5.0 out of 5 stars A jacket for all seasons, 8 Mar 2013
Feral (North Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
Bought one of these 3+ years ago and it's the best functional jacket I own - I use it every day. Lightweight, breathable and warm. Not totally waterproof in a deluge of really heavy rain though - some creeps through the side zips, however for normal UK weather (cold & wet) it's fine.

Get the layers right and you can use it throughout the year; the only exception would be a boiling hot summer day.. when do we get those! You can fit a fleece underneath for winter, however I usually wear it with a base layer, maybe a bodywarmer if it's really cold. It's designed to be worn for activities where you're on the move, so if you're standing around in very cold temps you will feel the chill. The fabric is 2 layered, an outer waterproof one, and an inner breathable one that acts like fur so you don't overheat. The outer layer is not thorn-proof, however if you tear it Paramo will repair it (for a price).

The large front pocket is really useful, there's zipped hand warmer pockets inside and the hood stows away under the collar. Hood is nicely adjustable, and the peak keeps heavy rain off your face. Velcro touch and close cuffs can be cinched in to keep wrists draught-free in winter, and when you need to the sleeves can be pushed up above elbows too.

You can fasten a rucksack belt through the side vent zip area and still use the zips, as they are 2-way. The only thing I would wish for in this jacket is a slightly longer overall body length. When it rains it runs off the jacket onto your thighs - an excuse to buy the Paramo trousers!

Mountain Rescue wear these. Enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 3 May 2011
Kathryn Humpage (Daventry) - See all my reviews
I've been looking at these jackets for over 3 years. I'm so very happy I finally got one. It fits very well, I can get an under shirt and a micro fleece on with ease. It keeps the wind out an you still feel warm. The way the hood stows away to make the collar stand high. Well made, no loose threads. Have been able to log the jacket on line for it's guarentee. Should have got the jacket a long time ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best money spent - quality weatherproof smock, 8 Oct 2013
Bought this smock as am not one for being hemmed in with a cumbersome jacket, but wanting protection from the elements when walking in the hills. I was not disappointed as a recent trip for a few days walking in The dark Peak proved, with heavy downpours the Paramo Velez smock kept me dry and mostly warm, I say mostly as towards the end of the walk I did feel a bit chilly and damp and wondered if due to very heavy downpour it had leaked slightly. When I removed it not at all, quiet dry...just think it was from the weight of the rain, and maybe a little sweat. Loved the hood and the great view from it, easy to see. And dried very quickly after use. Fantastic and worth every penny. Definitely recommend to anyone wanting lightweight, comfy, good visibility (with hood up), warm and most importantly dry outer garment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfortable, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Páramo Velez Adventure Ladies Smock (Sports Apparel)
Not tested it in full-on downpours yet, but for the rest, it's incredibly comfortable, doesn't feel bulky like most waterproofs, and also doesn't feel slimy when worn against the skin over just a tshirt. The hand warmer pockets take a bit of getting used to, but do work. I do find the cuff fastenings fiddly as you're constantly adjusting them as you need to undo them to put on or take off the jacket. But I like the ability to roll up the sleeves up due to them being unfastenable.

5.0 out of 5 stars feels like walking in a tent!, 18 Feb 2014
I purchased this parimo valez light jacket, a few months ago ready for walking Wainrights coast to coast, I have walked many miles in all kinds of weather and have found this jackets performance exceptional, when it rains I feel like I am walking in a tent, dry, unrestricted and windproof. I walk fast and find this jacket breathable with no feeling of claggy sweatyness. Just wish I had seen it at this price on Amazon as I paid forty quid more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very functional jacket, 21 Aug 2013
I was delighted to find this jacket at a reduced price on Amazon. I was a bit worried about the sizing, but I am a size 14, and the medium size fitted me with enough room for a fleece underneath.
Everything about this jacket smells of quality, the zips, the hood etc. I have some Paramo trousers which are great, and it has taken me along time to bite the bullet and buy a jacket. Wish I had done so sooner.
Ideally for those who don't like 'crispy' fabric. This offers comfort and movement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great front pocket design where I can keep my phone ..., 26 Oct 2014
Great front pocket design where I can keep my phone and keys while I'm cycling without taking an extra backpack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best walking top for me, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: Páramo Velez Adventure Ladies Smock (Sports Apparel)
Fantastic top, comfortable, waterproof and flexible venting. Love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect walking wear, 20 Nov 2012
This was perfect for a recent walking week in Scotland. comfy and practical to wear. Kept me dry in the most adverse conditions. The arms are a little long for me but not a problem....just kept my hands warm and dry and easy to roll back. Love it.