on 24 August 2011
We love brainbox, it's unusual to find a new game which is educational and interesting enough to convince children that they're not learning, just having fun! We have played this as a family since my son was 3 and it's really helping him with learning the alphabet. It also includes sounds on some cards like 'gr' and 'sh' which is great. We let him read the card for every player which means he has more practice with the sounds than if he just did his own. I'm going to get him a different one for Christmas and I'm sure we'll all enjoy it.
on 26 May 2010
Our 4 year old grandson loves this game and we play it often. Each card in the box shows various things beginning with the same one, two or three letters. On taking out your card you have to study all the things on the front of the card and take note of everything you see. Matthew needs help to see and note all the things on the card, enjoys the shake of the dice and usually comes up with the correct answer. Obviously, at 4 years old, he also needs help reading the questions for other people. The questions are on the back of the cards so it dosn't matter if you help to read out your own question, you still have to remember the front!
on 5 January 2012
My 4 year old is enjoying this and has played with 6 and 8 year olds who also enjoy, so think it has wide age appeal. The questions are not obvious, e.g. What is the background colour of the card and how many leaves on the flower, so is more challenging than you would imagine ( a good thing). Even without being able to read it is possible to play. Especially like that it is a short game which is perfect for little ones with short attention spans, a 15 to 19 card game is perfect.
on 28 August 2010
I was looking for something to travel with, even though the box is a little bulky (I actually put every thing in a ziplock bag to travel with on the plane). This was brilliant entertainment and could be played on the fold out plan table. My daughter was engrossed and loved the challenge of remembering and was very proud of herself when she did. At first we didn't use the timer but gradually introduced it to the point where she now insists on it. Hightly recommend for entertainment and education.
on 28 February 2012
Simple games which are fantastic for young children to play. Require no set up and rules are very easy, can play anywhere for any length of time and help with recall skills. Love these games!
These cards are bright, colorful and interesting. Starting with the single letter of the alphabet they then move on to two letter sounds like "sp," "tw," etc. Each card has 4-5 objects starting with the letter/letters shown. 52 cards in all. SO as well as improving memory skills they also help with reading.

Although a timer and dice come in the box, they are really not needed. We always do this one on one with each child. They spend a 30-60 seconds looking at the front of the card and then as a parent, we ask the 6 questions presented on the back.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
on 2 July 2012
I am extremely pleased with this product. It's a wonderful game to play with my 4 year old son who is in his first year at school. It's helped with his concentration skills and he feels really proud when he get's an answer right. It's pitched perfectly for the 4-6 age range in my view and great for adults too. I'm planning on playing it with my parents on a family holiday as they often worry about their memory skills- this game may or may not put their mind at rest!
VINE VOICEon 9 December 2014
I bought this a while ago for my 5 year old Grandson, and initially I thought, "oh dear I've made a mistake", but once we read the instructions and started to play we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course I had to read the question out as my Grandson is just starting to read so there were some difficult words he couldn't handle.

This is a toy which will still be enjoyed for a few more years to come.
on 17 February 2013
My 4 and 5 year old had as much fun as my husaband and I with this game.

So simple but you're dying for your next go so you can pit yourself against your memory. A game for genuine fun for all the family whilst you are secretly pleased its helping your kids memory at the same time.

We played this through a week of chicken pox and it kept us all happy & sane !
on 16 October 2013
Purchased for a five-year-old to help her learn English, which is her second language. She enjoys looking at the cards and talking about the pictures, and asks to play with them each evening at bedtime. This game can be played at different levels so will last for a few years.
Very good quality product.