5.0 out of 5 stars Carving Marvelous
What a great product, very sturdy and the ease of use is good too; looking forward to putting old skills in projects with these great chisels.
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
I bought these for my wife for Christmas; she has recently joined a woodcarving group, and it was about time she had her own tools rather than having to borrow other people's.

Published on 26 Jan 2012 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: Am-Tech Wood Carving Chisel Set (12 Pieces) (DIY & Tools)

The tools themsleves look good, and come in the leather pouch as described. However, as mentioned in other reviews, they required sharpening. This is where the trouble began- the quality of the metal used is highly variable. The master carver at the group attempted to sharpen three of the tools for my wife, 2 tools he was able to sharpen, but blunted straight away, the third simply disintegrated. We haven't tried the rest yet, and I'll update the review as we do (it may be that the rest are fine), however I'd recommend going to a specialist supplier in person, rather than risking getting this set.

Update:

Have since tried to sharpen the rest of the tools. No joy. Useless waste of money.

2.0 out of 5 stars poor description, 1 Jan 2011
This review is from: Am-Tech Wood Carving Chisel Set (12 Pieces) (DIY & Tools)
At present I am trying to get hold of the vendors as the product is not as described. It is not professional quality, the person receiving the item as a gift was dismayed by it. The chisels were not sharpened and they were not in a leather pouch. I am going to complain about this, it was very upsetting to give something like this as a present only to disappoint someone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Am-Tech Wood Carving Chisel Set (12 Pieces) (DIY & Tools)
Well there is no way in a million years that this item could ever be valued at more than the current selling price,
I had my doubts when I made my purchase, but when it did finally arrive (without its leather carrying case)
my suspiscions were confirmed.I can only blame myself really I got tempted by the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Carving Marvelous, 24 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars wood carving chisels, 17 July 2010
This review is from: Am-Tech Wood Carving Chisel Set (12 Pieces) (DIY & Tools)
Very pleased with quality and speed of supply.
"It does exactly what it said on the can"
Excellent VFM

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little set of chisels, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Am-Tech Wood Carving Chisel Set (12 Pieces) (DIY & Tools)
Very good starter set for wood carving. Good value for money I enjoyed using them at my first attempt on a tree in the garden.

5.0 out of 5 stars A chip off the old block, 10 Sep 2010
This review is from: Am-Tech Wood Carving Chisel Set (12 Pieces) (DIY & Tools)
an excellent professional set of 12 wood carving chisels in a sturdy leather pouch. Ideal for beginners or professionals alike. this could perhaps benefit from a simple guide to what each tool does for those not familiar with their use but all in all an excellent set providing good value for money.speedy delivery too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good carving set, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Am-Tech Wood Carving Chisel Set (12 Pieces) (DIY & Tools)
I got this carving set before I expected it. I am very happy with it. When I got it I was surprised at how good it looked and especially how much I got for the price. I have already told my friends that they must buy carving set from Amazon if they should have.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly as advertised, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Am-Tech Wood Carving Chisel Set (12 Pieces) (DIY & Tools)
Got this item for minor hobby use as so much cheaper than other makes. Nothing wrong with them except some rough and one chipped edge that needed re sharpening. However did not come with leather case as stated and definitely not worth the 50 odd they say that they should be. If just using for little hobby projects then ideal but not for more complex or professional use. Would not get Am-Tech stuff again but not worth returning at 16.

4.0 out of 5 stars great product., 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Am-Tech Wood Carving Chisel Set (12 Pieces) (DIY & Tools)
very good pproduct for the price! bought these for my husband and he is very happy with them he is enjoying using them in his hut carving away. thanks

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›