5.0 out of 5 stars amazing
amazingly funny and worth the watch, so good i even made a book of love myself and hid it in the school liabrary
Published 11 months ago by Bailey Shooter

2.0 out of 5 stars AMERICAN PIE 7 Book of Love
My kids have been great fans of the earlier American Pie Films but this one was rubbish. No storyline and unconvincing characters.
A real dissapointment.
Published on 5 Jan 2010 by S Mum

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars AMERICAN PIE 7 Book of Love, 5 Jan 2010
A real dissapointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 3 May 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars a spinoff that manages to be even thinner on plot than Beta House..., 20 Jan 2013
Jamie Gray (London, UK) - See all my reviews
...which is a remarkable achievement in itself!

What Rosanna Arquette is doing in drivel like this is anyone's guess. But even more bizarre is trying to reconcile how this could be the same Bug Hall (who plays Rob) as the one who plays Alfalfa in The Little Rascals several years ago.

The main plot device (and I use that in the loosest sense of the word) revolves around the 'Bible', which of course was an idea first created and developed upon in the very first American Pie. It's never explained why the lads *have* to take a road trip, other than they've just realised their burgeoning independence and can do whatever the heck they want. It's about as teen-sex-movie-by-numbers as it can get. There's an effort to make thinsg more interesting by randomly throwing in a British teen girl (again, never explained why she's at an American high school?) which was probably the most fun I had with this film - seeing how long she could keep the hard-to-get attitude up.

DVD quality sucked and gets 0 stars, had to be returned. There was a bit in the middle of the film where it skipped about 5 and a half minutes! It looked like the inner part of the disc had been badly scratched but it arrived in its plastic case, wonder if those Amazon pickers are just throwing stock around?

1.0 out of 5 stars Not an American Pie, 24 Dec 2010
Terrible film.

No great storyline to it what so ever. The "Stifler" of the film is no way near the calibre of Seann William Scott or any other less convincing Stifler.

Wouldn't recommend to buy at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bye bye American Pie, 23 July 2010
The original 3 American pie films were just brilliant. The next 3, whilst probably not deserving of tha AP name, were still quite watchable and a decent laugh. Sadly however this latest title is just Dire. From terrible acting to a computer generated moose chasing 'Stiffler' around in the snow, this film is just terrible. A poor storyline that has been done over and over again.

Enough damage has already been done to the American Pie brand, here's hoping there won't be any more and we can all appreciate the originals!

Avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars American pie - Book of love, 12 Jan 2014
Yes, another slice of American pie. I found this hilariousl, cried with laughter. Despite not having sean w.scott as stifler along with the rest of the original American pie gang, it's rather good. Definately my kind of humor. Watchable over & over. If you like your crude humor, get it. Crazy, situational sex, booze, girls and the bible. great fun. Not a film for people who are sensitive on the sex issue.

3.0 out of 5 stars No at bad as expected., 3 Oct 2013
M. Wilson "KRW" (Midlands, uk) - See all my reviews
Based on other reviews I thought this was going to be awful. I rented it and it was ok, maybe even good. Rented it to see Beth Behr's before 2 broke girls, I has also seen American Pie 1,2,3,4 and the Reunion. I liked the book of love because it attempts to go back to the original storyline and they trace the history of 'the bible' that Jim found in the Library all those years ago. There is 2 very disturbing/ disgusting incidents, which I felt weren't needed. The addition of Louisa Lytton (Stacey's best friend from East enders) as the English student was bad one as they reduce her and her accent to a stereotype.
They do now need to stop with these sequels as they covered it all by the end of this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars LAST SLICE OF PIE, PLEASE!, 29 Sep 2013
The Movie Guy "Movies from A to Z" (United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have seen one other film in the AP series, and I am not very pleased with the movies. Now to set the record straight I love teenage sex comedies. However, a boy making love to a PB&J is not in my realm of humor. Toss in a dog and his brother filming the event and I am out the door.

The movie missed a golden opportunity in The Book of Love. It attempted to reunite certain characters from the past to the present. We had Booger, from the classic "Revenge of the Nerds" as a teacher and Rosanna Arquette from "Amazon Women on the Moon." This should have been a parade of champions from past teenage sex comedies, instead we just get a few to tempt us.

Nudity, sexual situations and non-stop crude sex language. Degrading to women, men, and dogs. Funny at times but not worth the coin.

4.0 out of 5 stars american pie 7 the book of love, 10 Sep 2013
H. M. Oakley (GREAT YARMOUTH. UK) - See all my reviews
hurray I have the complete collection now on dvd. the film is good some parts are funny. good films. glad I got them all

3.0 out of 5 stars An un-necessary addition, 2 Aug 2013
Ian Farrow "funkynunky" (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this DVD because I had all the other American Pie films, but this additional film really was a waste of time and talent. All I can say is that it completes my collection. It is obviously a mistake to try and continue a series for too long without running out of originality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›