Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

Colour Name: Matches|Change
Price:£3.57+ Free shipping

on 4 September 2010
Well packaged and well priced these are a perfect to throw in your backpack/survival kit (depending on how hardcore you are!) if you're heading out doors. I road tested mine in high winds on a hillside in the lakes recently when i was well up for some lunch after 4hrs hiking... lit on first strike and burned despite the wind for about 10 seconds easily long enough to ignite the burner. Have yet to test in the rain however im confident they'd still perform. Great little buy
on 3 September 2012
We have used this quite a few times to light our Ghillie Kettle when out for the day and not once have they let us down. Wind howling, rain lashing down we still find they light easily and stay alight. They stay dry and snug in their pot and the striking area works whatever the weather, handy to keep in a pocket as lightweight and small.
on 22 February 2012
These matches do what they say on the tin, they're windproof and waterproof! Great matches, I can't fault their quality

One thing though is that the image of these matches make you believe that they're really big and thick matches, but in reality they're very thin and the same length as ordinary matches.

4 stars from me
on 28 October 2012
Fast delivery and a very good product for my fishing trips! Very handy for getting my cooking stove lit when wet and windy.
on 9 July 2013
These matches really are waterproof / windproof / bombproof... Just don't do what I did and light them in your classroom like I did. The whole of the upstairs stank and every teacher wandered round asking what was burning. They're great to have for wild camping and bushcraft.
on 16 August 2013
The matches will give you a chance to light your fire. They seem to ignite nicely but I am slightly dubious if they burn to the bitter end... drop it into the pile of wood, tinder or whatever and let the pyromania begin.
on 27 February 2013
These are great - they strike easily in virtually any conditions so are just perfect for camping/backpacking or other outdoor use. Be aware they are not 'strike anywhere' matches - they only work with the strikers included on their container (top and bottom - and I found I could peel one of them off and restick it elsewhere, which was handy for my purposes). Make sure you have a safe place to put the still-burning match after use - they take several seconds to burn out (you can't just blow out a windproof match!) and even when I dropped one in a cup of water it kept spitting and smoking fiercely until it was done!
on 8 September 2015
These are absolute beast! Windproof is an understatement, these thing just will not go out once lit, so be very careful not to light them in the house as they also smell very bad as I found out after I accidentally lit one up instead of a regular match.
I took these on my DofE Expeditions and they held up great, it's a one strike light and they are definitely windproof and waterproof as I carried out various tests on my Expedition!

Absolute bargain for any adventure guy and are outsadingly goo matches!
on 5 April 2013
Got these as a back up for fire lighting out on the hill in my emergancy kit. the container they are in is a bit to cumbersome to carry and takes up a fare bit of space for their use when space is tight in your pack. The stricker on the top of the bottle either comes off if got damp or wears out after three uses. The Matches do work in damp conditions though which is why i've stated they are ok. I think its down to what you want them for. For general use they work, for me a little disapointed.
on 15 June 2011
Product was delivered two days after ordering which was very impressive and packaged as you would expect.
The cap which is used for lighting the matches does get worn fairly quickly which is a slight negative, and after postage they are slightly expensive.
The matches are windproof and waterproof and exactly as you would expect.
Overall a good purchase if you need matches for camping etc. but you may want to consider a lighter.

See one answered question