Code copy, 24 Mar 2006
Taffy S. Todd (Greensboro, Vermont United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Templar Legacy (Paperback)
I was fortunate enough to be able to read an advance reader's copy of this. I expected a da Vinci clone but I was wrong. This is a story that stands on its own and is very exciting. The action is continuous but not over done. The connection between scholars researching Rennes-le-Chateau and the remaining members of the order of the Templars is lots of fun and keeps the pages turning well into the night. The story starts in Copenhagen then travels to the Languedoc region in France. I found it entirely satisfying and intend to buy a copy for myself when it comes out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Jun 2007
This review is from: The Templar Legacy (Paperback)
This was simply excellent. The author has done exhaustive research on this topic, and has merged historical fact and contemporary fiction in a way that makes for easy and enjoyable reading, unlike many other writers in this genre. His characters are real, three-dimensional human beings; his dialogue sparkles and the plot makes pretty good sense. I very much look forward to reading his other books. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Terrific Read, 17 Mar 2007
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Templar Legacy (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Terrific Read, 12 Mar 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 19 Mar 2007
Douglas Traill (Edinburgh, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Templar Legacy (Paperback)
Adventure about the race to uncover the secrets and treasure of the Knights Templar.

A fictional story based on facts that is a real page turner. Have read several reviews that compared this work to The DaVinci Code, but have to say that Steve Berry's writing is far superior to that of Dan Brown. This was the first book that I have read by this author, but based on this I will definately be reading more of his work.

Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars More tales of two men on a horse, 13 Aug 2007
I. B. Pitbladdo "jacandian" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Templar Legacy (Paperback)
I've read and enjoyed all Steve Berry's novels, however, I didn't think THE THIRD SECRET was as good as the others.
I'm happy to say that THE TEMPLAR LEGACY marks a return to the authors previous form. He has taken what has become an overworked theme and injected a little freshness, not easy when it's all been said before.