5.0 out of 5 stars I saw the Gruffalo and the Gruffalo was...good!
When I first heard that the Gruffalo was to be animated I was filled with a mixture of excitement and tredipidation. Like many other parents, I'm sure that I actually enjoy reading the book as much as (if not more than), my 3 year old loves hearing it and looking at the illustrations. In my mind, I know exactly how mouse, fox, owl and snake sound and, of course, the voice...
Published on 29 Dec. 2009 by John T

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on the book
Well, I seem to out of tune with nearly everyone here, but let's face it, this isn't a patch on the book. The story has a wonderful rhythm and momentum when read out loud, but here it is stretched and padded out so much to fill 30 minutes that it loses most of its charm, for me. The delivery is full of odd stresses and over-long pauses, which make it harder, rather than...
Published 23 months ago by Dezmundo

‹ Previous | 1 2 348 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a very good buy, 28 April 2010
This review is from: The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
My 2yr old little boy absolutely loves this dvd. We bought the book at the same time and read it every night at bedtime. He even joins in with some of the words. He is completly absorbed when watching this dvd and watched it twice the first time around without moving. I would say that this is a charming film that the whole family won't mind watching again and again. There are no additional words to the script and the drawings are true to the book. I will definitely be buying the gruffolo's child should they make that into a film in the same way. A fantastic find.

5.0 out of 5 stars A new classic, 16 May 2010
This review is from: The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Working in a library i had come across the book of this a hundred times, thought it was a pretty good story and would read it to children. When i heard it was being made for TV i was thrilled. I first watched it on telly at Christmas and was amazed at how well they had done converting it from book to tv. It is very faithful to the book, the animals look like they did in the book and the voice actors suit the characters perfectly. This will be one that children and adults alike will love and i feel will become a new classic. no one can get rid of the Grufallo!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gruffalo is great!, 28 Mar. 2010
This review is from: The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I paid full price for this dvd,not realsing that it's only about 25 mins long. I felt a bit daft for spending so much on such a short dvd. Until I watched. It's fantastic! The music is beautiful,the voices work really well. There's lots of little moments that make adults and children laugh out loud. I have 5 children, aged between 11 months and 13 years, they all have watched it repeatedly.

My 3 year old was already keen on the book. The dvd is even more magical though.

I may have to buy another copy soon. I can see the dvd we have being worn out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Mar. 2010
Tech 2.0 "impulsive gadget buyer" - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Fantastic animation and my nephew absolutely loves it. The animation os very good and the casting/voice acting is spot on! This is a short review as I can't really expand on it beyond the other reviews. If they like the gruffalo they'll like this! Would have preferred it to be longer than 25 mins, but at half price its ok. Would not ahve paid full price for 25 mins. But this is a small point and when considered does not detract form me awarding 5 stars!

Prompt service from Amazon as usual!

Like my review, please rate it!

5.0 out of 5 stars oh help! oh no! its a gruffalo!I, 2 Mar. 2010
Carole (birmingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I brought the Gruffalo and the Gruffalo's child for my 3 yr old grandson for Christmas, by chance this was on tv at the same time. We sat watching it, whilst "reading" the book. It stayed true to the book, which I had never read before. It is just a lovely animation, which kept him enthralled (nanny and granddad as well) My grandson adored it, it is now his favourite book at our house, along the the sequel. He adores the program as well, which we recorded. Just one problem, he keeps asking to watch the Gruffalo's child!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wonderful!, 20 Mar. 2010
Mrs. Marita Sheldon "twinmum" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I bought this DVD for my 2 year old twins who are huge fans of Julia Donaldson books, The Gruffalo being a particular favourite. I too love the book and was a little wary of this DVD in case it 'spoiled' the book for us all. Nothing could be further from the case! The adaption is carefully and cleverly done. The animation is just superb, as is the voice casting. We all watched it spellbound. I thoroughly recommend this and can only hope that 'The Gruffalo's Child' will be adapted next, hopefully in time for Christmas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 3 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
The books are wonderful and the dvd of 'The Gruffalo' is absolutely marvellous. It only lasts for about 30mins, but it captivates the attention and the imagination of your little one from start to finish. It is a modern masterpiece of animation and everything about it is spot-on from the drawings of the characters to the voices that they are given. Robbie Coltrane as the voice of the Gruffalo is fabulous. If you like the books - buy this dvd, you will love it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love The Gruffalo!!!!!, 24 Jan. 2010
Marcella G. (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
My two children, one aged 3 and the other, 21 months, love this animated film. I can often get on with many chores, while they both sit, angelic, in front of the TV.
They both love the books and browsing through the calendar!
I've even had to buy them a well known bookstore's giftcard which has The Gruffalo on it!!!!
Great casting, all the voices fit the characters perfectly, and the story is true to the book.
Brilliant!!!!!!!! Can't wait to receive this DVD!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab DVD, 31 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
What can I say? This is a wonderful DVD and true to the book. As an adult I enjoyed the section covering the making of the DVD, but nothing can describe the joyous moments I've had and continue to have with my 2 year old granddaughter each time we watch this film, which is just about twice a week for the past 11 months. I find that she is able to express many emotions through the film and what fun as well as special time we have together. Great Stuff!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 1 April 2010
Max (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
We have known and loved the book with our children for about 6 years and have watched and rewatched the DVD of the stage play until the disc almost wore through. We were slightly nervous before Christmas, when this new version was due to be on TV, but we needn't have worried - it's perfect! A lovely retelling of one of our favourite stories. And yes indeed Hagrid - sorry, Robbie Coltrane - is indeed a very fine Gruffalo. Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 348 | Next ›

The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009]
The Gruffalo [DVD] [2009] by Max Lang (DVD - 2010)