5.0 out of 5 stars Back to her writing roots at last!
With this and Emma's secrets Barbara has done what I hoped she would for years given us more of the Hartes and their story. She has gone back to her writing roots and once again it has substance and feeling. You feel you are there with the characters, with the addition of a well known recent event she has kept up with the times while not going over the top.
I had...
Published on 23 Aug 2004 by sharonpiddock

3.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite!
I first read this author in 1985 when I enjoyed her first novel `A Woman of Substance'
I read a couple more titles in the early 90's and then nothing more until 2005 when I read `Where You Belong'
Published on 11 July 2007 by LindyLouMac

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to her writing roots at last!, 23 Aug 2004
This review is from: Unexpected Blessings (Hardcover)
I had stopped reading her books for awhile they had lost their grit now its back and I cant wait for the next installment. If you read Woman of Substance you wont be disappointed. I didnt want to put either of the recent books down.

3.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite!, 11 July 2007
This review is from: Unexpected Blessings (Paperback)
I recently came across this title, her 20th and decided that it was worth reading. The continuing story of the Harte Dynasty started in `A Woman of Substance', more than twenty years ago.

She still writes an enjoyable tale that keeps you turning the pages. I certainly enjoyed catching up with Emma Hartes family in the early years of the 21st century now her great granddaughters, Evan, Tessa, Linnet and India are passionate and volatile young women.
Not a challenging read but if you enjoy a good family saga then this is for you. There is even a list of all the clan members to help you keep track of the many characters.

2.0 out of 5 stars Enough is enough, 25 Mar 2011
This review is from: Unexpected Blessings (Emma Harte Series Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
Essentially, this is a story about a rich family. None of the characters are particularly engaging. There are a few twists and turns along the way but nothing out of the ordinary and certainly, not of the calibre of 'A Woman of Substance'. If you are a fan, don't continure with the saga with these sequels, they will disappoint at every turn.

What is amusing however, is the amount of champagne drunk. Every time one family member visits another, they are offered a glass of champagne as though its a cup of tea!

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel the Love, 30 July 2014
B.T. Bradford never ceases to deliver. She is magical when she when she uses the secret of writing, 'Show don't Tell'
Not only do I recognise the characters as old friends, but visiting their homes /mansions not only makes me tingle with excitement but also makes me feel at home and very welcome. One thing Yorkshire and Lancashire people do so well.

Not only have I read all her books, I have also seen the movies, Can't wait for the next book. After a very very busy day , this is my moment.

2.0 out of 5 stars What a let down!, 30 Oct 2014
Sadly all the poor reviews are justified for this book. It is boring, the plot is weak and it is very badly written and edited. I agree with the comments about chicken in the pot and references to the heroine wearing a trouser suit! No one wore a trouser suit at the time the book was set in, least of all a stylish young woman!
Unless you have read the previous Emma Harte books don't bother with this one at all. Fans of the series will probably buy it just to read the complete set.

5.0 out of 5 stars BTB, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Unexpected Blessings (Paperback)
Ex value for cost - a cheap way to have a good read with a real 'book' in your hand

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 15 Mar 2014
It's intertwining you can follow the story and y don't want to put it down
Life and family realistic story

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 5 Mar 2014
I would recommend this book to all Barbara taylor bradfords re4aders good reade could not put it down will read it again this year

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 11 Feb 2014
Thoroughly enjoyable read would recommend this book to friends and family. It engaged my interest and I couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmissable!, 9 Feb 2014
Excellent. Still haven't finished reading the book but when I take it up, I can't put it down. Barbara Taylor Bradford always delivers the best.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Unexpected Blessings (Emma Harte Series Book 5)