on 31 December 2009
I adored this song from the first time I heard it! I am Echelon through and through, but was really scared I would hate 30STM new stuff, but this is pure bliss! It's uplifting, powerful and a lot fo fun to sing along to loudly.
on 20 September 2012
The CD was perfectly packaged and in excellent condition and was played as soon as it was unwrapped. No scratches or any defects. Perfect.
on 13 October 2009
Having loved 30STM's first two albums and having waited for what seems like FOREVER for "This is War", I couldn't wait to hear the first single from the album, so I toddled off to the link that was sent out with their newsletter and clicked on "stream" with great amounts of nervous anticipation. After a couple of minutes, I started to wonder if I was listening to an old-school U2 song, as it sounds incredibly similar, the main difference being that Jared Leto has a prettier voice than Bono. After one listen, I was disappointed, but later that day I considered that I might've been harsh, so I went back and listened again, about another half a dozen times and I was still disappointed, though maybe not as much, as I started to notice bits I hadn't noticed on first-listen...
... I like the fact they the band involved fans in the track, as part of their "summits", I like the fact that they're involving their fans in making the video (too bad I live about 6,000 miles away from LA)... I'm just hoping that this isn't the "best" song from the album.

I know that frontman Jared Leto wanted the album to take a different direction than their previous two outings, but what I don't want to see is them take such a big step away from their usual style, that they end up alienating their fans.

N.B.: I initially gave this song three stars, but went and changed it to four, just because as a rule 30STM ROCK and I am a massively humungous fan.
on 29 June 2013
Great music from a fab band, a definite must for any fan of these guys..
I recommend them to anyone who likes good music...
on 12 October 2009
This song is amazing, if you love 30 Seconds to Mars, youll love this, even if youre not you'll still love this! This song is awesome, has everything from birds, to 'U2 esque' guitars, and Jared amazing vocals, as well as little help from his friends at the end. This is a must buy!