4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - kept me upright on the ice!
I've just used these on a trip to Norway and Sweden where it got down to -15C. They are pretty easy to fit, and provide excellent grip on the ice. They are also small enough to pack away easily when not being used.

Only a couple of minor points to explain 4 stars rather than 5:

1) It would be good if they came with a pouch to store them in
2)...
Published on 24 Feb 2010 by harry

3.0 out of 5 stars WARNING - They are definitely on the small side & very tight to fit
Just wanted to warn about the sizing of this product. Whilst they're rated as being suitable for a UK size of 8 - 12, I could only just get them to fit my size 10 walking boots. It's possible that they'd fit a slightly larger size shoe but not a larger boot, in my opinion.

Anyone with arthritic hands or difficulty gripping would struggle a lot with the...
Published on 9 Dec 2010 by Nothern Climes

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Walking on ice, 21 Jan 2010
bozo (UK west sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perfect Solutions - Ice Traction Slip-Ons - Large UK sizes 8-12 (Misc.)
Purchased 2 pairs, one for my son who is a postman and one for me. We both used them in the recent snow and ice and found them exceptionalyy good. We both lost one stud form our pairs, both under the ball of the foot but it made little difference to the grip. They are a little difficult to get on but once on they work well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't fit and broke on first wear., 6 Dec 2010
R. Fry (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought the biggest size which didn't fit my size 10s properly and one of the spikes came off on my first walk of 5 minutes. Don't think they will last much longer. Waste of money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do their job well - but studs fall out easily, 27 Nov 2010
Having had a single bad slip over last year (announcing getting old), I saw these and got them. I tried them for the first time today on around 2 inches of snow - down to the postbox and up to the corner shop - perhaps a journey of 400 yards. With the shallow depth of snow, I was aware that the studs would sink down to the pavement below. I was therefore very particular about placing my feet squarly down rather than scuffing them. They worked perfectly well and I felt safe from sliding. However...when I got home, I noticed that no less than three studs had come out of one foot and one stud from the other foot! 400 yards is not the kind of distance I expected them to be 'broken' within. Therefore I cannot recommend this item as suitable for intended use (well not unless the snow is much deeper). If you must have them, be aware that they fit slim shoes easily but are tight on boots with chunky soles.

4.0 out of 5 stars ice grips, 8 Mar 2010
Quite substantial thick stretch rubber fitting. Not for any activity though other than walking on snow/ice on pavements. Slip off too easily on slopes

5.0 out of 5 stars Crampons that work, 28 Nov 2010
At last! The current cold spell has given me my first chance to try out these "Ice Traction Slip-Ons" and I can confirm that they really work. It is amazing to be able to walk along icy pavements at a normal pace without fearing that ultimate humiliation,ending up in A&E with a broken hip! Happy to recommend them to anybody, and already have to loads of people - do I get commission?!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good!, 8 Jan 2011
I shall keep this nice and short, bought these, tried them, initially impressed but within half and hour seven of the twelve metal spikes had broken off and this was on an ice covered car park, which left me walking on hard ice with worse grip than without them! I wouldn't trust em!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, good customer service!, 21 Feb 2011
HJ Coyte - See all my reviews
The product was received on time, on first use, they were great, i could just about dance in the snow and on the ice without falling over! :) Unfortunately there was a problem whereby the rubber tore and one of the studs came out, I contacted the seller who has replaced them completely free of charge. Great customer service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ice Traction Slip-on campons., 12 Feb 2011
Sir, Thank you for the prompt delivery of the
'Universal Ice Traction Slip-on Stretch Fit
crampons'. My Wife, a nurse in a local Nursing Home
found them very good in the last days of the
'Big Freeze'. They have now been put away
till the next 'Freeze' hopefully never as bad again.
Giged; PAW

4.0 out of 5 stars crampons, 3 Feb 2011
G. Stark (Scotland) - See all my reviews
These items helped me walk on the recent heavy ice. A bit tricky to fit on shoes (I have a prosthetic leg) but once on they were a great help.

I recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome!, 14 Mar 2010
I. R. Bruce - See all my reviews
A brilliant product, worth every penny. Takes seconds to put on and off and can be stored away in a small place.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›