5.0 out of 5 stars I DREAMED A DREAM
GREAT CD BY SUSAN BOYLE, LOVE HER MUSIC AND BOUGHT IT FROM AMAZON AS IT WAS CHEAPER AND THE AMAZON SERVICE IS JUST 1ST CLASS THANK YOU THIS CD IS SO LOVELY HER WORDS ARE SO CLEAR NICE TO HEAR WHAT SHE IS SINGING ABOUT,LOVE IT.
Published on 13 Sep 2011 by d clark

2.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING DEBUT ALBUM
There was a time not that long ago when everyone involved in a recording session assembled in a studio, the sound engineer sat in the control booth, and away they went. But not any more, apparently. The credits for Susan Boyle's first CD state "Mixed by Ren Swan. Recorded and mixed at Rokstone Studios, London". So far, so good, but they continue "Strings recorded at Air...
Published on 31 Jan 2010 by Barry McCanna

‹ Previous | 1 2 365 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I was lucky enough to hear a preview!, 13 Sep 2009
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
Well, I was one of the lucky few who managed to hear "Wild Horses" when it was posted to Youtube for 6 hours yesterday. For me, this hauntingly beautiful rendition is worth the album price on its own. Miss Boyle has without doubt the ability to master a number of eclectic musical genres. She doesn't merely perform - she lives her performances. There is something intangible about a musician who sings from the soul and who has worked extremely hard over many, many years to perfect a technique. This lady is gifted in the true sense of the word, not some here-today gone-tomorrow bimbo. The entertainment industry has enough of those already. All I can say to those prepared to score her low is, for goodness sake at least wait until you've heard a few tracks of her debut album.

Better perhaps to remain silent and appear a fool than to open one's mouth and prove it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Album!, 21 Nov 2009
Robert Park (Kirriemuir, Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
Ghee, what a superb album! An emotional roller-coaster. It a pleasure listening to it. If the album has a fault, and it does, it is the difficulty at distinguishing the words of the lyric in Wild Horses but, the music is good and her voice too. Beyond this, her articulation is crystal clear on the other songs and the control of her voice is outstanding. The rendition of I Dreamed A Dream is superb and so too is How Great Thou Art. She sings Amazing Grace as if it was a prayer. What a powerful and haunting voice she has. To those who are upset by her candidness of her background then what has this to do with her singing ability? You can bet you're bottom dollar when Hollywood hears her story it will be on the silver screen. It is a great rags-to-riches tale which we all love. From a woman who has spent her life in a village setting and who speaks its vernacular it is astounding how clear and precise her diction is when singing. She has been brought up to believe that she is of low intelligence (her own admission) but any who stigmatised her with this label are fools indeed; all that they have served to do is too hinder her progress. To anyone who enjoys and appreciates good music then Susan Boyle's album is a worthy buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars She's her own dream come true., 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
Not only does Susan have a beautiful voice but she sings from her heart and reaches the deep, sometimes hidden emotions within us.

5.0 out of 5 stars susan boyle, 9 Nov 2013
Mrs. J. S. E. Greenhalgh (Lune Valley Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
Susan Boyle is fast becoming one of the most listenable voices I have heard in years. Her breath control is amazing and the passion and depth of feeling in her singing is truly awe inspiring

5.0 out of 5 stars Susan Boyle - I Dreamed a Dream, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
This is the second copy I have bought of this album. I liked it to much, the first one wore out! It is a truly stunning album from a woman of exceptional talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely prezzie, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
I like listening to Susan Boyle she has a lovely calming voice, plus her life story is not a happy one, but now she can do whatever she wants

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised!, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
I wanted to listen to see if all the hype about Susan Boyle was true, so I bought this cd for just over 1 (with postage). I loved it, you could hear all the words, and I was surprised at her 'twist' on some classic songs. 'Wild Horse' was fab and she sings it with real feeling.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of people love her, 20 Sep 2011
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
This was nought as a gift for someone who thought she had a nice voice on Britains got talent. Since then I've lost track of the number of time this fan as told me Subo has a lovely voice. I am reliably informed this is played often and they even requested her second album

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album of the year in 2009, 7 Jun 2011
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
I absolutely love this album which in my own opinion is the best I heard throughout 2009.. This singer is sensational, and should be commended for all her hard work.. It does pay to have a dream

5.0 out of 5 stars I Dreamed a Dream, 29 April 2011
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
My wife has it on all the time good lisening music, it took longer than I thought to
arrive.