on 27 March 2011
I bought this for the Bekshire MS Therapy Centre to use in the Internet Cafe area. Our members have been delighted with it, especially as some of them find using a mouse difficult. I bought a flexible support arm with it to enable the screen to be moved closer to the user, as some of our users are in wheelchairs. The multi-touch capability works well with Windows 7, although not many applications yet make good use of it.

The screen needs Windows 7 to support the muti-touch capability and it is best to make icons and text as large as possible. Selecting items can be awkward at the corners of the screen and the screen is not quite as responsive as the touch screen on a modern phone. (Hence the 4 stars rather than 5).
on 13 November 2012
Windows 8 really needs a touch-screen monitor to get the most out of it. My old monitor wasn't touch-screen, nor was it capable of playing Hi-Definition Blu-Ray files. I made the decision to change it when I downloaded Windows 8 & buy a new one with HD & touch-screen features.

I didn't want to spend a fortune, so I bought the Iiyama T2250MTS at around £220. This was the most cost-effective monitor I could find, & it received some favourable reviews on this website. Mine came from Germany & took a week to get here, but it was worth the wait.

The monitor comes with all the required leads, including a 1 metre long USB cable for the touch-screen input. Installation was a breeze & it did not require calibration. The display is very bright & well defined at 1920 x 1080. Unlike my previous monitor, there are no discernible dead pixels, at least where it counts most. Although there is audio on this monitor, it sounds worse than an old 1960's transistor radio & should only be used as a last resort.

Colour & image stability are very good, Refresh rate is 60Hz, which is fine. The monitor has a highly polished screen, which can cause reflective problems, so be careful where you place it. Mine is not in an area where lights or sunlight have much of an effect, but if you're used to a matte screen monitor, you will notice the glare on this one.

The monitor comes with a built-in pen for the touch-screen, which is a nice little thought by the manufacturer. All the controls are at the front & are easy to use. There isn't an HDMI input, but it doesn't need this anyway, as full 1080 HD comes as standard. The contrast ratio leaves a bit to be desired, but at this price point it's still pretty good & doesn't detract too much from the overall performance. Reliability is something that I can only comment on through time, but I will update this review if there are any issues.

If you want a good, cost-effective monitor, this one seems to fit the bill very well.
77 comments|14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 May 2011
We needed a replacement EPOS system and decided to configure our own components. Touchscreen was required and this seemed one of the best options however I was surprised how good a monitor it is as well as having the touchscreen capability. TIP if you need a driver for Windows XP go to the Ilyama German website where they have a Beta version that works fine.
on 6 August 2012
I run two of these, purchased at the same time on a windows 7 box. Works great with great sharp picture, colours are nice, bright and strong.

As someone else said though, fingerprints are a nightmare when the screens are OFF but this is only minor.

Now the important bit, the contrast ratio is crap and this really makes gaming a nightmare. I am buying a 3rd 22" TS monitor (for use on the same box) but i'm hesitant to buy this because of this issue. Both Acer and Dell make much higher ratio monitors however, one is mounted much much lower to the desk and won't fit very well at all and the other, whilst sits higher, has a very ugly bezzle.

I guess, overall, its OK just sadly let down by that Contrast Ratio. If you're not gaming, its probably fine.
on 29 August 2012
I have always had a second monitor attached to my laptop and seeing the great price of this Iiyama monitor and wanting the touch screen benefits I bought one. The touch screen works well, the monitor is clear and crisp but.... I have to run my laptop with both screens displaying the same content to get the touch screen working. It works well but not much use to me if I cannot take advantage of two screens. I am hoping there is a way to tell the drivers that I want to interact on the second monitor. Hope that makes sense? Anyway, I will update this review if I manage to resolve this.
on 17 December 2012
This item is of very good quality looks and design. It is very stable and has good up and down side to side movement. The colour is great. I am very pleased with it.
on 20 December 2012
Excellent quality, sensitive touch screen and does everything it should do. Wonderful screen clarity and a dream to use.
Highly recommended
on 31 July 2012
Two words to start bloody brilliant. I had not heard of this company before but looked at the other reviews and took a chance and I'm not dissaponited great quaility picture touch screen is very responsive dead easy to set up I'm like a kid with a new toy and I'm 53 years old. It also arrived very quickly ahead of the stated time by a day very impressed with the service and would recomend this product and would certainly use the company again should the need arise very very impressed with the product.
on 14 December 2012
Very easy to use, It is used on Windows 8, and is the 1st Touch screen I have bought. -
on 3 February 2016
The touch screen functionality is amazing.
Many mice have been broken but the touch screen functionality has always come to the rescue.
Hold long enough and you have right click.
An on screen keyboard appears on windows 7.
Colours and sharpness are excellent