Price:£9.99+ Free shipping

VINE VOICEon 27 January 2013
I bought these gloves in preparation for a trip to Finland, where an extra layer is really necessary for winter activities such as husky sledding, and after-dark activities such as viewing the Northern Lights. However, they are useful too for activities in the UK - amongst other things I do forestry and land operations, in all weather conditions. Whilst I don't wear these under my chainsaw gloves, I do use them under the gauntlet-type gloves that I use the rest of the time. That includes whilst doing maintenance in the freezing cold workshop in winter, as I can dash between the workshop and the (not quite as cold) office, just pulling off my gauntlets, but with these liners still on then being able to type at a computer keyboard.

The thing that a couple of reviewers seem to have missed, is that these are liner gloves. Whilst they can be used on their own, in cold temperatures you really want another glove over the top.

I've taken one star off because of the "one size fits all" not being ideal. I find that they are a little loose and crinkle up along the back of the hand and around the base of the palm of my hand. Personally, I'd find it useful if they were a colour that is easier to spot in the poor light conditions where these are likely to be used - it doesn't have to be high-visibility orange, but something other than black would be good. Other than that, they are very good.

Recommended.
on 11 December 2010
These gloves are excellent, I wear them on their own & despite how thin they are, being Merino wool they keep your hands warm. Even when it's raining and they get wet they still keep your hands warm. When the temperatures fell well below freezing recently I wore them under a pair of fleece gloves & they were amazingly snug & warm. I like how small they fold up, easy to tuck into a pocket or the smallest of bags. Even though they are described as base layers I have used them as normal wool gloves.
on 24 November 2011
Great Base layer for my Gortex gloves, my hands stay warm in freezing temps I recommend these for under your ski glove too
on 12 March 2010
I got these gloves as a baselayer for cycling. Up until now I always had cold fingers when temperatures dropped below 5 degs C and needed a solution. These gloves, used under a thin windproof outer glove, are superb for me. They also have the added benefit of stopping the damp and clammy feel I used to get after a few hours riding when inevitably sweat would build up, especially on hard rides. The ultimate comment is that I no longer worry about, or even notice, cold fingers on my rides and I cant say more than that.

The only reason I didnt give them 5 stars was that they are slightly thicker than I expected. I have some merino baselayer clothing and its really thin. I expected the gloves to be the same, but they are the same thickness as a typical 'old style' knitted wool glove. Not an issue unless you need to have gloves as thin as a silk liner.

Highly recommended
on 16 January 2013
Merino wool almost has mystical properties when it comes to keeping you warm. Remember that these are liner gloves so if there is a wind then you will feel it through the gloves unless you have got outer gloves on too. Once you have those outer gloves on though it feels as though they have been uprated if you have the merino liner gloves on below. Very pleased with these.
on 9 November 2012
These do make a big difference. I ride a motorcycle and, as all motorcyclists know, a way to stop your hands turning into novelty ice-cubes is pretty much the holy grail. With motorcycle gloves it's often a balancing act between armour and insulation - too much of each and you can't feel the bike's controls. These glove liners fill that gap perfectly. They're obviously not waterproof, but under even a light leather (or whatever) glove they are seriously warm. In simple terms: these turn light spring gloves into heavy winter gloves. For cyclists, motorcyclists, and pretty much anyone with cold hands: highly recommended.
on 22 January 2013
I needed to keep my hands warm on cold winter evening cycle rides. Tried all sorts of other options but these, worn under a pair of normal winter cycle gloves, did the trick - Merino wool rocks! Mistakenly put them through a hot tumble dryer cycle so they are now even more snug :-)
on 31 October 2011
great gloves.

arrived quickly and promptly.
May need another pair of thick gloves on top for very very cold weather
on 18 February 2013
Was looking some winter gloves for cycling, but having read a recommendation online I settled for these to go under my usual leather cycling gloves. Warm, snug but thin, I really can't fault them even on the coldest January/February days.
on 12 August 2013
I bought them to improve the warmth of my hands when wearing my gloves.
However, my hands were no warmer when wearing the liners.
Waste of money!!