Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change

on 18 May 2011
This is a good looking and sturdy product. It was easy to assemble and to secure in the garden. Once placed appropriately, the birds have flocked to it. So, what more could I have wanted?

Why o why is the food tray non-detachable from the pole without having to disassemble it?! The water tray is easily lifted from its support and cleaned/refreshed. The food tray, however, is welded to the bracket which is screwed tight to the pole. So how do you clean it properly? There should be either a bracket which allows the easy removal of the tray feature, or a removable dish, much like the water tray, which can be lifted out in a second.

To some, maybe a small quibble but it's essential to be able to keep the feeding area hygienic. It's all very well having the wild birds to look at, but there's a responsibility towards them as well, a fact not helped by the design flaw making the cleaning element a real hassle.
1313 comments|190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2011
Very pleased with the bird feeder. However I purchased two different feeders from two suppliers and found the other one came with all the feeder attachments supplied for the same price. Slightly dissappointed that I had to spend another £12 on receptacles to hold the bird seed and nuts.
on 7 October 2010
I ordered this two nights ago; and it was here first thing this morning! Wow; such speed!

This went together like a charm. Being a weak and wee woman; I put the stake into the ground; with a hammer and a block of wood; and built it from the ground up. It is a snap - easy to go together; and well constructed. It is stable; and functional - and just what the wee birds will feed for the coming winter. The feeders don't come with it; BUT the company selling this feeder pole; supply a number of them; and they deliver inside of 48 hours!! Can't wait for the birds to find it...Thanks
11 comment|128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 November 2011
One star might seem harsh, but I gave these people negative feedback and have since received an abusive email from them. I also have to try and offset the exuberance shown by my fellow birders:

Hygiene is very important for your birds. You do not want to feed them and give them diseases at the same time. You can with this product. Hence it's cheap. If you want to feed your birds, then go to B&Q as they sell the same but with detachable seed trays that can be cleaned easily. Cleaning a seed tray while it's attached to a pole is not easy. A mild disinfectant and a bit of elbow grease might work, but I don't like disinfectant on my garden.

The seller is not recommended either. They exploit a loophole in the system: Not realising that these even came with fixed seed trays (I must have been lucky in the past) I bought one by Express Delivery. I paid £6.99 for this service. This company sat on my order for two days and then sent it by the 'free' standard delivery. [It took a week to deliver and I wasn't asked for a signature so the Express Delivery in 1-2 days was not upheld]. I complained to them and requested my £7 back, and got unfriendly and arrogant responses. Because I their attitude towards me I complained to Amazon A-Z, and they wouldn't accept my complaint - apparently sellers are allowed to sit on my order for as long as they like, and as long as it is received within 3 working days of the expected delivery date then that's fine. I ordered it on Wednesday lunch, and because they sat on it until Friday, they then have two working days to deliver, so that's Tuesday, and a further 3 days grace given to them my Amazon (no doubt to remove people from the complaint list). I received it Wednesday; case closed. Daylight robbery is the phrase we're looking for here. Personally I think this is wrong and Amazon are just as guilty as these people for not allowing me to complain about this.
77 comments|155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 January 2012
Very disapointed with this item. Arrived with a broken dish and supplier agreed to send replacement, which never arrived. Upon chasing them up they now say item is no longer in stock! Now have the trouble of sending back this item. Have thankfully found the same item for less money in Aldi, so now awaiting my money back.
on 3 January 2011
This was really easy to put together, and was simply plunged into the ground with the aid of a block of wood and a hammer. The tits were the first to find the seed tray, but the blackbirds, robins and thrush quickly adjusted to using it instead of feeding on the ground.
on 2 November 2010
Excellent product, great value, well packed and easily assembled. Our wild birds love it and it looks good in the garden.
on 10 January 2013
but didnt really deliver, is only a month old and is rusting in the garden. The pole is also too short, you have to stick it fairly hard into the ground so it doesnt blow over which means the feeder is not at a great height for the birds..
on 21 February 2013
I suppose you get what you pay for. I wanted to put this in the earth, away from where my cats could get it. No matter how firmly I pushed it in to the earth, the weight of the birds landing on it toppled it over.

I suppose you could set it in cement or in a heavy base, but of course the will put the price up.
on 30 May 2014
Nice looking table,but the product broke,the wing nut to screw the feeder broke off the nut only had one spot weld that attatched the top to the pole with wing nut. Would not recommed.